Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A new era  (Read 1130 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 11:37:53 »

Ime really looking forward to the Brighton game now,ime really pleased with Danny Wilson as new manager,should be a good crowd and we owe Brighton a good stuffing.
Wilson had H,pool playing some good football and i can remember his team at Barnsley being brilliant to watch.
So another New Year beckons and we have a fresh new era to look forward too....lets hope the club treat Byrne fairly as hes worked hard for the club and probably knew from day one he wasnt really in the running unless he won all his matches...ime not really a fan of his after his comments against the forums(rightly or wrongly is another debate!)..but theres no denying hes worked his balls off and i would like to see him concentrate on the youths,but i spose it depends on who Danny Wilson wants.
Good luck to Danny and ime looking forward to actually walking away from matches win lose or draw and actually enjoying what ive watched...because its along time sinse ive done that(Tranny at home probably being the only time this season)
Didnt go v Orient but our fans were brilliant as always,lets lift the lid tomorow and show Wilson what he can expect if he delivers,i think we as a group of fans are just gently simmering at the moment,we just want a reason to boil over..onwards and upwards from here on in i hope.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 11:42:58 »

Good post Leefer - I feel a whole lot more cheerful about supporting STFC again.

Here's to Danny Wilson and the team, and all the best to Budgie -  though I'm not a fan he had a tough job, and a lot of flak , but he's been a loyal servant to the club.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:00:50 »

Agree with you both - Budgie as Reserve Team manager would be a good move. It would let him bring the youngsters thruogh and learn from Wilson. its a temptation to throw the baby out withbthe bathwater with Byrne but he has developed Tozer. Morrison and Joyce amongst others and has some good strengths as well as some obviuos weaknesses.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and yes we do owe Brighton a good beating.
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:08:46 »

Its about time we let Williams go. I feel sorry for him, I think hes a sad and lonely man, and that same compassion is probably keeping him at the club. But enough. Byrne the cocky git that he is, does have something about him and does care, hes got a lot of pride.

Youve got to remmember that even with Parkin and Mooney, City still finnished a long way in front of us that season. With backing Danny Wilson will get us to the sharp end and get us excited about football again. Great appointment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:25:34 »

Good post Leefer - I feel a whole lot more cheerful about supporting STFC again.

Here's to Danny Wilson and the team, and all the best to Budgie -  though I'm not a fan he had a tough job, and a lot of flak , but he's been a loyal servant to the club.

I just don't get this sort of line Byrne hasn't even been here 2 full seasons...he did well as youth manager to get in some of his old Plymuff boys, which shows he might have some use at that level. Wilson has history of using those already at a club, so maybe he'll be happy to keep Byrne...if not it's what happens.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:29:15 »

fitton said he'd get it right this time.well now he needs to speculate to accumilate imo.give wilson some money to get our squad up to standard.let wilson decide who stays or goes in regard to players and coaches.give fans something to be happy about again.fitton coughed up to buy the club,now he needs to throw some more money at it to get it rolling again, after his disasterous appointment of the moronic malpas and his terrible signings.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:37:47 »

I think people are being a bit generous to Budgie as a result of the good feeling surrounding the new appointment.History will show I'm afraid that his spell was a disaster,he took over after our best spell of league results and,frankly,didn't deliver.But,hey,I'm optimistic now and bear no grudges cos he seems like a decent feller.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 12:38:09 »

fitton said he'd get it right this time.well now he needs to speculate to accumilate imo.give wilson some money to get our squad up to standard.let wilson decide who stays or goes in regard to players and coaches.give fans something to be happy about again.fitton coughed up to buy the club,now he needs to throw some more money at it to get it rolling again, after his disasterous appointment of the moronic malpas and his terrible signings.

Fitton has already said that he considers this to be a good squad, capable of being teh other end of the table...DW will be allowed some tinkering, couple out couple in that sort of thing but nothing major. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: