Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 160793 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:52:38 »

Saw on twitter that appointing Caddis is a cynical way to flog season tickets - 'join the adventure next season led by a Swindon legend' etc.

You'd hope Caddis would be clever enough not to get involved in that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #976 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:54:30 »

Is Flynn the worst manager in our history? hell no.

Is Flynn the managing the worst defence in our history? no.

Is Flynn not playing to the players strengths? very much so.

Is Flynn turning a weak defence into a non exisistant defence by his refusal to change tactical direction and what seems to be masterminding the probably THE shittest defensive line we have ever had? for me yes.

I hate sacking managers but for me he lost my confidence after the Aldershot debacle, the worst result in our history for me and hes done nothing to react to that, our defence hasnt improved, he always relies on scoring more goals than we concede and without Young and Kemp that has gone out of the window.

I would only get rid of Flynn now if we had a replacement lined up all ready to come in and mastermind whatever is left of a budget and transfer window, preferably someone who can sort the defence out or get in players who will rectify the issues, in defence more players doe not equal a better defence.

For me we have looked better in the 2 or 3 occassions that we played with 4 defenders and not the 3/5 we play all the time as a preference but often when Flyann changes to a 4 the game is already lost. We dont have defensive minded defenders, simple, a basic necessity of a defender IMO.

If you look at the better clubs in L2 and L1 they have CB's who can defend and head balls who only go forwards for attacking set pieces and not going wandering upfield all the game leaving the defence exposed constantly.

Or if they have a defender that marauds up the pitch then they have a proper defensive minded midfielder sitting back with the defending CB to cover if(when) we lose possession. We don't have that type of player. Thats down to tactics of the manager which are naive to say the least and to not having enough funds in any budget to fix that.

It may have worked for Kevin Keegan 20 years ago but TBH it hasnt really worked for any other team since, the mentality of pushing up all the time is absolute suicide especially when you don't have the creative players to score goals freely (which we seemd to have far more early season which camouflaged performances.

I am in the Flynn out side 100% but only if the new man is identifed and is ready to come in and hit the ground running, which I totally doubt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:58:19 »

Flynn is not without his flaws, but if Kiely won't give him a competitive squad it is hard to judge him.

We have one L2 level centre half (Brewitt) and no target men, ffs.

No league 2 squad in history would have been put together with one centre half and no target man!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:00:01 »

Ooh I don't know. There's a discussion to be had!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:02:55 »

Does changing the set up deal with the plethora of poor individual decision making? They need coaching properly in their defensive duties. Their winning goal yesterday showed that up well. Players not marking properly isn’t a sign of being set up badly but a lack of awareness - it’s basic fucking stuff that hasn’t been addressed at all. Telling the CBs not to cross the half way line won’t stop the basic errors.

That’s why Flynn/Hatswell need to go - they haven’t addressed it and seem incapable of doing so.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:05:24 »

Does changing the set up deal with the plethora of poor individual decision making? They need coaching properly in their defensive duties. Their winning goal yesterday showed that up well. Players not marking properly isn’t a sign of being set up badly but a lack of awareness - it’s basic fucking stuff that hasn’t been addressed at all. Telling the CBs not to cross the half way line won’t stop the basic errors.

That’s why Flynn/Hatswell need to go - they haven’t addressed it and seem incapable of doing so.

I’m the camp of thinking both that Flynn/Hatswell can’t sort this out as well as thinking that these CB’s can’t be helped full stop. Need new personnel in there as well as coaches capable of organising them
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:07:17 »

surely this is now into made up rumour territory- the timing would be stupidity personified anyway.

not seen any of the local journos comment yet? So they are either in the dark or sitting on the press release!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #982 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:09:32 »

I know its horses for course etc and not in the same category as its Div 1 vs Div 4 but the Premier League defence probably shades it for me, if nothing more than goals conceded.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:11:39 »

But we’re conceding 2+ every game now against some rank bad teams.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:12:00 »

surely this is now into made up rumour territory- the timing would be stupidity personified anyway.

not seen any of the local journos comment yet? So they are either in the dark or sitting on the press release!

Same as Batch, not seen anywhere genuine

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #985 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:13:43 »

But we’re conceding 2+ every game now against some rank bad teams.
We are, all we need to be is average to beat most of these sides. How I wish we were average.

Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:20:19 »

I can’t think of a worse one over the past 30years
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:30:55 »

With regards to Flynn changing the way we play to make us more solid.

I thought when he changed the lineup for Mansfield, playing the extra midfield player & dropping Charlie to the bench that he had thought about it and made a change. However it appeared to be a tactic just for that game.

Was also interesting yesterday that the Crewe commentary team (apart from being a bit annoying) did make comment on how Swindon seemed happy to get men behind the ball and not try and dominate possession like they normally do. And for the most part they did limit the number of chances Crewe created, but at the detriment of any type of attacking flair.

As for changing manager now, I don't see there being any point as we will end up with another Morris type appointment where he doesn't have his own players & no option to bring them in. If we are going to do it then wait until the end of the season and give the new man a transfer window (albeit I don't think anyone believes any manager will get the right backing from Clem)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:34:33 »

Statistically, after 28 games this one is our 3rd worst defence since the end of regionalisation.
62 in 1993-94 & 57 in 1964-65.
This may well end to be the worst one in a 46 game season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #989 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:36:22 »

Statistically, after 28 games this one is our 3rd worst defence since the end of regionalisation.
62 in 1993-94 & 57 in 1964-65.
This may well end to be the worst one in a 46 game season.
Absolutely. If we carry on conceding as we are then yes it could feasibly be the worst if nothing is done to remedy it.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: