Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Season Goalkeeper  (Read 17930 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 12:27:23 »

I know the likes of Greer, HRK, OTJ, Cox, Paynter & Wilson have played a massive part in getting us over the line in the end but lets not over look the contribution Smith has made since he came back into the side.

Wasn't what I was implying and I agree. Smith isn't perfect but he's done his bit.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 12:32:37 »

Get rid of both of them and the coach and start again. I reallty thugoht Brez was going to be the man but no way jose. Smith is no better or worse.
The main position we need to fill, however, is a midfield general - a Stigger, Fat Jack, Kammy, McHale type.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 12:38:06 »

It depends if Wilson has one lined up.

I used to be 'pro-competition' in the goalkeeper department - but the Smith vs. Brezovan tussle has been poor really with both winning the jersey by default at times.

Perhaps bringing in a new keeper with a youngster on the bench is the way to go? Or a veteran on the bench as a player/coach?

Just thinking out loud here Smiley
santasdead

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 12:58:51 »

Perhaps bringing in a new keeper with a youngster on the bench is the way to go? Or a veteran on the bench as a player/coach?

I see your plan,get rid of two close to woeful keepers, aswell as the exceptionally useless keeping coach. i believe smith's gained confidence in his keeping due to the back 4 being solid for the last stint of the season. that coach must go.
Spencer_White

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 13:16:52 »

for the large part we've had some absolute shit in goal since Digby left...........Talia, Griemink, Evans, Glass, Mckinney, Book and now we can add both Smith and Brez to the list of failed keepers. We'll get lucky with one soon I hope fingers crossed.

To think quite a few of those names won player of the year!!!!

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 14:51:55 »

I'm more than happy to keep Smithy as #1, I think some people forget who and where we are...

Agreed

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 18:20:32 »

So you are happy to keep a keeper who between him and his number 2 have cost us alot of fucking points along with half the squad of course. Its ok saying remember where we are etc but with that mentality we will not improve. Most of this squad are not good enough simple as that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 18:49:28 »

I'm happy to keep the keeper we've had in goal for the last 10 games, yes
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 18:58:12 »

Fair enough. He has done better agreed just think we need better
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 18:59:17 »

Smiths been brilliant ever since he came back into the team and I'd keep him for next season. Brezovan on the other hand has been pretty crap for most of the season.

If I had to keep one it'd be Smith. It's just a shame a section of our supporters will give him grief no matter what he does because of a few fuck ups (yet Brez gets fuck all despite being worse?!).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 18:59:44 »

Fair enough. He has done better agreed just think we need better

No one said Smith had to be number 1 though...
flammableBen

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 19:02:04 »

If I had to keep one it'd be Smith. It's just a shame a section of our supporters will give him grief no matter what he does because of a few fuck ups (yet Brez gets fuck all despite being worse?!).

My favourite on saturday was the dude behind me who complained that he was "fucking lucky cunt" when he pulled off that ace save.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 21:16:34 »

What would people think if Wilson brought in Phillips next season?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
flammableBen

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 21:18:17 »

I'd think "wow, Berniman off the TEF asked me what I'd think if this happend and I predicted my own shock"
Spud

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 21:50:17 »

Get a new keeper in and keep Smith as back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: