Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27260 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 10:19:26 »

Felt very sorry for Davison, outmuscled most of the time by Stubbs and helped by the ref who gave him very little. As co-commentator Chalky said Davison needs to be a bit more "horrible" in his attitude but that being said he would probably have got a red card based on the apparent "fouls" he gave to the Exeter players. 

He was wrestled the whole game and got nothing. As soon as he gave a bit back it was a foul against him. That completely limited us.

I give McKirdy and Williams shit for going down too easy but fucking hell it's clear we need too to get anything from any referee.

Well beaten yesterday though. The absentees were obvious, but no one really played well. O'Brien looked decent next to Cooper but with tweedle dum and tweedle dee next to him he looked lost.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 11:33:15 »

I am usually well balanced but that was a fucking disgrace from some of them last night. Experienced defenders bitching at eachother and berating Jake Obrien. Tell you what, that defence we finished with last night was what we finished with last season, Maybe Sheridan had a point despite his downfalls he said they had no fight about them.

If we were 5th from bottom now with that defence we get relegated as they do not give a fuck
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 11:37:57 »

Think last night showed it’s probably a set back too far. Garner’s had to build a team, then rebuild it in January and then had his best 2 loanees injured. With top scorer suspended on top, last night was always going to be a struggle. Still think there are winnable games with the squad we’re not left with, autos have gone but a chance at sneaking a playoff space and then with 12,000 home fans you never know where we could get to. Still hope
adje

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 11:46:56 »

I should've added a  "Wink" in echoing a popular recent refrain after a match where we were both naive and soft.

A major difference between the sides last night was in how they played out of possession.

Even allowing for the fact that Payne's worldie robbed Exeter of a 3 goal margin, is it the case we have endured more 3 goal surrenders this season than we did in LG 1?

It does seem that way,but statistically in League 1 we suffered five 3 goal defeats as opposed to just 1 this season.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 11:47:43 »

I do not want to see Dion Conroy in a Town shirt again. His attitude is fucking appalling.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 11:58:44 »

I heard if you criticise him three times DoB appears to defend him and claim he isn’t fit.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:01:25 »

I am usually well balanced but that was a fucking disgrace from some of them last night. Experienced defenders bitching at eachother and berating Jake Obrien. Tell you what, that defence we finished with last night was what we finished with last season, Maybe Sheridan had a point despite his downfalls he said they had no fight about them.

If we were 5th from bottom now with that defence we get relegated as they do not give a fuck

Who was bitching at who?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:04:30 »

Is the chap called Steve who nearly got ejected by a female steward on the TEF?

Nothing to see here
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:05:57 »

I do not want to see Dion Conroy in a Town shirt again. His attitude is fucking appalling.
I only half noticed in passing a little bitching between defenders last night and personally I can't therefore throw any stones.

However, I have really appreciated the defensive work and attitude of O'Brien and Cooper.  O'Brien in particular started with a bit of a stinker but they have got their heads down and blossomed. So if the club captain and also the senior pro returned and really were both bringing back some of last year's negativity, detracting from team spirit, that would be extremely disappointing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:07:03 »

I heard if you criticise him three times DoB appears to defend him and claim he isn’t fit.

Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:08:49 »

TBH I thought JOB was our best centre back last night after a poor start, Conroy and Baudry were poor/anonymous in the main at least JOB made a few decent long passes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:13:49 »

It does seem that way,but statistically in League 1 we suffered five 3 goal defeats as opposed to just 1 this season.
Thanks Adje.  Facts always trump impressions (certainly my own).
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:29:28 »

Trying to come to terms with that last night.
On one hand we are simply down to bare bones, East and JML need loan experience and are simply not ready. Ricky A just not ready to play every game in such a key position.
The 532 once again in my opinion bit us on the arse, clearly not allowing us to take control of the midfield, lack width and isolating a centre forward once the “forward” tactic is forced upon us.

Exeter exposed us, second half an improvement but was that down to Exeter taking their foot off the gas?
Damage limitation and only my opinion, maybe revert back to a 442 for Saturday, pushing Iandolo into midfield, switching Hunt to left and bringing in AK to right back.
Clearly without McKirdy and lacking width we looked so narrow and ineffective.

Oldham will be fighting for their life, by no means won’t be anywhere near the class of Exeter.

Reminded me of Orient last night, we defended poorly from wide positions which was disappointing having set out with a flat 5.
Glad we stayed to watch the strike from Payne but disappointing, just glad to post as my life flashed before me. My lad was shook up as the gate bounced over the car !!
Just makes you realise when travelling at high speeds you are at risk.

Keeping the faith, no need to start wrist slashing but could do with a win Saturday to keep that blind optimistic belief.
Without doubt there are better sides in this Division than Swindon. None however have had the shit that we have had to endure pre- season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:39:12 »

Genuinely cannot wait to see the back of Conroy and Baudry. They're simply not up to it and serve no purpose other than filling a squad position. Conroy having the armband is just insulting to the club. 

Unfortunately we don't really have anyone else at the moment though and this may be what finally derails our season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 12:52:10 »

I'm going to invite criticism, but I think Conroy is good enough for this level .

I am not claiming he's doing it right now, he's off form and low on confidence. And there are questions over attitude

Baudry is a bit long in the tooth. injuries and 34 years catching up

the pairing isn't going to cut it.

humph
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: