Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yet another techie question.  (Read 834 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 06:25:11 »

Happy Thursday all.

Iv'e just moved apartments and my new place has wireless internet only, as I have a PC I need to buy whatever gizmo it is that allows me to use wireless. What gizmo is it that I need to buy?

Anyone? JJ?

Thanks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 07:38:57 »

You need to have a wireless router (which I assume you have) and a wireless network adaptor, this can be bought as a card that goes inside your pc or there are USB versions available as well which are much easier and lot less messing about.

Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 07:47:14 »

Get a wireless card. Netgear do good ones for about £10 don't do what I did and get a really fst card which is too fast for my router match the speed of your wireless card to your router or you will just be wasting money on the fast wireless card. I would also go for the card as you can stick in in the laptop and forget about where as a usb thing sticks out and you ahev to take it off whenever you put your laptop iin the bag whereas the card you can just leave in as it only sticks out alittle.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 07:48:44 »

As Mr PTP says

Wireless router...can be picked up in the UK for around £25 and a wifi dongle or wireless card both can be bought in the UK at about £8-10 so in the far east they should be much less to buy.

If that is not possible then go for mobile broadband and dont bother with the router that just gives you a wifi dongle that can be used anywhere that you can get a mobile signal mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 08:55:38 »

Cheers chaps.

The wireless router is already there as it a service provided by the apartment building, so I guess that I need to pick up a wireless network adaptor. Likely to be cheap as chips out here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 09:22:49 »

dude, even in Argos you can get a perfectly adequate one for £10. I'd imagine they are free inside boxes of cornflakes round your way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: