Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 69421 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:14:25 »

I didn't even go yesterday but I'm still over the moon about the result!

My little brother was away on a Uni trip with his Leeds fan mate (who thought it appropriate to poke fun at us numerous times this season) but anyway,  texting 1 nil, 2 nil, 3 nil to him provided immense pleasure.  Needless to say the Northern Monkey wasn't too happy Cheesy 

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:16:23 »

people keep going on about leeds fans big club boasting,but the reaction from our fans prove how big a club they are.
all our fans wouldn't be raving about it if it was an away win at any other club in the division.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:22:06 »

people keep going on about leeds fans big club boasting,but the reaction from our fans prove how big a club they are.
all our fans wouldn't be raving about it if it was an away win at any other club in the division.
I agree to some extent. However, I think there are two factors other than it being the size of Leeds as a club. The first is the fact that we constantly hear their fans going on about how they are better than other teams, and even when they lose so many of their fans refuse to credit the other team with simply being better. You don't have to go onto WACCOE to see it - they've been on Swindon forums, they went on Norwich forums, they're on 606, they text in to the Football League Show. Secondly, it's the fact that we just won 3-0 against promotion rivals to take us to our HIGHEST POSITION IN TEN YEARS. I still can't believe we're in 2nd place, and beating anybody to achieve that would have put a huge smile on my face until 3pm on Monday at the very least.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:22:36 »

Well if that other club was 3rd and had been top 2 a lot of the season and we dicked them 3-0 AGAIN to go second with 7 games left then I expected we'd have enjoyed it just as much.
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:23:35 »

Yes; i was the fat ginger kid stood right at the back.

so you was the one on the happy bus who kept kicking the back of my seat.
cheers fella!

ooh ive finally posted up on here, hi everyone
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:23:59 »

Well if that other club was 3rd and had been top 2 a lot of the season and we dicked them 3-0 AGAIN to go second with 7 games left then I expected we'd have enjoyed it just as much.

We would have enjoyed it, but not as much as this.

It's All Good..............
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:25:09 »

I think they will bounce back sooner or later and if/when they get back in the Championship they could carry the momentum forward into the Prem. The problem they have is they haven't dealt with where they are and have the mentality that they shouldn't be in League 1 with their 'tin pot' & 'Mickey Mouse' comments. Compare that with other big teams that have dropped to this level, Man City & Sheff Weds, those teams seemed to embrace it a bit more and think 'ah well, some new grounds to go to and let's have a laugh' whereas Leeds fans seem to think they are still in the Champions League and keep harking back to the 60's and 70's teams.

You are where you are and the only teams that deserve to be in the Premier League clubs are the 20 clubs that are there and the same for the Championship. We could easily say on a historic basis we are as big a club as the likes of Wigan, Hull who rattled around the lower leagues for much of their existence but we don't moan about it. Wigan are a well run club and deserve to be there until such time they get relegated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:27:43 »

In all seriousness, Leeds ARE a big club with huge support/stadium and and an illustrious history and tradition. That cannot be denied and I don't think anyone would. BUT the problem I have with them is that they cannot get it into their thick northern skulls that none of this actually counts for anything when you are trying to get out of the third division. It's all about the 11 on the pitch. Nothing more, nothing less.

The other thing is the fact that they absolutely steadfastly refuse to give any credit to the opposition, EVER. If they lose it is always down to the fact that the 'tin pot' opposition raise their game just because it's Leeds and because they (Leeds) were shit not that the opposition played well. Even now, they cannot accept that we are any good.

There are exceptions of course. There are some Leeds fans who are perfectly reasonable and some one posted an example of that earlier. Onverall though, I find them to be increadibly arrogant, ungracious and borish.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:30:04 »

I think they will bounce back sooner or later and if/when they get back in the Championship they could carry the momentum forward into the Prem. The problem they have is they haven't dealt with where they are and have the mentality that they shouldn't be in League 1 with their 'tin pot' & 'Mickey Mouse' comments. Compare that with other big teams that have dropped to this level, Man City & Sheff Weds, those teams seemed to embrace it a bit more and think 'ah well, some new grounds to go to and let's have a laugh' whereas Leeds fans seem to think they are still in the Champions League and keep harking back to the 60's and 70's teams.

Totally agree. On the Football League Show last night tehre was a clip of a Newcastle United fan who had "Championship Tour" on the back of their shirt. Some may say that it was arrogant, but the way I saw it they were accepting their position, embracing a year in the Championship with all the new teams and grounds, and being optimistic about the future. Leeds fans just have a massive superiority complex and won't (collectively) accept their place in this division even if they're here again next year.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:41:16 »

Oh what a day!!!

Had a good run up and Mickey Quinn on TalkSport mentioned me and the lads on the wireless.

Saw a few TEFers in the Drysalters......"Hi Flash.....Fuck Off Flash!" etc etc.

Good old portion of fish n chips and then in the ground for kick off.

Missed the lad getting his shirt which was a shame...hopefully some pics on here?

very good display and weathered an early storm as the formation didnt match Leeds.

Leeds missed an open goal and it proved costly for them.

First win in five visits to Elland Road....love it.

A bit fruity on the way back to the car and someone parked behind me had their window stoved in.

I felt a bit sorry for Leeds at the end as i thought that only half the players were trying in front of a home crowd who had stayed to the bitter end (the majority).

Clems Army!
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:49:17 »

Saw a few TEFers in the Drysalters......"Hi Flash.....Fuck Off Flash!" etc etc.

Good old portion of fish n chips and then in the ground for kick off.

it was like a sauna in the Drysalters trying to get a pint with all them sweaty Leeds fans at the bar!

gave the chippy a miss after seeing the size of the queue.

dont think its been mentioned but i thought some of the stewarding seemed a bit OTT in the first half.
some poor old bloke next to me got ejected for doing nothing (unless i missed something?)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:53:14 »

it was like a sauna in the Drysalters trying to get a pint with all them sweaty Leeds fans at the bar!

gave the chippy a miss after seeing the size of the queue.

dont think its been mentioned but i thought some of the stewarding seemed a bit OTT in the first half.
some poor old bloke next to me got ejected for doing nothing (unless i missed something?)

Poor?  Could of been a vagrancy charge?

Clems Army!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #627 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:55:27 »

I couldn't care less who we beat yesterday as long as we won and went into 2nd, But with us usually losing there and it being a bogey ground it does make it more sweeter especially when their fans are so arrogant and cocky.
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:58:27 »

Poor?  Could of been a vagrancy charge?

well he didnt look like a tramp tbh
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:26:40 »

Ahhh can't be fucked to read through all these pages. But yeah yesterday was quality. Being sat pretty much right next to the pitch seemed really gay at first but after a few minutes I got right into it and it was great being so close to the action and the Leeds fans. Nothing was better for me that the first goal as strange as it sounds. Leeds fans were giving it large for the first 40 minutes and then we scored and it just burst into chaos. I couldn't help but turn to both sides of the ground and make a point of celebrating that goal just to piss them off. Fantastic. Then Billy comes up with a cracker early in the 2nd half and the home fans have gone totally quiet. In goes another and for a minute it almost felt like it was a dream.

So the Leeds fans began to head to the exits. Then came a range of quality chants like "We're going to West Ham, you're going to Dagenham" and "Is there a fire drill?". I was loving every second off it. Seeing the players at the end was good as well. Billy came over to the fans and got a great reception as he deserved and Charlie decided to join in the celebrations as well.

I think we passed more Leeds fans on the motorway there and back than we did Town fans. Those silly badges they have in their cars must have been given away as freebies or something. We gloated at one as we passed them but let's be honest it would have been a bit boring if we'd have done it to all of them. Oh and I got a classic text from a Leeds fan after the game which read something like "You're shit. Don't even talk to me about that poor football". I've never laughed so much at a text. Great stuff. What a day. 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: