Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 69390 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:27:02 »

Ive only got one gripe. We should have been playing in our famous red shirts.
Don't get me started on that again!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:28:11 »

i couldn't get it to work properly and it was too long Sad

where can i see highlights online? nowt on the beeb or stfcplayer yet.
Watch the Football League Show on i Player...50 mins 44 seconds in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/The_Football_League_Show/
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:28:22 »

And to cap it all, we stopped at services on the way back and bumped into Ferry, Easton, Greer, Cuthbert and Douglas, thanked them to an extent that was probably embarrassing for making us so proud to be Town fans and Joe had his picture taken with them and got his programme signed. He's pretty much in football heaven right now - "best day ever, Dad!"

I am just so fucking happy and proud right now, I may actually rupture something

Ha! That must've been you we chatted to at those services! I was the guy with the Douglas style mop and grey hoody.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:29:25 »

Can I just say, despite the opinion of half the football world, I fucking love Leeds. And Southampton. And indeed any team that gives us 6 points and goals in each leg without reply Smiley
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:30:23 »

Same coach then I think. Such a freaking long way, think I'll go all KoT and get a plane next time...I'll start saving now.

But Nemo - we may not be playing them again for a very long time...  Wink

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:31:09 »

I'm yet to find any media outlet that has given us credit for the victory. Oh well, let's continue to go un-noticed and nick top spot from Norwich Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:31:28 »

Ha! That must've been you we chatted to at those services! I was the guy with the Douglas style mop and grey hoody.

Bye Ha, I remember chatting to you, but don't remember a word we said, I was still completely incoherent. Still am. So apologies if I talked bollocks Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:32:23 »

Watch the Football League Show on i Player...50 mins 44 seconds in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/The_Football_League_Show/
won't work here... damned bbc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:35:24 »

I'm yet to find any media outlet that has given us credit for the victory. Oh well, let's continue to go un-noticed and nick top spot from Norwich Smiley
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article7086830.ece
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/leagueone/leeds/7550088/Leeds-0-Swindon-3-match-report.html
Although both focus inevitably on the "Leeds fail" angle, they do give us credit for "guts and guile"

And while you're there worth revisiting the telegraph blog which first pointed out Leeds' downfall was not due to the Cup run but to the lesser recognised "Swindon Syndrome" - we are their cup final:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/stevewilson/100006787/leeds-united-the-fall-and-rise-and-fall-again/
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:35:41 »

Ive only got one gripe. We should have been playing in our famous red shirts.

I moving this week so had to stay home to pack/clean etc With just a radio for company... Fitton said that the players like and want to play in the blue strip as they have never lost in it apart from fullham... but that wasnt a dissapointing display either.

I have never taken so much pleasure in cleaning tiles as i did during yesterdays second half... And i started all the chants from my bathroom!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:36:58 »

Just watched the highlights, like third game on? Never mind, we are fucking going up.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:44:13 »

Bye Ha, I remember chatting to you, but don't remember a word we said, I was still completely incoherent. Still am. So apologies if I talked bollocks Cheesy

You always talk bollocks.  Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:46:54 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/CurrentLeagueTable.asp?Season=2009-2010&comp=3&sort=6
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:47:08 »

I watched the goals on skysports news last night. We were shown after the leyton orient game, for some reason, and they went very much on the 'leeds have blown it' angle.

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 10:52:40 »

Far from being irritated by the lack of recognition, I welcome it.  This is great news for the club.  I doubt it will last another 7 games, but the fact we're 2nd and that other clubs have not really worked out how/why can only benefit us.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: