Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 69434 times)
DMR

« Reply #480 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:14:28 »

Random place to ask. Apparently, after all, I am employable.

Washing plates, good use of that degree pal!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #481 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:16:12 »

You dont really need us to tell you!

Nah I know, just text leefer's m8 see if he fancies it
flammableBen

« Reply #482 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:17:37 »

Washing plates, good use of that degree pal!

I never got no degree posh boy.
DMR

« Reply #483 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:19:42 »

Good lad.

I'm in dreamland atm. What a result.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:25:36 »

Nice:

* leeds 3 0.jpg (58.74 KB, 320x320 - viewed 664 times.)
Plumstead Red
Formerly Arkells Chris

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:26:34 »

Just back from the game. Wow. Absolutely fantastic performance from Town today. My best away match ever. I couldn't believe how good we were today. Leeds had the better first half hour, Lucas was brilliant, Darby, Cuthbert and Greer were terrific throughout the first half. We took all three goals so clinically well, and we should have had a couple more. I love the fact that we just soaked the pressure up at their ground, the mighty Leeds, but we weren't cowed by them, and we played our game exactly to our gameplan and played them off the park at times.

Swindon Town, I love you. Twenty two seasons and today was one of my most memorable games ever.

Thank you, Danny Wilson and the Board. The improvements this season in the team and the wider club have been phenomenal.

And the fans - some brilliant songs today. We were great.

A new dawn is breaking...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:34:39 »

A new dawn is breaking...

You've got a point there, Chris.  Even if we don't do it this year, our star is rising.  We're heading in the right direction.  2010, 2011, 2012...no idea.  But we're on our way back.  We're starting to resemble the side I fell in love with in twenty years ago this summer.

Swindon, I love you.

xx
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:35:27 »

So the dilemma is do I fancy an impromptu trip up to Swindon for the Tranmere game? Or go to Hamworthy v Poole

What do you lot think I should do?
That can hardly be described as a 'dilemma' Hmmm
stfcinbmth

« Reply #488 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:40:00 »

Any Town fans in Bournemouth that fancy a trip up on Monday pm me? Leefer's m8 can't make it
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:43:52 »

From W A C C O E:

Sour grapes? Denial? He has been probably the most outstanding Swindon player this season.

That sums up why I can't stand Leeds and why W.ACCOE holds such a facination for me. It's because Leeds fans can always come up with a million and one reasons why they lost but not one of those reasons is ever, EVER that the opposition may just may have played well or done at least done one thing right during the whole 90 minutes.

I hate them.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:48:40 »

That was fucking amazing. It still hasn't sunk in that we just stuffed the twats 3-0!

We were absolutley amazing, from start to finish. Greer and Cuthbert were immesnse at the back.

We attacked really well and 3 great goals.

Singing 'is there a fire drill' was fucking hilarious, the town fans were brilliant. What a fucking day!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:49:12 »

I hate them.

Seriously, don't bother.  They're just another set of fans.  And their team, Leeds United, is not as good at football as ours, Swindon Town.

Look down on them if you must.  But don't hate them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:49:39 »

Right, I work with a couple of Leeds fan.

One of them, is a proper Leeds fan who still goes to alot of games despite living in Swindon. Infact I saw him in the services on the way up.

When we dicked them at the CG I naturally gave him some stick but held back abit because there was still a chance for revenge.

Now we've beaten them twice - do I go for it, do I taunt and abuse him so much that he crawls into the fetal position and cries - or back up just incase we get them in the play offs or something?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:51:27 »

Bide your time.  We won the battle today...but we've not yet won the war.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 20:54:29 »

Just got back home.

For the first 20 or 30 minutes we sat back a bit and just soaked up the pressure. There was a couple of scary moments, Lucas pulled off an excellent save from point blank range and another was cleared off the line (it looked over to me but I'm most likely talking shit as the linesman was perfectly placed). The first half was far from one way traffic though, we had a number of equally good chances to score and it wasn't that big a surprise when we took the lead.

We gradually took control from the start of the 2nd half. Paynter's 2nd was an excellent finish and the 3rd was Austin being in the right place at the right time again. Big difference with the chances was that we took them and they didn't. Austin had another good chance towards the end created by Nouble and I'm sure he'll be kicking himself for not doing better - no complaints from me though.

The last 30 minutes was spent ripping the piss non stop out of the Leeds fans. They must have been sick of us by the final whistle as it was non stop. For 30 minutes. Non stop. It was great fun and the highlight of the day.

The other thing that struck me was the massive smile on 1,500 faces as they left the ground, this was the most satisfying result and performance in a very, very long time for me. We've had to listen to the Leeds fans going on and on about how big they are, how we are tin pot, how big they are, how this was our cup final and how big they are. Today's game was a massive fuck you in their direction and it felt good.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: