Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Predictions for Charlton  (Read 12334 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 09:40:45 »

Quote from: "DV"
What the hell did Sturrock say to them at half time, we got worse and worse as the game went on.

Once Charlton took the lead we clearly had no interest in winning the game and took off our only player who looked capable of doing something which wasnt hoofing it up the field.

First half was good, second half wasnt

I think it was more a case of charlton being cack first half, much better second half.

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 09:54:36 »

Fats your adoration of Pook is starting to wear a bit thin-both Adams and Easton are far superior to your idol-for a start they can both control a ball

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
fatbury

« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 09:58:26 »

no i disagree .. Pook is looking our best midfielder right now
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:02:36 »

no i disagree .. Pook is looking our best midfielder right now

both Adams and Easton are far superior to your idol-for a start they can both control a ball

Case closed.

Things get better but they never get good
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:07:12 »

Pook is noway our best midfielder and will never be at this football club with the current options we have.

Last night when he came on demonstrated that.
fatbury

« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:09:48 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Pook is noway our best midfielder and will never be at this football club with the current options we have.

yeah and he was crap on Saturday too wasnt he?? thats why the adver gave him man of the match ... I expect him to start against Luton for sure
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:10:41 »

I thought Pook played well again last night. He is obviously not better than either Adams or Easton though. Been impressed with his contribution so far this season.

I predit Sturrock Jr will be the new Pook.
magic8ball

« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:21:46 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

yeah and he was crap on Saturday too wasnt he?? thats why the adver gave him man of the match ... I expect him to start against Luton for sure

No, no, NO!!!!!!

Pook is not a good player, and certainly not a first choice first teamer.

He won't start that many games this season.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:24:30 »

Read the post properly.  I said last night, no mention of Saturday.

I still wouldn't have given him MOM Saturday anyway.

I think he looked terrible last night and Im certainly not changing that opinion for you or anyone else.
One good performance does not make him our best midfielder!
McLovin

« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 10:32:23 »

I am one of Pook's biggest detractors, but i will freely admit he played like a League 1 midfielder on Saturday, and wasn't bad last night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 11:12:00 »

brez - Wasn't worked too hard but did make a few good stops and almost saved the penalty. Shame about that one missed cross

smith - I think he did okay, and the main reason he wasn't getting balls into the box was the lack of bodies in there to pick out
ifil - Fairly quiet but made a couple of important challenges
aljofree - Pretty solid
tozer - Had good and bad spells but did pretty well considering it was his first game

roberts - MOTM. Made runs, put (mostly) good balls into the box and would have been lethal if we had a decent striker for him to pick out
adams - Did a job quietly and effectively
easton - Same as Adams, they are quite solid as a partnership
comminges - Looked lively and exciting to start with but as soon as he got the card he faded

sturrock - Wank. Gash. Crap. Drop him now
peacock - Should have put us 1-0 up, was a bit out of sorts

arrieta - Need more time to judge his attacking abiulity but he certainly pressured the Charlton defence
zaaboub - Made a few good runs in a short space of time and I think people are being harsh on him
pook - Came on and gave the ball away on several occasions. Made one good touch to set up a shooting chance but taht was about it

Overall we did ok considering Charlton have some very good players. We probably edged it in the first half but there's no denying we looked completely lost up front, especialy towards the end. Hopefully the new investment will see that sorted out
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007, 11:44:38 »

there only being legal and making sure a spacker gets one Wink  equal opportunities and all that
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: