Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990492 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7515 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 04:45:04 »

Fair points you make

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7516 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 06:40:45 »

The would we, should we debate has no legs until he is formally asked, even then he has to say yes..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7517 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 07:53:29 »

Im still in shock we havent collapsed like we were suppoeed to at the end of february, have signed a player etc. Someone was telling porkies there
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7518 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 08:10:45 »

More likely that someone other than Power is funding the club in anticipation of taking over.

Or so I hope
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7519 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 08:15:39 »

Wellens left STFC for a reason.  He saw the problems ahead associated with Lee Power's ownership and, rightly in my view, took a different path.

Salford hasn't worked out for him.  But that doesn't mean he's going to want to rush back here.  The ownership issues are still there.  We're looking at Sheridan-calibre candidates, sadly, until they're resolved.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 08:35:19 by Ardiles » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7520 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 08:39:31 »

If his name was not Richie Wellens would you want a manager with 1 win in 8 and struggling with one of the best squads in league 2.

He did well for us but as much as last year was great we still do not know how the season could have finished
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #7521 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 09:05:54 »

The only period he can fairly be judged on is the one where he had a pre-season and assembled a squad under normal circumstances, although three-quarters of a season is far from proof.

I'd have him back, after he'd done a walk of shame down the DRS concourse being pelted with stale lardy cakes.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7522 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 09:45:23 »

I'd have him back, after he'd done a walk of shame down the DRS concourse being pelted with stale lardy cakes.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7523 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:06:15 »

I don't share the same feelings of glee that some others clearly do that Wellens at Salford didn't work out. Of course him leaving this season did leave a sour taste but whether it was down to luck, judgement, genius etc he does have the League 2 Champions on his CV and nothing can change that.

I think his stock probably remains relatively high, his next role will be important in his manageral career, he obviously has some good qualities that he showed in getting us up so fair play to him. As to the question would I have him back? Well yes I would much rather he was here than John Sheridan of course, and would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some players and managers just seem to work at clubs so perhaps it could be that STFC and Wellens just work.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7524 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:09:08 »

Without looking back, I think it was suggested earlier that the owners know best and that we should not offer any further comment on this forum.
You do make me laugh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7525 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:11:04 »

If his name was not Richie Wellens would you want a manager with 1 win in 8 and struggling with one of the best squads in league 2.

He did well for us but as much as last year was great we still do not know how the season could have finished
I agree, he has reaped what he sowed. I may forgive him in a few years but as it stands I am glad he was sacked, no sympathy.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7526 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:14:30 »

I don't share the same feelings of glee that some others clearly do that Wellens at Salford didn't work out. Of course him leaving this season did leave a sour taste but whether it was down to luck, judgement, genius etc he does have the League 2 Champions on his CV and nothing can change that.

I think his stock probably remains relatively high, his next role will be important in his manageral career, he obviously has some good qualities that he showed in getting us up so fair play to him. As to the question would I have him back? Well yes I would much rather he was here than John Sheridan of course, and would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some players and managers just seem to work at clubs so perhaps it could be that STFC and Wellens just work.

I just cannot see his ego letting him come back here, there would have to be some comments about loyalty and contrition at fucking off at the first opportunity and from the way he was getting at the start of the season I just don't think he could do it.

What I hadn't realised ('cos I am a bit slow like that) is that his trophy win at Salford was in the main down to Alexander, he only managed the team for the final. Its like suggesting that if we won the paint pot trophy in 20102 it was all down to John Bostock!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #7527 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:24:46 »

Some interesting points here from Salford fans who never took to him, jobs for the boys.

https://salfordcityfcfans.proboards.com/thread/3326/wellens

Reading back through other threads on their forum they say, never takes the blame for poor performances, can't get players playing how he wants, defence poor, never ever fully tells the truth in interviews and makes out he is hard done by.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7528 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:24:54 »

I just cannot see his ego letting him come back here, there would have to be some comments about loyalty and contrition at fucking off at the first opportunity and from the way he was getting at the start of the season I just don't think he could do it.

What I hadn't realised ('cos I am a bit slow like that) is that his trophy win at Salford was in the main down to Alexander, he only managed the team for the final. Its like suggesting that if we won the paint pot trophy in 20102 it was all down to John Bostock!

Indeed! So he's won the league 2 title with the huge caveat about the season being curtailed by Covid and us being awarded the league, and 'won' the Paint Pot Trophy again due to Covid causing last year's final to be delayed and being played when he happened to be in charge! More asterix's on his CV than a Herge writing pad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7529 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:28:41 »

You do make me laugh.

Girl Giggle thank you

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: