Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990273 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6900 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:32:14 »

As far as I am aware, this type of 'exit interview' is not a common occurrence. 

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6901 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:38:27 »

You can look at it both ways as he could have lost ten on the trot and the fans would want him out and deep down he probably knows we're in for a long season and that there's no money to spend in January
Same as pretty much every other Football League manager then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6902 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:39:51 »

As far as I am aware, this type of 'exit interview' is not a common occurrence. 
No it's not. So fair play to him for fronting up like this, especially on a fan-run thing rather than relying on more friendly local press where he might expect to get a bit more soft-pedalling. But it does suggest he feels a bit sheepish about the manner of his exit.
Flashheart

« Reply #6903 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:52:53 »

I've tried not to say much. If it's down to family and stuff then that's got to be more important than football, so best to try and be reasonable.

But if he's bottled because he couldn't get his own way then he can do one. Especially after all the preaching about loyalty and whatnot. If you're loyal then you stick with your team through thick and thin, not jump when things appear to be going wrong.

I hope Salford go down.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6904 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:57:11 »

I hope Salford go down.

Surely we all want that regardless of recent happenings?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6905 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 20:11:15 »

I think not going up will be the end for Wellens.

Self isolating me hairy arse!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6906 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:10:40 »

Vic Morgan was superb tonight - brilliant questioning.

I see the Cheltenham fan has admitted as much too, I loved the dig at the end  Cheesy

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6907 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:19:07 »

Vic Morgan was superb tonight - brilliant questioning.

I see the Cheltenham fan has admitted as much too, I loved the dig at the end  Cheesy

Good post I thought the same

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6908 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 21:34:16 »

the wanting to win every week said it all for me and pre-season I thought it would be very interesting to see how a manager desperate to get to the top would take a boring midtable season whilst the club tries to settle into league 1 life.

in his ambitions I'm sure he would want to be challenging this season but with covid, players available and reduced budget he very quickly realised that his profile would take hit.

Salford is obviously a short term step for him as a club with 2000 attendances will never ever ever make it up the leagues. get some press coverage, get them up this year. maybe give it a little go in league 1 then he will be off again

I don't fault his ambitions I fault his bullshit and his failure to admit he couldn't get this team performing and jumped

and there we have it! worried about his profile.

I can only perform when I get exactly what I want and if I dont I have no faith in my ability to make things work. would rather run away when the form drops
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6909 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 07:47:45 »

I mean if we were that shit and relegation was highly likely then Wellens would be sacked anyway?

I mean Kingy and Danny Wilson built awful teams that were atrocious. Both teams went down but neither Kingy or Wilson got the relegation on their CV.

I mean technically Paul Bodins managerial CV reads two games, one relegation
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6910 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 08:42:20 »

It was an excellent interview however the output was like pouring a bag of salt into an empty wound.
The Club continues to survive, it probably will continue to do so but how many knock backs can we endure?
Honestly listening to that was depressing however realistic. We are where we are.
First reactions on who and what to blame but we simply have to accept that until we have an owner with money and investment it may just be the way it is.
Wellens is a winner and gave us belief back. Last season was excellent and then in typical Swindon style we get fucked over by a Virus amongst other factors, the biggest issue was that the team was not kept together and that clearly got to Wellens as we couldn’t meet his ambitions.
No blame on Power he simply doesn’t have the funds.

Feel shit and let’s hope at least tomorrow we can win an FA Cup match.
Basket case of a football club but married to it for life.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6911 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 08:44:10 »

I mean if we were that shit and relegation was highly likely then Wellens would be sacked anyway?

I mean Kingy and Danny Wilson built awful teams that were atrocious. Both teams went down but neither Kingy or Wilson got the relegation on their CV.

I mean technically Paul Bodins managerial CV reads two games, one relegation

Indeed, and more often that not when you take over a top job it is because the team is struggling in the division. Would you hire Wellens to keep your team up in a relegation battle?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6912 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:08:10 »

Ha ha....so he thinks that the team that he built, with all players chosen by him, isn't good enough and will get relegated? That's some admission and should worry the Salford lot.

Seems that way doesn't it...

To put it in context he said he wanted another 3 or 4 experienced players in, the budget was smaller than last seasons and that the injuries have crippled the club

I am no expert but, don't sign loads of players who are historically quite injury prone then?

Erm, that would be in his hands though? Doesn't so much confidence in the squad he recruited or his ability to get the best out of them, does it? Or was it more nuanced than that?

Indeed, it basically admitting that he fucked up somewhat!

Bear him no ill really.  Think it's a funny decisions but we don't know whats going on behind it all.  Sometimes I guess you just feel something has come to an end and its the right time to go and the only person who really knows why it feels right is the person at the centre.

Whatever.  One day he'll come back as a manager, we'll boo him like he's the devil, then if we beat his team and he'll clap us and we'll go, ah he was all right really.

Still hate Man United class of 92 twats and the sky sport wankathon that it inspires.

This really, can understand parts of the decision but not others but then again I don't know the full ins and outs of what has been going on. The location and money bits are no brainers, the football side less clear.

Just reinforces the opinion I formed a month or so back when he was in full on whining mode every interview, that he was slowly morphing into Cooper whereby nothing was ever his fault and he was always the victim with his brilliance being held back by others.

Life goes on, with the media obsession at Salford he is going to be under the spotlight 1000x more than he was here and with Alexander they have shown they have trigger fingers even if the team is doing OK, albeit I am not sure how much being part of the Man Utd clique might help or in fact hinder him. 
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #6913 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:13:48 »

Indeed, and more often that not when you take over a top job it is because the team is struggling in the division. Would you hire Wellens to keep your team up in a relegation battle?

Yes I would. No brainier.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6914 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:15:11 »

I would not.
I think he got lucky with last seasons team all falling into place perfectly. Lightening in a bottle.
We shall see.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: