Pages: 1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990298 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6885 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:44:17 »

Didnt want another releagtion on his cv, blah blah blah.

Im listening whilst eating dinner, im sure someone will be more in depth!
Ha ha....so he thinks that the team that he built, with all players chosen by him, isn't good enough and will get relegated? That's some admission and should worry the Salford lot.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6886 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:44:30 »

Fair play to Wellens for doing that

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6887 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:46:14 »

Ha ha....so he thinks that the team that he built, with all players chosen by him, isn't good enough and will get relegated? That's some admission and should worry the Salford lot.

To put it in context he said he wanted another 3 or 4 experienced players in, the budget was smaller than last seasons and that the injuries have crippled the club

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6888 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:47:18 »

Fair play to Wellens for doing that

I couldn't agree more he was honest, open and said Power has done lots for the club and that they never fell out

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6889 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:47:56 »

Im sure someone will do a detailed summary. Some weird quotes in there
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6890 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:49:09 »

Im sure someone will do a detailed summary. Some weird quotes in there

I quite enjoyed it even if his dog was barking a lot 😁

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #6891 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:53:50 »

I thought it was all a bit “meh” tbh. Seemed to me that he didn’t get want he wanted (last season’s team) so jumped ship as didn’t want to struggle & it reflect on him. He did back Power & say he backed him as best as he could.

The family thing is an obvious thing to say which no doubt it was massive. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6892 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:56:43 »

I thought it was all a bit “meh” tbh. Seemed to me that he didn’t get want he wanted (last season’s team) so jumped ship as didn’t want to struggle & it reflect on him. He did back Power & say he backed him as best as he could.

The family thing is an obvious thing to say which no doubt it was massive. 

You can look at it both ways as he could have lost ten on the trot and the fans would want him out and deep down he probably knows we're in for a long season and that there's no money to spend in January

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #6893 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:59:07 »

To put it in context he said he wanted another 3 or 4 experienced players in, the budget was smaller than last seasons and that the injuries have crippled the club
Thanks,  but that doesn't make him any kind of a hero in my eyes, probably the same problems as many other managers are experiencing in the current situation.  Other managers stay and attempt to put right  the problems that arise not just plss off to another club and try to  justify it with the above excuses. I am grateful to him for what he's done for this club, but have the balls to tell the truth.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:01:11 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6894 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 18:59:25 »

I think he was pretty sincere, it's obviously annoying the circumstances under which he has left and he openly admitted that with things as they are Salford don't have to worry about finances as much as pretty much any other club.  All seems a bit like cheating, every other club has to cut it's teeth but this one doesn't so I'm going to go there as no other team can compete with us.

The vast majority of the comments coming through were very childish, some very desperate for it to be Power's fault and Power's fault alone, some taking every single comment out of context of the actual conversation as a stick to beat him with, some calling him a liar etc.

Kept referring to the club as 'us' and 'we' still, you can't do that by design when in full flow so he really does have an affinity to the club.  No doubt at all that Covid has done us over here, we have to be sensible and accept we had to lower the wage bill, with 10,000+ fans turning out from the start of a season, which I'm sure we would have achieved as long as results were good, and we have the money we need to get the players required in. 

Next... Sad

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6895 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:00:25 »

Bear him no ill really.  Think it's a funny decisions but we don't know whats going on behind it all.  Sometimes I guess you just feel something has come to an end and its the right time to go and the only person who really knows why it feels right is the person at the centre.

Whatever.  One day he'll come back as a manager, we'll boo him like he's the devil, then if we beat his team and he'll clap us and we'll go, ah he was all right really.

Still hate Man United class of 92 twats and the sky sport wankathon that it inspires.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6896 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:06:37 »

Still hate Man United class of 92 twats and the sky sport wankathon that it inspires.

Very much mirrors my thoughts Sax. Great players but a bunch of knob'eds. SkySports...say no more  Yes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6897 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:27:04 »

Didnt want another releagtion on his cv, blah blah blah.
Erm, that would be in his hands though? Doesn't so much confidence in the squad he recruited or his ability to get the best out of them, does it? Or was it more nuanced than that?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #6898 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:29:13 »

The comments in that live chat were enough to make me lose the will to live.

As for interview, all a bit meh really, fair play for doing it though. I still think people are massively underestimating the draw of living at home
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6899 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 19:30:07 »

From Andrew Hawes on twitter:

Maybe I'm too nice, maybe I'm not, but I saw that and felt RW decided there was too much of a risk of relegation on his CV once the window had closed. Dig in everyone.

At least he attempted to explain and did seem vaguely sheepish about it.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: