Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990655 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6795 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 13:19:44 »

290 online guests  Hmmm The Salford fanbase?

And 420 scum no doubt.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #6796 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:01:46 »

its past that for me. you dont preach loyalty then leave
It depends on changing circumstances since he ‘preached’. If there’s a genuine reason I can be sympathetic with, then fair enough.

However, I’d agree that it’s daft and risky to have a blinkered opinion and then act contrary to it a short time afterwards.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6797 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:26:48 »

I hear he has gone then, signed about 10 mins ago, ah well lets regroup and move on, give the job th Noel Hunt and consolidate.

All the speculation in the papers and tge betting odds were right then Pete as many didn't want to believe the rumours but I think the clues were there after transfer deadline day when he was angry then suddenly pulled out of the live phone in then had a headache the next day and didn't do the press interview.

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6798 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:30:00 »

Its been coming IMO.

lets see what happens.

My own expectation is to stay in this League and stay solvent...... anything over that in this shit season will be a bonus.

Clems Army!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6799 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:33:31 »

All the speculation in the papers and tge betting odds were right then Pete as many didn't want to believe the rumours but I think the clues were there after transfer deadline day when he was angry then suddenly pulled out of the live phone in then had a headache the next day and didn't do the press interview.

I thought it was apparent that he would be going

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6800 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:35:06 »

I thought it was apparent that he would be going

Some on here and on the Facebook group were in denial. Still showing as 1/10 on at the moment

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6801 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:39:59 »

Some on here and on the Facebook group were in denial. Still showing as 1/10 on at the moment

I imagine the dancing around regarding getting announcements synchronised is on-going now!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6802 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 14:46:01 »

Obviously League 1 is a level too high for him then. Sacked by Oldham in the relegation places and leaves us in a similarly precarious position. Obviously I’m largely being flippant but still isn’t a great reflection on him.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #6803 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:24:31 »

Obviously League 1 is a level too high for him then. Sacked by Oldham in the relegation places and leaves us in a similarly precarious position. Obviously I’m largely being flippant but still isn’t a great reflection on him.

Wellens is thinking longer term and realistically unless Swindon are taken over by a multi millionaire then it’s a fair assumption that he has more chance of taking Salford further then Swindon.

I think he may initially struggle until he gets a chance to bring in some of his own players. I wonder if he will take any Swindon players with him in the next transfer window.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6804 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:28:05 »

I imagine he has very little, if any, budget left to spend in January.

Remember him greeting about how we hadn’t even spent our allotted £2.5m.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6805 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:33:34 »

Wellens is thinking longer term and realistically unless Swindon are taken over by a multi millionaire then it’s a fair assumption that he has more chance of taking Salford further then Swindon.

I think he may initially struggle until he gets a chance to bring in some of his own players. I wonder if he will take any Swindon players with him in the next transfer window.
With the wage cap there’s no guarantee they’ll get promoted this season, or even next and in that case he’ll probably end up being sacked and on the managerial scrap heap. Could quite easily prove to be a shortsighted move that back fires on him. Irony is he spent last season moaning about the small crap grounds and looking forward to playing at Sunderland etc and now he’s crawled back there. Just proves the majority of what he’s said in the past is bollocks.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6806 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:50:04 »

What's the last manager who took us out of the basement doing these days?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6807 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:51:13 »

Joining Salford later this evening? Wink
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6808 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:51:23 »

Power couldn't afford him

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6809 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 15:54:32 »

We are on a downward spiral....and presently there is no sign of where it might bottom out, it's worth noting that of the 4 sides to beat us this season, they've all recently spent time in the Conference, so I don't think there's any reason why we're too good to end up there, if we can't compete with these sides.

I'm sure Grimsby fans, who historically are a much bigger club than us, must scratch their heads, or more likely arses being norvern , and wonder what combination of poor board room decisions and managerial incompetence led them to their present status in the lower reaches of the Conference.  
Welcome back Reg.

Not many posts in recent times and I know you love a bad run  of form.

Ribbing aside, I'd been a tad concerned for you.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 453 [454] 455 456 457 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: