Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990741 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6675 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:10:26 »

The speculation will probably only stop when they appoint someone and it isn't Wellens!

Someone must be feeding Nixon with snippets of information

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6676 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:11:09 »

Someone must be feeding Nixon with snippets of information

Could be feeding him bullshit too tbh. Works both ways  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6677 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:13:32 »

Get Paul Cook in and be done with it
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6678 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:14:38 »

Get Paul Cook in and be done with it

I can't see him dropping to that level and currently 22/1

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #6679 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:18:10 »

What the current Covid situation changes is that clubs are now competing mostly on the funding from the owners rather than gate money plus owners funding.

It sways it in favour of the clubs like Salford or FGR where the gate money is not that significant but the owners are prepared to put in £5 or £6M most seasons. Power can't compete especially once the season ticket money is used up.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6680 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:30:47 »

There is one consideration. Possibly RW and LP have had to have difficult discussions, about the future of STFC, whereby LP has stated;

"the clabb can only savvife forwa navva free munfs Robbie! If n offa cams in, I'll ave to take it."

Maybe this is a closer reality and RW may not want to go but has to due to circumstances. If this came out to be the truth then in some ways, instead of some of us (myself included) thinking he is being a naughty boy, he might just go down as the Messiah; the man who sacrificed himself to save the club.

There are plenty of angles to view. This wouldn't be as absurd as it seems.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6681 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:32:38 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8906485/Salford-Citys-Class-92-owners-want-Swindon-boss-Wellens-manager-League-Two-club.html

It's gathering momentum
« Last Edit: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:40:17 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6682 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:40:16 »

There is absolute zero quotes or sources quoted in that "article". Plus it is the DMO.

Nowhere in that article is there a quote that says anything that the headline says. There is not even one quote. They've pulled this story from Nixon's Tweets.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6683 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:42:51 »

There is absolute zero quotes or sources quoted in that "article". Plus it is the DMO.

Nowhere in that article is there a quote that says anything that the headline says. There is not even one quote. They've pulled this story from Nixon's Tweets.

Maybe so but it's not going away

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6684 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:50:07 »

Maybe so but it's not going away

Sure but I can say Jamie Sendles-White is signing for Barca every single day. It won't go away but with zero sources or quotes it would be worthless. Articles like that are just an irritant.

As one of the comments on the article state "had these been any other L2 club (Salford) then..." there would be no article.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6685 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:55:26 »

Sure but I can say Jamie Sendles-White is signing for Barca every single day. It won't go away but with zero sources or quotes it would be worthless. Articles like that are just an irritant.

As one of the comments on the article state "had these been any other L2 club (Salford) then..." there would be no article.

Because it's Salford and the interest they generate it has made the news and with the bookies making him odds on there has to be something in the story

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6686 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 21:27:42 »

My money on the Nixon source would be Paul Jewell. Transfer intel is too accurate for us. Either him or an agent that the club uses...

As for Wellens - he’s be a hypocrite to go and, unless there are significant facts here that none of us know about, he’d go seriously down in my estimations too. Woolery Mk II and Wellens laid into him. But if he does he’ll blather on about the “project” and how the class of 92 are “football people”.  Do a good job with us and there is a Championship job around the corner. Do a good job at Salford and you may just get a League One job....
« Last Edit: Monday, November 2, 2020, 21:29:42 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6687 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 21:49:54 »

Richie Wellens leaving for Salford City is the 2+2=? link that many feared long before Graham Alexander was sacked.

You can't scoff at the fact that Swindon are, as of right now, in a position where we could easily lose a manager or players to less historic clubs like Salford. Not so long ago we lost a manager to the lure of the convenience that joining Mansfield Town would bring him...

Dropping back down to League 2 would be a risk but, in terms of football, isn't every move a risk? Frigby's point is fair about success at Swindon possibly resulting in higher level attention but you can maintain that ambition by taking over a League 2 side with Salford level backing.

As an outsider looking in with the basic surface level knowledge we know then I would at least want a private 'chat' with Salford if the interest was genuine. The idea of no longer living away from home and perhaps a better financial package would be enough to sway most.

The accusations of hypocrisy and lack of loyalty are part of the game and I'm sure RW would focus on the fact that Town were 16th in L2 when he arrived (18th is you count the Carlisle game) whether it answers the question or not!

Potentially interesting times ahead but, as it stands, it's just two tweets.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6688 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 21:59:29 »

The thing is, if my reading of footballer “insider” stuff is correct, a club doesn’t make an official approach unless it knows the manager wants to go. So the likelihood is, he’s up for the Salford job. Good luck Noel Hunt.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6689 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 22:07:14 »

Just been reading some comments on an Evening Advertiser article. Leaving aside the fact that Geoff de Ref seems to play an active role, I see that there are similar comments around which club is perceived to be 'bigger' than the other.  I am not sure why that 'trumps' the other factors that can probably be quantified objectively but there we are.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: