Pages: 1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990417 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6660 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:35:37 »

I am assuming (I am not in the know). Regretfully, in this post covid world, I think that job ticks a number of boxes, even if they are not footballing ones.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6661 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:36:30 »

That cannot be right, considering how crap he did at Tranmere

If you go with the Swindon Town Facebook rumour he's a cheap option

So, give no fucks
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #6662 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:36:54 »

Well he criticised Woolery for taking a backward career step going to Tranmere.
For Wellens to go to Salford that would be very hypocritical.
Clearly would factor in closer to home etc but Salford ffs a plastic engineered football club.

I bet if you asked most lower league managers who they would prefer to manage currently between Swindon and Salford then Salford would come out on top all day long.

Salford will always be the more attractive proposition at the moment due to their money and better chances of becoming a championship club.

Things will change once they lose their funding from Neville and co.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6663 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:40:34 »

Could be worse. Could be the yellow filth languishing at the bottom with that scouse twat in charge.

How long ago was it - couple of weeks - that Wellens said he’s going mad with football with no fans? He’ll love it at Salford, then.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6664 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:45:31 »

Fuck me how low have we sunk? Was not to far back in our past when our up and coming managers were poached by massive clubs (compared to what we were at the time) and you couldn’t begrudge them going. Salford, fucking Salford I ask you.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6665 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:48:03 »

I bet if you asked most lower league managers who they would prefer to manage currently between Swindon and Salford then Salford would come out on top all day long.

Salford will always be the more attractive proposition at the moment due to their money and better chances of becoming a championship club.

Things will change once they lose their funding from Neville and co.

A nothing football club sandwiched between 2 football giants.
Crowds are non league standard. Even Oldham and Dale at least have some history.
Wellens could and should be aiming higher than Salford.
Clearly money and moving close to home with the Covid restrictions could be tempting though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6666 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:50:31 »

If he did go to Salford, he'd go down in my estimation.  But that said, I don't think he would.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6667 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 18:53:24 »

if Gary Neville wanted to give some money away he could have at least saved his home town club Bury

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6668 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:03:06 »

I still think the Ginger Scrapper is enjoying his interim spell. If he keeps on picking up results he may want the job himself. I do like Scholes and he's better involved with a club (managing or coaching) than being wasted as a pundit somewhere.

Agree with Ardiles that it would be a strange thing for RW to do. A lot of this is growing speculation though. We don't know the full picture but as usual in football, if he were to go he goes. My heart isn't really in the sport atm. There are much bigger issues going on.

I just wish Wellens would stop being a whining bitch and be as straight as he has been in the past. His extended period of media shirks (some may not be his problem) have been against the grain by his standards - it is all too "convenient" to say it is purely Covid related. You can still do a phone in etc.

It'll all come out in the Salford Gazette chip paper.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6669 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:20:18 »

If I were Wellens and offered a long contract, the same money or more, a massive budget (which I assume Salford have) and be able to work close to home, I think I would take it.

If he does go, then we will get over it. We lost Macari, Hoddle, Ardiles, PDC and plenty more. The club is still there.

This year is going to be tough no matter what - with or without Wellens.

If we do lose him, lets hope he wasn't the brains behind everything. Lets hope he doesn't take his management team with him and that a combination of Jewell, Hunt and Wright can take us forward.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6670 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:24:30 »

Jewell and Wright were only here because of Wellens.

Hunt was bought in by Power
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6671 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:41:32 »

If he did go to Salford, he'd go down in my estimation.  But that said, I don't think he would.

I don't think he will either. He may be sorely tempted, but think he'll stay here as he seems to be a man of his word.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6672 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:46:38 »

I don't think he will either. He may be sorely tempted, but think he'll stay here as he seems to be a man of his word.

Surely if he wasn't interested he would just tell his agent and the speculation would stop

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6673 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:57:45 »

Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #6674 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 20:04:49 »

Surely if he wasn't interested he would just tell his agent and the speculation would stop
The speculation will probably only stop when they appoint someone and it isn't Wellens!
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: