Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990327 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6510 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 13:45:50 »

No it’s a small betting market. Odds change with only a couple of bets.

I didn't know that

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6511 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:10:07 »

Someone must be in the know as there were a lot of bets placed on him getting the Swindon job when he was hardly heard of
Persons who may have been connected with this forum once managed to get Sheena Easton on the bookies' shortlist for the manager's job, albeit briefly, with a few comparatively small bets.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6512 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:13:25 »

Persons who may have been connected with this forum once managed to get Sheena Easton on the bookies' shortlist for the manager's job, albeit briefly, with a few comparatively small bets.

Sounds like an April fool Clap

So, give no fucks
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6513 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 18:59:31 »

Sounds like an April fool Clap
I think it was a tef high point
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6514 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 19:01:29 »

I think it was a tef high point

😁😁😁

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #6515 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 19:24:47 »

No it’s a small betting market. Odds change with only a couple of bets.
If the bookies stop taking bets on Wellens that's when we should be worried
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6516 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 19:32:21 »

If the bookies stop taking bets on Wellens that's when we should be worried

That would mean they are in the know Pint

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6517 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:02:50 »

Also in one of his recent interviews he mentioned that he didn't come to Swindon to be near the bottom of the league which could have been a hint/dig st Power

If only he had the ability to do something about that!  Hmmm

FWIW he keeps suggesting that the budget is not allowing him to get the players he wants, I don't recall us missing out on that many, he is beginning to sound like a strange Di Canio/Ferguson hybrid, without the track record to really back it up!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6518 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:08:15 »

That would mean they are in the know Pint

Or that a betting pattern suggests somebody else is
Panda Paws

« Reply #6519 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:09:22 »

But that quote is without context. Listen to the TOTT interview from last week. He says he didn't come here to not compete, but that right now, it's more important we have a club come the end of the season, and that Power has done everything he can.

Far from a dig at Power.

I wish people would actually listen to the interviews before commenting. The last two interviews have been brilliant. Honest, direct, emotional. He sounds frustrated, of course, but also positive.

The narrative with RW seems to have shifted a little in recent weeks because he's had a moan about the transfer window and becuase he's been linked to the Salford job (by no one but our own fans).
Flashheart

« Reply #6520 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:14:59 »

What PP said.

He's actually been commending Power over the last couple of interviews for funding the club while there's no income.

I know Wellens has been whiny lately, but this was not a dig.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6521 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:15:36 »

The Salford job may be more money for him, both in his back pocket and to spend on players, but if he failed to get them up he would be out on his arse again. You only need to look at the Graham Alexander sacking to see that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6522 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:27:46 »

The Salford job may be more money for him, both in his back pocket and to spend on players, but if he failed to get them up he would be out on his arse again. You only need to look at the Graham Alexander sacking to see that.

Not sure where this idea that Salford are pissing money around all over the place on players comes from, they have paid a few players big money before which seems to have achieved bugger all, looking at their present squad it appears little different to ours in terms of misfits, last chance saloons and those with decent lower league careers!
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6523 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 10:52:22 »

The way I read this is that RW is very frustrated with the way the whole football world is working at present. He has said before that clubs at this level need National League clubs to take players to free up wages. That’s not happening so we can’t move anyone on. It’s not due to lack of trying, it’s the way it is. As a result, we can’t get players in.

He knows who and what he wants, it’s just out of his reach.

Having family so far away in this world can’t be easy, would any of us like it?  I think not!

The priority is having a club next year. He knows this as well as the rest of us. To be fair, he’s changed his tac, he’s gone from questioning budget to saying that money was available if the players came along, hence the new Broadbent number, to looking at what is available, considering who is coming back and working with that.

Frustrated-yes. A realist -yes. Pissed off with Refs-yes.  Pissed off with stupid questions-yes. But he’s stickitit out with the rest of us.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6524 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:11:30 »

But that quote is without context. Listen to the TOTT interview from last week. He says he didn't come here to not compete, but that right now, it's more important we have a club come the end of the season, and that Power has done everything he can.

Far from a dig at Power.

I wish people would actually listen to the interviews before commenting. The last two interviews have been brilliant. Honest, direct, emotional. He sounds frustrated, of course, but also positive.

The narrative with RW seems to have shifted a little in recent weeks because he's had a moan about the transfer window and becuase he's been linked to the Salford job (by no one but our own fans).

I've listed to the whole interview and agree that it's very good and that he touches on many aspects and he certainly dosen't have a dig at Power if anything he's praising him for using his own money. However there could be slight hints that he's  not happy I.e we didn't get any players in, the budget is one of the lowest and that he hasn't come to Swindon to be near the bottom of the league. On top of that he has the stress of being away from his family for long periods and there's a job right on his doorstep with wealthy owners and the betting odds are getting shorter by the day

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: