Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990216 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3675 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:22:22 »

None whatsoever....as I said t'other day, would fit the bill as Luke's replacement. Luke shouldn't be sacked on the back of tonight, but I feel defeat to Bolton should be the end.

No chance he's going anywhere any time soon. Ask again if we are bottom at Christmas.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3676 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 12:56:49 »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22g4t4_bottom-season-2-episode-5-holy_shortfilms
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #3677 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 15:47:39 »

Not every manager likes having his hands tied with a Director of Football, which in essence Power is, it would have to be somebody comfortable with that format.

KMac didn't want to work with the model and skedaddled sharpish once he realised what was expected of him. Cooper wasn't really in a position to object having royally arsed up his one and only previous shot at League management, and having been working for free in the non leagues months before.

Ditto Ling, though experienced, needed someone to take a chance on him after his illness, so agreed to the model. Williams is a coach and a key part of the model.

I can't see an experienced head taking us on if Williams is axed.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 17:29:01 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3678 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 16:00:03 »

Therein lies the truth of our last 3 'managers'. Much the same as the vast majority of incoming players - all desperate just to be given a chance.

It's a fine theory - hungry employees wanting a chance to impress with a promise of riches elsewhere if it comes to pass.

The club is just the facilitator, hopefully benefitting along with the employees as they improve. One or two will work out that way - the majority will fail.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3679 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 17:32:39 »

KMac didn't want to work with the model and skedaddled sharpish once he realised what was expected of him.

Was a reason ever given for KMacs departure?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3680 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 18:03:12 »

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3681 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 18:29:59 »

His chin has a little sad mouth

2 mouths and still couldn't tell the truth

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3682 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 21:03:32 »

Only reason I ever saw alluded to was stress.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3683 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 21:11:13 »

His chin has a little sad mouth

2 mouths and still couldn't tell the truth
Clap Clap

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #3684 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 10:36:19 »

On one of the phone ins Power said words to effect of 'He'd decided it wasn't for him'.

Which I translated as 'Jed sold him a steaming crock of shit, Power took over, told him how his model would work, and that was that'

Think, and this is just a rumour, that  KMac may have identified a player from Villa he wanted to bring in, and Power overruled him and signed Grant Hall instead and that was that.
Flashheart

« Reply #3685 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 10:44:11 »

Or maybe KMac just decided the management in general was not for him? It would not be surprising considering the stick he was getting from our more idiotic section of fans. He doesn't appear to have gone for management jobs elsewhere either.

I've never been convinced that Power is as overbearing on decision making as many claim. I've no doubt he does have some say, but then he is the owner. I don't think it's anything like people make out. Cooper has been quick to have a dig where possible and not mentioned anything about it. Lingy spoke about it and said it was pretty much the same set-up as he found everywhere else.

That's just bullshit where I'm concerned, until convinced otherwise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3686 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 10:56:05 »

My thoughts on that were Williams dictates style of play, and Power backs this 100%. This includes the time Cooper was here.

I give it some credence because of a comment Power made about Cooper 'well, he wanted more time on the training ground' when he was hacked off at our lowly league position last year shortly before the tin tack. I assumed Power gave cooper enough rope ... Then after Power talked about getting back to 'the Swindon way.'.

2+2 probably equals five.
----------
in any case, it doesn't much matter I suppose. We'll have to wait for the autobiography to be sure Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3687 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 11:03:57 »

My thoughts on that were Williams dictates style of play, and Power backs this 100%. This includes the time Cooper was here.

I give it some credence because of a comment Power made about Cooper 'well, he wanted more time on the training ground' when he was hacked off at our lowly league position last year shortly before the tin tack. I assumed Power gave cooper enough rope ... Then after Power talked about getting back to 'the Swindon way.'.

----------
in any case, it doesn't much matter I suppose. We'll have to wait for the autobiography to be sure Smiley

Whose autobiography,
Powers (Asset Stripping Worthless Assets for Beginners)
Coopers (When it went well it was me and entirely me, when it didn't I had nothing to do with it)
or Williams (Football is not a results game a long as it looks nice - what do you mean games aren't decided on the pass count?)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3688 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 11:42:46 »

----------

I think that Power dictates we play the 'pretty football' as he believes it gets us decent loans and Williams is happy with style and coaches that way

Power picks most players and will look at any the head coach also recommends

I cant see any new head coach wanting to come in and have the previous man in charge still there on the training ground, surely it would undermine him, so the options are either Williams resigns (Power wont sack him on a 5 year deal) citing it is just not right for him to be in charge or Power bring in an experienced 'manager' short term as DoF to work alongside Williams and offer advice etc
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #3689 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 11:43:31 »

Or maybe KMac just decided the management in general was not for him? It would not be surprising considering the stick he was getting from our more idiotic section of fans. He doesn't appear to have gone for management jobs elsewhere either.

I've never been convinced that Power is as overbearing on decision making as many claim.

No, but he does have a specific model of recruitment, I'm not necessarily criticising it, but I suspect it was very different to what Jed sold KMac on.

As an alternative history, I wonder what would have happened if Jed had appointed Ian Wright instead..

« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 11:45:58 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: