Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990794 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3645 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 13:05:47 »

The way that Guidolin has been treated stinks, they have essentially been running a beauty contest to replace him for weeks including interviewing people whilst he was still in post. Do the fans still have an interest in the club, I know the chairman hasn't changed.

I have no idea why Giggs keeps being touted for jobs, zero experience or track record its like Shearer all over again!
Reading on the Swans forum they didn't want Giggs partly due to his being born in Cardiff!!! of all things.

It has been pathetic how they treated Guidolin and many Swans fans liked him and thought he just needed more time.

I have not heard of Bradley TBH.

And I agree about Giggs, why is he being linked to all these high profile jobs? zero experience but seems highly regarded...not sure exactly why though? you don't get experience being an assistant manager.

By the way Giigs being lined up by Villa now!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-next-manager-man-11971280

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #3646 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 13:44:51 »

Do the fans still have an interest in the club, I know the chairman hasn't changed.

Yes, but they were apparently not happy how they were sidelined during negotiations.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 13:48:54 »

And I agree about Giggs, why is he being linked to all these high profile jobs? zero experience but seems highly regarded...not sure exactly why though? you don't get experience being an assistant manager.

By the way Giigs being lined up by Villa now!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-next-manager-man-11971280

I don't get the Giggs love-in either. I admired Paul Ince for going to Macclesfield and keeping them up on a shoestring in his first job.

After the debarcle at Blackburn, which you could partially levy at the chicken owners, he hasn't had a look in at another job.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 13:53:04 »

The most decorated footballer in Europe and spent his entire career working under Alex Ferguson.

If there's ever a player who knows a thing or two about football and can make it management then surely it's him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3649 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 14:23:22 »

The most decorated footballer in Europe and spent his entire career working under Alex Ferguson.

If there's ever a player who knows a thing or two about football and can make it management then surely it's him.

Cannot be bothered to look, but is he really more decorated that say Xavi or Iniesta for instance?

Its the age old thing though isn't it, being a good player doesn't necessarily make you a good manager and playing under a good manager likewise. He cannot be that great a prospect if Man Utd seemed very loathe to promote him?

If nothing else I bet the Swansea players are glad he isn't going there, after all their wives!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 14:28:10 »

My point was (whether he will be a great manager or not) out of any player looking to get into management he, on paper and experience, has the best credentials.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 15:06:13 »

Credentials could be seen to also include coaching experience, qualifications, time coaching abroad to learn new ideas/styles or perhaps taking charge of the youths. Giggs doesn't really have any of that - just that one season as an assistant.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 15:49:29 »

Sadly it doesn't quite work like that.....you could argue that the 4 hottest managers in European football atm are all Argentinian....namely Diego Simeone, Mauricio Pochetino, Jorge Sampaoli and possibly Eduardo Berizzo. Poch is probably the one who's had a fairly easy career, although he was sacked by Espanyol whan they were bottom of La Liga.  The others are all scrappers and a bit mad.....Berizzo not caring much for French footballers  Wink

Being a bit bonkers definitely helps....Ferguson didn't get where he did by being a pleasant individual, and I'm sure working your way out of Govan in the 50's/60's has parallels to River Plate v Boca.

PdC had that quality.....you can rest assured that Luke Willaims wouldn't have won Div 4 with us in his first season, neither would Ryan Giggs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 16:35:37 »

My point was (whether he will be a great manager or not) out of any player looking to get into management he, on paper and experience, has the best credentials.
No he doesn't. He has had the best playing career. That doesn't directly translate into the credentials and qualities required to make a good manager. Swindon fans of all people should know that.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 16:52:45 »

OK, OK, credentials wasn't the right word in this instance, was just making the point that if any player going into management, he has the background and football experience to potentially be a good manager.

We've had our fair share of decent "wet behind the ears" managers too though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 16:55:07 »

OK, OK, credentials wasn't the right word in this instance, was just making the point that if any player going into management, he has the background and football experience to potentially be a good manager.

We've had our fair share of decent "wet behind the ears" managers too though.

Good point, however for instance we also sadly had John Trollope.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 17:37:09 »

Like Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Ole Solskjaer (at Cardiff)Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 19:47:32 »

I saw Shearer at the weekend saying that we need to keep the big names in our game, when talking about who the potential future candidates for England manager are.

The odd thing is, that most of the top managers in our game in recent years weren't actually very good as players. Ferguson, Wenger & Mourinho hardly had stellar careers as players
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 19:49:31 »

Are you trying to big up ol' Lukey boy?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3659 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 20:40:20 »

No he doesn't. He has had the best playing career. That doesn't directly translate into the credentials and qualities required to make a good manager. Swindon fans of all people should know that.
I would argue our best managers have been exactly what he has said about Giggs
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: