Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990200 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 16:57:38 »

.. So what's your complaint?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:00:39 »

Isn't that largely based on what Peterboro fans said he did there though? Maybe it's not his preferred style, just a case of doing what was best suited to the players he had available to him at the time
He was definitely long ball at Kettering as well as remember watching them a lot on Setanta when they had the non league TV rights.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:10:03 »

Mark Cooper was in the right place at the right time with Swindon. He got a couple of seasons out of it and did enough to get another FL job.

He should have left last summer be it due to Wednesday "interest" or not getting along with Williams (because that was a battle he was never going to win).

I wish Cooper well, just not against Swindon.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:14:10 by Costanza » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:16:30 »

Harsh, Cooper wanted to change the tactics, Power and Williams had all the say during his manager term.

Fuck him....I want to see how he handles the fans up there, they've had enough shit already.

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #3349 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:20:20 »

Harsh, Cooper wanted to change the tactics, Power and Williams had all the say during his manager term.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 19:55:57 »

Nothing too surprising came from the press conference...

"After that experience I wanted to be able to go somewhere I could either take some staff of my own that I trusted, or people I knew at the club.

"I had a difficult experience at Swindon with staff. I knew Richard Dryden here so I didn't see that as an issue.

(For those who haven't looked)
Flashheart

« Reply #3351 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 19:59:32 »

The STFC staff might say they had a difficult time with Mark Cooper.

But ho-hum, what happened happened regardless of who was to blame.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 20:12:46 »

Nothing too surprising came from the press conference...

(For those who haven't looked)

Richard Dryden  Smiley

He turned out for us in the 2000/2001 season....on loan from Soton, fucking terrible.....amazingly we managed to win a couple of the 8 league games he played, losyt the other 6 mind and didn't keep a clean sheet
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 20:23:08 »

Richard Dryden  Smiley

He turned out for us in the 2000/2001 season....on loan from Soton, fucking terrible.....amazingly we managed to win a couple of the 8 league games he played, losyt the other 6 mind and didn't keep a clean sheet

Yep. Sadly I remember it well.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 20:26:28 »

Dryden was bloody awful about 3 stone overweight. Remember going to Northampton that season - he could hardly move and makes Ruddock look like Twiggy!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 21:00:00 »

Yep. Sadly I remember it well.

Reading about Dryden on Wiki, he seemed to follow Terry Cooper around....and then was at Tamworth about the time Mark was there, so that's where the connection is. Dryden was still playing non league until his late 30's, and had a steady league career, so seems to have made the most of his limited talent.
Chrystovski

« Reply #3356 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 12:26:22 »

Good luck to Cooper, I hope he does well for them.

Always came across well during his time here. Must of been difficult acting as Power's puppet but he did a good job under the circumstances.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 13:29:58 »

Good luck to Cooper, I hope he does well for them.

Always came across well during his time here. Must of been difficult acting as Power's puppet but he did a good job under the circumstances.

This.

I don't understand why some people are so obsessive in their dislike of him - God only knows what they think of some of his predecessors. Things were pretty good for a couple of years. They tailed off eventually when we had a few injuries. We all moved on and everyone is better for his time here.

Getting a bit prickly in interviews might seem counterproductive, but it's hardly a reason to remember the guy in such a negative light. Good luck to him.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 13:44:42 »

Some people act like managers should be like their girlfriends or something. I'm not saying you'd want someone as heinous as Evans, but as to the finer points of Coops' personality I couldn't give a fuck (although his favourite cheese was definitely worrying.) I mean it's not like we have to work with them. I also think he got better with the media as his tenure went on, FWIW.

He might as well have come out and said "Luke Williams is a prick" in that statement though Cheesy

also
Isn't that largely based on what Peterboro fans said he did there though? Maybe it's not his preferred style, just a case of doing what was best suited to the players he had available to him at the time

Yes. My friend played under him at Tamworth (:gay:) where they had a decent cup run and said they used to have training sessions where the ball was banned from leaving the floor. He was totally unsurprised when I told him our style of play.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 16:45:55 »

Richard Dryden  Smiley

Yes and I remember he subsequently came back to the County Ground playing for Luton I think .. and we made him look like a world-beater by aimlessly launching long punts straight at his head despite knowing full well he was slow with the turning circle of an HGV...
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: