Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990271 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3210 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 20:54:10 »

The reaction, which I assume would be a meltdown, if we appointed him would be quite assuming.

I'd probably take him if I'm being honest, pretty reasonable career as a manager.  Anyway would never happen, not the type Power is after.
You're joking surely. Watch his interviews - he's always on the edge. Brizzle haven't been able to sign any players this year - there's a reason and it's not just because they're shite. It'll be intersting to see who their new manager is and if he can get any players to sign.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3211 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 20:58:22 »

Cotterill definitely has a reputation of being batshit crazy within football circles.

He gave them two trophies, on a budget that demanded success, something his predecessors couldn't do

Imagine if he rocked up here? Pahahahaha
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3212 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 20:58:34 »

I thought he was doing a great job, they are punching above their weight after all..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3213 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:00:34 »

Cotterill definitely has a reputation of being batshit crazy within football circles.

He gave them two trophies, on a budget that demanded success, something his predecessors couldn't do

Imagine if he rocked up here? Pahahahaha
He'd be shite because he'd have no money to spend......
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3214 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:03:58 »

You're joking surely. Watch his interviews - he's always on the edge. Brizzle haven't been able to sign any players this year - there's a reason and it's not just because they're shite. It'll be intersting to see who their new manager is and if he can get any players to sign.

Don't get me me wrong he is a right bellend I'm just saying there are a lot worse managers around who keep getting job after job. Like I said wont happen as not exactly what Power is looking for.

He won't have too many problems getting another gig though
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3215 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:04:10 »

It was probably the referee's fault ...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3216 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:08:28 »

Apart from that striker whose bagged quite a few?
That French striker who had probably never heard of him and can hardly speak English.....

As I said, it'll be intersting to see if they manage to sign players when they have a new manager.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #3217 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:11:35 »

That French striker who had probably never heard of him and can hardly speak English.....

As I said, it'll be intersting to see if they manage to sign players when they have a new manager.

Had deleted that bit as thought you meant signed this actual calendar year.

Jus incase that confuses anyone reading back now!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3218 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:18:02 »

Cotterill is a prize idiot though. Pre-season he was talking about promotion if they got to a good start rather than setting expectations realistically especially with City fans illusions of grandeur. Then he goes chasing marquee signings like Dwight Gayle.

Look how Preston gave quietly gone about their business and are 13 points clear of City. The only thing in City's favour is Charlton and Bolton are basket cases of clubs and Franchise are struggling.
Abrahammer

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3219 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:21:37 »

Look how Preston gave quietly gone about their business and are 13 points clear of City. The only thing in City's favour is Charlton and Bolton are basket cases of clubs and Franchise are struggling.

Talking of which, Charlton reappointed Jose Riga today after sacking him the season before last!

They are a fucking mess with a foreign owner is totally ruining what was once a decent well run likeable club
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3220 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:25:39 »

I remember a while ago reading something about Cotterill on a Nottm Forest fan forum which made me chuckle:

"Say what you like about Cotterill, he's a fascinating character - albeit one not prone to managing football clubs at all well. I again refer all readers to Dave Kitson's second Secret Footballer' book which is half about his time at Pompey and Cotterill sticks out like a sore thumb from the anonymised tales. When you know a character can only be one person, that's a unique individual and one to be entertained by for many years to come.

It's not his stupidity or unpopularity, his delusions nor his hyperbole that really grab me, though - it's that very subtle hint of darkness at the core of him, as if one day we're all going to be very, very sorry indeed. It's there, if you look for it. The same sort of boiling, fetid, chaotic blackness that only those unknowlingly claimed by forces beyond the realms of sanity and matter might have. I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stared into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a cunt". Over and over and over."

Cheesy Got him to a tee....
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3221 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:28:37 »

But it wasn't his fault.

Don't do it Lee.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3222 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:37:05 »

Would loved Cotterill to have stayed on at City for the way he ignited mass public idiocy amongst our non-rival slavetrader fans

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3223 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:03:44 »

Would loved Cotterill to have stayed on at City for the way he ignited mass public idiocy amongst our non-rival slavetrader fans
There is something unique about a wound up Bristolian getting all aggro in a male Vicky Pollard way 'Ere Cotts, you gotta go, you're shit Buddy'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3224 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:05:57 »

Where's the tansmedia 'Holloway spotted at Ashton gate " tweets then?
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: