Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990195 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2865 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:11:05 »

And this is one hell of an appointment as a replacement:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/derby-county-appoint-paul-clement-head-coach

That's a real coup for Derby
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2866 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:21:59 »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/derby-county-appoint-paul-clement-head-coach

Only ever been an (admittedly excellent) no.2 or coach, could be another Gorman (John not Teresa).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2867 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:56:14 »

Only ever been an (admittedly excellent) no.2 or coach, could be another Gorman (John not Teresa).
Well, yes if he could be guaranteed to be as good as some seem to think he will be, he wouldn't be starting out at Derby. But there's no guarantees in life so there he is, still say that's one hell of an appointment
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2868 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:59:09 »

Untested as a manager but no doubts about his credentials for coaching, the two don't always go together though.

We will certainly see soon enough, he comes highly respected in the game, QPR were hoping to sign him when Ramsey took over.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2869 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 14:20:35 »

That was the owners "out of this world" manager as quoted a few months ago then

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2870 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 16:45:28 »

Untested as a manager but no doubts about his credentials for coaching, the two don't always go together though.

We will certainly see soon enough, he comes highly respected in the game, QPR were hoping to sign him when Ramsey took over.
Quite - Kevin MacDonald had excellent coaching credentials and was (and still is I imagine) highly respected in the Game. Remind me again how that turned out  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2871 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 17:33:53 »

Quite - Kevin MacDonald had excellent coaching credentials and was (and still is I imagine) highly respected in the Game. Remind me again how that turned out  Hmmm
It didn't really "turn out" one way or the other as he wasn't here long enough to make a judgement was he?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2872 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 18:01:21 »

It didn't really "turn out" one way or the other as he wasn't here long enough to make a judgement was he?
Well it did really. It 'turned out' that whilst he was a well respected coach with excellent credentials, he wasn't cut out for the pressures of management.*

*He didn't tell me that in person but I think it's a not unreasonable assumption.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2873 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 18:11:34 »

Did we ever find out the real explanation or is just accepted that that he just didn't really enjoy the managerial role?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2874 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 18:25:39 »

Cooper told us at the dinner that he just didnt want to be a manager.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2875 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 21:00:20 »

Cooper told us at the dinner that he just didnt want to be a manager.

Seemed to just disappear though, didn't he? Seemed (at the time) as though there was more to it..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2876 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 22:31:59 »

Well it did really. It 'turned out' that whilst he was a well respected coach with excellent credentials, he wasn't cut out for the pressures of management.*

*He didn't tell me that in person but I think it's a not unreasonable assumption.
OK, fair enough. Thought you were referring to whether he was any cop as a manager, not whether he could cope with it. Although I appreciate being able to cope with it is fairly essential
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2877 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 09:23:35 »

Cooper took his head off.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2878 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 09:27:26 »

Seemed to just disappear though, didn't he? Seemed (at the time) as though there was more to it..

As Tans said MC said he just didnt enjoy the pressure, and decided it wasnt for him. I'm sure lots of people have upped sticks and left a job they hated, shortly after they've started. I have.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2879 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 11:19:54 »

As Tans said MC said he just didnt enjoy the pressure, and decided it wasnt for him. I'm sure lots of people have upped sticks and left a job they hated, shortly after they've started. I have.

Yep. That's the version I heard.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: