Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990292 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2295 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:47:49 »

Michael Appleton blows the ability theory out of the water
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2296 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:49:08 »

Well FIFA, the FA and the PFA, among others, did still appear to think this was a live issue in 2013 for example:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/24702729

I was just surprised that a few on here seemed to think that this:
Its not an issue of race or hostility to black managers....its an issue of ability.
is a fair summary of the current situation.

And I'm not sure what a "full-blown race issue" is. Racism is as much about the grubby attitudes that people like Brendan Rodgers would rather keep among their mates as it is about shouting "Niggers out" on a demo. Worse probably, because it's harder to unearth and challenge (except when someone leaks your emails).

Cue The Specials:

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #2297 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:54:23 »

I was just surprised that a few on here seemed to think that this:
Its not an issue of race or hostility to black managers....its an issue of ability.
is a fair summary of the current situation.

You bring this up again, but you still haven't suggested which black managers you think are up to the job. I mentioned 3 earlier (2 of which are employed and another soon to be employed), can you suggest any more?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2298 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:59:18 »

I was just surprised that a few on here seemed to think that this:is a fair summary of the current situation.

You bring this up again, but you still haven't suggested which black managers you think are up to the job. I mentioned 3 earlier (2 of which are employed and another soon to be employed), can you suggest any more?

Sorry Flashheart, I thought I'd already made it clear that the problem appears to start much further up the line, in the small number of black players that go into coaching, and the number of black players that state that race has been an obstacle to their progress. You seem to think I'm making all this stuff up, but you might want to start by googling "racism in English football" if you really believe this is all a black conspiracy. There's plenty of work going on into what is apparently still a live issue. Surprised this is a surprise to anyone.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:04:40 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2299 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:07:41 »

All I said was that I agreed with him...  I am allowed to do that aren't I?  Or am I a racist alongside Venkman, Tails and Brendan Rodgers?

Oh and is this the same FIFA you mention that fine countries like Serbia etc. a couple of thousand quid for racist chanting etc.  Doesn't seem to be as much of an issue to them as you make out..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #2300 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:09:41 »

Who the fuck said anything about a black conspiracy? stop it with the strawmen.

You accused JJ of being racist for suggesting there are few black managers up to the job. So I'll ask you again... which black managers do YOU think are up top the job?

And no you did not make it clear that it starts further up the line, and certainly not before you accused JJ of being racist.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2301 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:10:44 »

The usual pontificators are pontificating.  Roll Eyes
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2302 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:16:41 »

Well I'm not going to make the same points again, so can re-read them if you want.

Flashheart

« Reply #2303 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:18:47 »

And there was me hoping you were going to put forward the names of more managers up to the job of managing a league football team.  Roll Eyes
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2304 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:21:48 »

Yes

Some like any excuse for an argument...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2305 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:21:59 »

Well I'm not going to make the same points again, so can re-read them if you want.

Am I right in thinking you live in France or you are French, or both? Why did you choose the username 'Red Frog'?
Flashheart

« Reply #2306 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:23:06 »

Yes

Some like any excuse for an argument...

No they don't
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2307 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:31:29 »

Am I right in thinking you live in France or you are French, or both? Why did you choose the username 'Red Frog'?

Yes, no and obvious.  Wink

Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #2308 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:50:02 »

Michael Appleton blows the ability theory out of the water

I don't know what you mean, I think he's doing a great job.  Grin
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2309 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 14:14:45 »

No need to bring the Catholic Church into this....and seeing as we're on the subject, how many managers are Muslim? How many managers are gay? How many managers are women? How many managers are disabled? How many managers are gay, disabled Muslim women?
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: