Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Deadline Day  (Read 59818 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:40:08 »

In a perverse way I am really looking forward to seeing how we play on Saturday at Crawley without Ritchie.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:41:08 »

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/51909/danny-green

Mixed opinions.
Barry Scott

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:43:22 »

Don't forget a big reason why Ritchie scores as many as he does is not just because he can shoot, but because Paolo plays him on the wrong side.

If Green knows where the net is, there's no reason why he can't play on the left and be the opposite of Ritchie and score just as many. (I don't recall Ritchie being anything special pre-Paolo.)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:43:39 »

In a perverse way I am really looking forward to seeing how we play on Saturday at Crawley without Ritchie.

I'm with you on this - as good as Ritchie was/is he isn't without his faults/weak areas and opposing teams did focus on marking him out of games. It'll be interesting to see how we adapt and how it changes the dynamics of the team.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:45:08 »

Don't forget a big reason why Ritchie scores as many as he does is not just because he can shoot, but because Paolo plays him on the wrong side.

If Green knows where the net is, there's no reason why he can't play on the left and be the opposite of Ritchie and score just as many. (I don't recall Ritchie being anything special pre-Paolo.)

It's a valid point. De Vita on the other side has done the same - at a slightly better goals/games ratio than Ritchie this season even.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:46:38 »

Well even the doubters on that forum say that he (Green) is a very good crosser.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:47:43 »

Wouldnt be too disappointed if Martin's loan is not extended to be honest.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Barry Scott

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:51:33 »

Wouldnt be too disappointed if Martin's loan is not extended to be honest.

I think I'd be quietly pleased. Save the wages and get in someone else.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 11:54:02 »

Would leave us with just Rooney as cover up front though until Miles is fit again.

Much rather send Rooney back but that doesnt seem possible.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:01:39 »

Just had an email, 'The STFC PLAYER sale ends today!'

Hope this hasn't been sent to the whole of the football league again
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:25:20 by tj2002 » Logged
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:03:41 »

Just had an email, 'The STFC PLAYER sale end today!'

Hope this hasn't been sent to the whole of the football league again

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:11:39 »

Well even the doubters on that forum say that he (Green) is a very good crosser.

He sounds remarkably similar to Luke Rooney to be honest: not loads of pace but tricky and can beat a man, excellent delivery, exciting on his day but goes missing for long stretches of a game, poor work rate, bad tackler, best used as a substitute for the last 20 mins.

Sounds like there's potential there though but not a ready made Di Canio players. Gonna be hard for anyone to improve on ritchie for delivery + goals + playmaking + workrate.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:12:49 »

"Paolo Di Canio's pre-match press conference ahead of the trip to Crawley this weekend has been put back to mid-afternoon."

Hopefully this means he's busy signing players and not that he's on his way out.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:15:58 »

"Paolo Di Canio's pre-match press conference ahead of the trip to Crawley this weekend has been put back to mid-afternoon."

Hopefully this means he's busy signing players and not that he's on his way out.

I like the fact it's being called "Paolo Di Canio's pre-match press conference"...I'd like to think he's busy doing deals, but after yesterday I won't count my chickens yet!

#VivaKenBarlow!
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 12:20:37 »

See Becchio has gone Leeds to Norwich for undisclosed fee plus Morison.  Good bit of business for Leeds. Closes off another possible destinations for sale of Charlie Austin though. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere this window.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: