Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC - The story so far  (Read 15521 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 17:18:40 »

The people who stopped watching Swindon because of Paolo's political views - alleged or otherwise - are pricks.

He is here as a football manager not a politician. If you don't like his politics, then don't vote for him to represent you in government - should he decide to stand.

Personally, I don't care if he is a fascist, Nazi, Stalinisn or supporter of Colonel Gadaffi - he is a passionate football man who seems to love the club, and has brought back the mojo to this club.

Having said that, respected journo's, including from the Independant, who know him, confirm that he is not a fascist anyway.

Paolo has completely transformed this club in 6 months, the club is the biggest news story in Swindon again, and he is probably the most talked about manager outside the Premiership. He is also learning fast, and will become a top manager pretty soon.

The only thing that tempers my anger against the self-righteous pricks who "boycott" the club because of their petty little views, is the knowledge that they are missing out on this brilliant chapter in the history of our club - sitting at home with their big bottom lips sticking out, wishing they hadn't fucked up
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 17:30:57 »

people do care though, and i'm sure they'll care what you think

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #77 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 17:32:42 »

We're all different but we're all Town. Some of those who walked away were decent people who due to their political beliefs could not support DiCanio. I think calling them "pricks" is misguided. They had principles and stuck to them - fair play to them.  
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 17:35:45 »

For god sake, here comes another 10 page debate about this.

If people don't want to support the club because of Paolo's "beliefs" then let them, its there choice. No need to call them pricks.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:46:09 by Swindon Please Win » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 17:38:27 »

Hes caught a whopper i reckon
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:01:56 »

I'd go as far as to call 'fans' who can't even be bothered to spell the manager's name properly dimwitted pricks.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:03:19 »

We're all different but we're all Town. Some of those who walked away were decent people who due to their political beliefs could not support DiCanio. I think calling them "pricks" is misguided. They had principles and stuck to them - fair play to them. 

Agreed. I don't share their opinions (I am a lefty and I will continue to support Town) but I respect people making a stand, even if I don't agree with it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:05:22 »

I'd go as far as to call 'fans' who can't even be bothered to spell the manager's name properly dimwitted pricks.

Go Nev!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:12:19 »

I really expected there to be more protest from unhappy Swindon Town fans. We got a withdrawal of a sponsor and a handful of supporters said they wouldn't go any more but that was it. I supposed I thought there would be more outrage than there actually was.

Also, (early on) I expected PDC to have gone by now. I misjudged his work ethic and loyalty - I'm not misguided enough to think he'll stay for years and years but he has clearly dedicated himself 100% to Swindon Town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:45:33 »

We're all different

I'm not.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #85 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:54:28 »

I'm not.
Yes you are
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:54:46 »

Flailing your arms around and having a moan (what manager doesn't?!) is nowhere near as bad as waving imaginary cards, in my opinion. No crackdown there though...

Straight red for any cunt doing that.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:55:59 »

I would be willing to bet a sizeable sum, that the people defending the "Conscientious objectors", are the same ones who were moaning a few weeks back about the young supporters who were making too much noise at away matches.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 19:59:56 »

Yes you are

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 20:01:09 »

I would be willing to bet a sizeable sum, that the people defending the "Conscientious objectors", are the same ones who were moaning a few weeks back about the young supporters who were making too much noise at away matches.

Well you'd be completely fucking wrong then wouldn't you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: