Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Grant Smith thread  (Read 2316 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:14:24 »

I think that's a fair point about Gray, whilst not evreryone thought he was perfect (ticket prices etc.) when Mark Devlin was here we seemed to be going somewhere, ever since he left we have lacked direction, in PR terms Devlin was far far better than Sandy Gray or Holt who are rarely in the press unless theres been a disaster. Good to see some more positive news today but I think we're really missing having a proper chief exec and it was one of the things that really cost us last year.

Looks like Banbury Red might be interested though, BANBURY IN!

It was reported a few days ago that the board were ready to offer Smith two years, not sure why it's taken them this long to actually do it but at least they have now.

I hope this makes the difference for Smith but I've got a feeling it won't, I reckon we could offer him more than last year and the two years and he'll still take the better offer 'cos it's more money, really hope I'm wrong.

And yes if he goes to city he's a cunt.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:33:48 »

well done swindon! finally they have decided to gamble abit on something which could help us gain something next season.
Melksham Red

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:41:36 »

Are we all a bit over worried about Smith leaving? He's not that greater player. Fair enough he's scored some goals last season and can deliver a good cross but the rest of his game is fairly crap IMO. He can't really beat a player and he consisently pussies out of tackles Hewlett style. His passing is very hit and miss.
He may just have been a half season wonder high on confidence. If he goes to City he might revert to being shit again as he was before. Then who'll be laughing.

I think his goals have given us a degree of rose tinted glasses.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 13:05:38 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Are we all a bit over worried about Smith leaving? He's not that greater player. Fair enough he's scored some goals last season and can deliver a good cross but the rest of his game is fairly crap IMO. He can't really beat a player and he consisently pussies out of tackles Hewlett style. His passing is very hit and miss.
He may just have been a half season wonder high on confidence. If he goes to City he might revert to being shit again as he was before. Then who'll be laughing.

I think his goals have given us a degree of rose tinted glasses.

That may be so, but goals is goals, sure as eggs is eggs my friend.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 13:14:07 »

Not if City are offering 3 years.

He's being offered 1 year with an automatic second year when he reaches a certain amount of appearances.Its not the same as a 2 year contract if he gets injured is it.I doubt City will offer this clause.If I were him id fuck off and I support this club.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 16:30:30 »

Still reckon he'll go.....and they call me the negative one
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: