Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1250374 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3975 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 17:27:18 »

I think black and white films are just like subtitled films as often people have undeserved hangups about both.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3976 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 17:53:10 »

Last night there was nothing on so I sat with the Mrs an watched the first Twilight film.

How the hell has this series become so popular? They take vampires an make some them super ghey nice guys? Vampires are suppose to be mean mofos. And then the rest of the plot seem to be a bit Beverly Hills 90210.

I'm guessing this is more aimed at the teenage girl market.

Erm, anyway, you get the point.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3977 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 17:54:21 »

Last night there was nothing on so I sat with the Mrs an watched the first Twilight film.

How the hell has this series become so popular? They take vampires an make some them super ghey nice guys? Vampires are suppose to be mean mofos. And then the rest of the plot seem to be a bit Beverly Hills 90210.

I went to watch one of those at the cinema. Walked out half way through for a ciggie break. I don't think my company was too impressed.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3978 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 18:01:58 »

Not bad...just didn't seem to have enough bite to it.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3979 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 18:21:48 »

Boyz N The Hood, on one of the music channels last night, surprisingly brilliant.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3980 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 18:25:20 »

Why is it surprising? It's significantly celebrated... It hasn't been helped by the countless dire attempts to emulate it's success.

John Singleton never really lived up to the hype of BNTH - I didn't mind Higher Learning.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3981 on: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 18:36:58 »

I hadn't heard of it before, bit of a shit title, could have been a steaming pile of cliches.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3982 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 11:44:23 »

Went to see 127 Hours last night.  Not Boyle's greatest work but still a good watch, I think that fact it is a true story makes it more appealing.  The arm cutting scene wasn’t the nicest thing I’ve ever watched.

It did refresh my memory as to why I only go to the cinema about once every 5 years.  Overpriced, people constantly whispering, people looking at phones which then illuminates the area around them.  I'll stick to watching films at my gaff for the next few years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3983 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 12:20:27 »

Watched District 9 last night. It was £4 in Tesco on DVD so thought I'd give it a try.

Quite enjoyed it, won't spoil it too much but I did think the end was slightly predictable too early in the film. The writers did an excellent job of making you feel sympathy for both the lead character (who was a dick early on) and the aliens.

However the movies is crying out for a sequel, is there one in the pipeline?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #3984 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 12:55:33 »

A good B+W film is The Man Who Wasn't There. Probably the best work the Coens' have done along side Fargo.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #3985 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:23:34 »

It did refresh my memory as to why I only go to the cinema about once every 5 years.  Overpriced, people constantly whispering, people looking at phones which then illuminates the area around them.  I'll stick to watching films at my gaff for the next few years.

Must agree that going to the Empire (Greenbridge) is becoming an increasingly crap experience. Add a lack of staff so queuing up in the popcorn queue to pay for your ticket as the ticket booths are shut (at peak time too) and the place is a shit heap ! It used to be Shaw Ridge that was the worst of Swindons cinema complexes but that seems to have switched around. All that aside still went to see The Tourist as it has Johnny Depp in it and filmed in Venice so the missus insisted. It got crap reviews but I thought it was reasonable if very light entertainment.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #3986 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:45:59 »

Errmm, anyway, you get the point.

Teenage girls OR JFW?? Wink
Twilight is SO ace!! Before I saw it I would never in a million years of thought I would get so into it to the point I went to the cinema with all my friends wearing "team Edward/Jacob" Tshirts!  Cheesy
land_of_bo

« Reply #3987 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:45:59 »

Watched District 9 last night. It was £4 in Tesco on DVD so thought I'd give it a try.

Quite enjoyed it, won't spoil it too much but I did think the end was slightly predictable too early in the film. The writers did an excellent job of making you feel sympathy for both the lead character (who was a dick early on) and the aliens.

However the movies is crying out for a sequel, is there one in the pipeline?

Watched this the other day too, really enjoyed it. They certainly left it open for a sequel, I hope there is one.

I'm off to get some cat food.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3988 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:48:45 »

I think black and white films are just like subtitled films as often people have undeserved hangups about both.

My eyesight is fucking wank. If I have to read subtitles, I can't even watch the film... it's that bad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3989 on: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 13:56:00 »

"team Edward/Jacob" Tshirts! 

I'm thinking Team Jacob. The problem with Edward is, well, he's a bit gay. There is nothing wrong with being proper gay, but he's supposed to be a vampire. He should be eating anything with a pulse. He's the vampire equivelant of being a veggie (no offence Paul d).

Which way do you swing? Wink

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: