Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1255308 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 17:54:11 »

i watched shutter island......it could have been sooo good, but ended up being utter shiteee
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3556 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 18:32:35 »

I've called it shut eye island, as both me and the mrs fell asleep and missed the last hour.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 18:47:06 »

Finally watched Donkey Punch last night.

Quite good.

It's All Good..............
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 18:59:50 »

Quite good.

Boxing

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 19:14:43 »

Quite good.

As that the one with the birds on the boat?

Watched the A-Team  at the weekend. A pretty good take on things in my book, its generally got the feeing of the original series. And we get to see the crime they did not commit! Its never going to be film of the year, but its worth a take your brain out watch if you were a 'fan' of the series.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 20:51:39 »

I went to see Inception tonight (and actually did watch it).

A clever film, perhaps too clever for its own good. It took such a long time to create and unravel the complexities within the film that I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

I know lots of people saying a second viewing would be preferable to piece everything together, so perhaps my brain worked a bit too hard to work out what was happening and not relaxing enough to enjoy the film at face value. Aside from the intentionally ambiguous ending which is not designed to have a definitive answer, I think once you break everything down it's actually surprisingly easy to understand what happened.

Overall I'm glad I watched it in so far as I probably won't watch a film like it and it the suspense of the films climax and how it was all brought together was very well thought out. But it wouldn't touch my top films of all time, or even from the last 10 years. I'll score it a commendable 7/10.

I enjoyed it for the reasons you were less enthusiastic.  Reminded me a little of Twelve Monkeys in style, although very different story lines.  A much better film than The Matrix.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3561 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 21:07:36 »

Watched Gettysburg earlier and it was a but of a slog!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 21:11:07 »

just finished V for Vendetta and i would say get it, watch it and enjoy. 8/10
Plumstead Red
Formerly Arkells Chris

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: Monday, August 2, 2010, 21:57:39 »

I saw Inception at the Odeon Imax where the sound effects were extraordinary - I have never been in a cinema where the sound effects have been so realistic, e.g. when the truck crashes into the car and when the face smashes against the windowscreen. I would concur with the other posts - it's good but I'm not sure whether I want to see this a second time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 06:33:25 »

*below be spoilers*

I saw it. Typical Cohen brothers film - makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
Hollywood is a metaphor for hell. The hotel wasn't on fire, Barton walked almost straight through the flames - the characters only refer to it being hot - and Charlie represents the common man that Barton incessantly talks about but fails to listen to. Charlie frequently says that he has stories to tell but Barton simply isn't interested, he lives solely within his own head, for instance he can only recall that Charlie liked Jack Oakie films when the police detectives visited, not that he was in NYC potentially visiting Barton's family. This lack of external awareness could suggest that the latter half of the film is merely an extended dream sequence, culminating in the manifestation of the picture in his room at the Hotel Earle. You never see any other guests nor do you see inside any other rooms and Barton is in every single scene of the film. Again this reflects how Barton lives within his own mind.

I agree that it doesn't make a great deal of sense but it's the only Coen brothers film that is left open to any intepretation at all, aside from No Country perhaps.
Wotwot

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 09:34:24 »

Quite good.

Saw that a week or two ago and spent most of the film laughing because of the actual donkey punch scene  Cheesy
townforever

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 13:09:41 »

The A-Team.

Mind numbing, American Action Film - Very true to the TV Show, some of the actions scenes are a little far fetched, Although any film where BA is told to " Man UP " must have a level of awersome-ness about it.

I loved every minute of it (although It might be more about reminding me of growing up watching it!!)

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 18:02:25 »

When we discovered Inception was sold out this evening I suggested the A team as a viable alternative. My chum was less impressed however so we ditched the whole thing.

Also, Twilight is still selling out.  Suicide

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3568 on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 20:25:01 »

Watched '8 Men Out', 80's movie with John Cusack.

It's about the 1919 World Series betting scandal. Worth a watch if you're in to that sort of thing, however it could've been better.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 17:20:13 »

I just finished the uncut version of way of the dragon. A fantastic bruce lee film, with some great fight scenes. Also i loved the outrageously camp bad guy. Ladies if your into hairy backs you will find no better than chuck norris' rug,  the man looked knitted!!!
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: