Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1254870 times)

Ignore
« Reply #2895 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:32:35 »

green mile tops the lot i reckon.castaway got a bit of stick if i remember rightly but i thought it was ace.
aroamin

« Reply #2896 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:36:27 »

for the record "you've got mail" was a suggestion for a bad tom hanks film, and Miss Conginiality 2 was a joke.

Hanks is phenomenal though, the Terminal was quality.

Though not a patch on the likes of daniel day lewis, the guy is a chameleon. Him, and john hurt are just incredible actors. I love watching them, every little twitch of their face tells a new story.

Oh and Michael Fassbander (perhaps?) is a newish actor that I think is incredible. He was in inglorious bastards and hunger, two great movies etc.
Doore

« Reply #2897 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:37:59 »

green mile tops the lot i reckon.castaway got a bit of stick if i remember rightly but i thought it was ace.

Castaway got loads of stick.  For me, its one of the best acting performances for years.  For over an hour of the film, it is just Tom Hanks.  The only other character is a volleyball.  To be able to do that convincingly and movingly is, in my view, worthy of serious accolade.

I like Castaway.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2898 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 01:09:52 »

Have you seen 'Moon', Billy Shears?

It deserves another plug because Sam Rockwell is pretty much the only actor in the whole film and does an incredible job. Really good film, probably better than Castaway in that respect.
Doore

« Reply #2899 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 01:13:05 »

It deserves another plug because Sam Rockwell is pretty much the only actor in the whole film and does an incredible job. Really good film, probably better than Castaway in that respect.

I've not, but it is on my lovefilm list, and I am very much looking forward to it.  All reviews I've seen are very favourable and I do like Sam Rockwell.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2900 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 01:23:41 »

Aye, 'tis a good film.

Been watching some somewhat random war films the past few days. The Russian film The 9th Company about their invasion of Afghanistan was very good as was the Italian one El Alamein. Remember someone on here liked war films so those two are well worth a watch.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2901 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 08:22:19 »

Watched you don't mess with the zohan last night. Might be alone on this but i fucking loved it. Also watched another Mike Judge film the other week, Idiocracy. I loved that too, although it's no Office Space.

Keep meaning to watch there will be blood, but dunno, seems uninteresting. I will try this week.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2902 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:26:03 »

Castaway got loads of stick.  For me, its one of the best acting performances for years.  For over an hour of the film, it is just Tom Hanks.  The only other character is a volleyball.  To be able to do that convincingly and movingly is, in my view, worthy of serious accolade.

I like Castaway.

Word.

He even manages to bring Wilson (the volleyball) to life to some extent.

'Catch me if you can' is another great movie. Tom Hanks is so adaptable, I think he is superb.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2903 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:34:34 »

Watched you don't mess with the zohan last night. Might be alone on this but i fucking loved it. Also watched another Mike Judge film the other week, Idiocracy. I loved that too, although it's no Office Space.

Keep meaning to watch there will be blood, but dunno, seems uninteresting. I will try this week.

There will be blood, contains the biggest piece of ham since Babe, vastly over rated imo. I thought Zohan was good. Just watched him in Bedtime Stories which was decent enough also. Best film i've seen recently was "I love you man" Normally american film comedies to me are disappointing, but this one was pretty funny.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2904 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:46:08 »

Off to see "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll" Wednesday, heard some good reviews and I love Ian Durys music so should be interesting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2905 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:23:06 »

You've Got Mail is my worst film of all time.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #2906 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:29:45 »

no way Si! Great film. Well not great, but good.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2907 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:31:33 »

Apollo 13. The best Tom Hanks film/best film ever. I will refrain from adding 'FACT'.

No no -that's The Burbs!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2908 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:37:59 »

Best film i've seen recently was "I love you man" Normally american film comedies to me are disappointing, but this one was pretty funny.

I watched that recently and quite enjoyed it.

Also took in The Hangover over the weekend which was reasonably amusing.

Like many others I also watched Forrest Gump last night. A brilliant film. Can't believe it was released in 1994 and I remember it so well, I was only 8 at the time!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2909 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:38:11 »

Batchelor Party was, without doubt, his finest movie.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: