Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1252281 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:41:33 »

Saw Avatar at cinema in 3d recently...a few points

- I wouldn't want to watch it in 2d, would be utterly pointless
 - There was a little pitter patter of applause at the end, something I havent heard in ages
 - The storyline is a little dross but you get compelety immersed in the effects and 3d...
 - on the whole is a very worthwhile viewing, solely for the 3d experience..

footnote...would be nice to see a 'US' film for a change which doesnt contain US army troops armed to the eye balls running round shouting 'go go go' accompanied with hand signals...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:49:22 »

its really surreal when you get a round of applause in cinemas, it happened after district 9, and it was quite a loud one, everyone stood up and there was wooping and cheering.

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:52:42 »

its really surreal when you get a round of applause in cinemas, it happened after district 9, and it was quite a loud one, everyone stood up and there was wooping and cheering.

only time i've witnessed this was after lord of the rings return of the king.
to be fair i dont go to the cinema often.once a year maybe?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:59:39 »

watched a terrible film on friday called Donkey Punch. I got sucked in by the blurb that said something like "gratuitous sex scenes and hardcore drug taking". Terrible.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2809 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:02:53 »

Does anyone remember years ago, when before the film started the curtains closed (after a cartoon or something) and then reopened with the main event and everyone used to clap. Them were the days.

What a good idea it would've been to keep an old screen running at the Savoy and you pay to sit in a bar cum cinema and have a few beers and a chat while watching full screen movies.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:42:05 »

watched a terrible film on friday called Donkey Punch. I got sucked in by the blurb that said something like "gratuitous sex scenes and hardcore drug taking". Terrible.

HAhaha. I got suckered by that when it was on film 4. I ended up fast forwarding to the 'best' bits then deleted it from Sky+/
« Last Edit: Monday, December 21, 2009, 16:05:57 by Batch » Logged
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:50:30 »

you get that in the US all the time, for any film (particualy ones where a US citizen duffs up the baddies). God forbid it becomes more prevalent over here..
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 13:52:06 »

Does anyone remember years ago, when before the film started the curtains closed (after a cartoon or something) and then reopened with the main event and everyone used to clap. Them were the days.

What a good idea it would've been to keep an old screen running at the Savoy and you pay to sit in a bar cum cinema and have a few beers and a chat while watching full screen movies.

Yep, those were the days of very dodgy adverts beforehand, particualty the one with the leather jump suit clad lady, on a motorcycler I believe, showing a little cleavage!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:00:51 »

Yep, those were the days of very dodgy adverts beforehand, particualty the one with the leather jump suit clad lady, on a motorcycler I believe, showing a little cleavage!

Yocal adverts too. In Ciren we got The Jewel In the Crown Indian and Clive Ranger rings.

Nationally - "lick me, bite me, any way you want me, as long as you love me it's alright". The King Cone ad. Then Neil Godwin had to come in with the ice cream tray before the main feature started.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 15:29:22 »

Truly awful film but some of the girls in it were rather nice.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 16:47:00 »

you get that in the US all the time, for any film (particualy ones where a US citizen duffs up the baddies). God forbid it becomes more prevalent over here..

Really? I lived in the States for three years, went to the flicks regularly and never heard it once. Oh well.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 16:48:34 »

Really? I lived in the States for three years, went to the flicks regularly and never heard it once. Oh well.

maybe the nature of the films I saw there, forrest gump, independance day etc
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 16:59:58 »

Truly awful film but some of the girls in it were rather nice.

Ray Winstone daughter Jaime is in it I believe.

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 17:33:11 »

Yep.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2819 on: Monday, December 21, 2009, 19:06:13 »

I experienced it while watching a film in an American cinema. Well, it wasn't because of the film - this woman got offended by a scene and started shouting her disgust and stormed out after several people told her to go away.... an applause followed.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: