Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1253276 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:28:36 »

Ooh that's on my list to watch, be interested in what you think of it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:54:52 »

I watched In The Loop the other night. Don't know why I bothered, never really got into it. Certainly not my kind of comedy. Didn't even find it funny really.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:14:59 »

I have Che Part One coming tomorrow from love film, as well as Requiem For A Dream.  Anyone seen these?

Requiem for a Dream is great. It is not a happy film but it is good. I have it but haven't watched it in ages.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 19:00:21 »

I watched In The Loop the other night. Don't know why I bothered, never really got into it. Certainly not my kind of comedy. Didn't even find it funny really.

In the Loop is brilliant.

FACT

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 19:47:02 »

Meh. Peter Capaldi's character was mildly amusing, the rest were just boring.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 19:59:25 »

I liked In The Loop.

Requiem for a Dream is great. It is not a happy film but it is good. I have it but haven't watched it in ages.

Yes, a film you should definitely see once but no need to put yourself through it again. Like Irreverisble.
flammableBen

« Reply #2616 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 20:39:46 »

I watched Looking for Eric or whatever it's called with Spy a few weeks ago, can't be arsed to look back to see if he's mentioned it. It felt like it was petering out a bit with the secondary story thread after half way through but it comes together nicely.

It has a nice British film feel without being too 'cosy' and minus the Curtis-ey English for America feel that some films suffer from. Cantona helps because he is ace.
Doore

« Reply #2617 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 17:02:11 »

Requiem for a dream was very good.  Tonight I shall be watching Che Part One and drinking some red wine followed by some beer.  Fridays - I really do love them.
Amir

« Reply #2618 on: Friday, November 6, 2009, 18:37:34 »

Yes, a film you should definitely see once but no need to put yourself through it again. Like Irreverisble.

Irreversible is an absolutely terrible film in my opinion, and if it wasn't for the infamous scene it would have gone pretty much unnoticed.  I mean the whole spinning thing for fuck sake - representing his decent into madness obviously but shit nonetheless - just made me feel ill.  Then at the end I was just about feeling normal, with a nice piece of classical music playing.....and the fucking spinning starts again!

Requiem For a Dream we got from Lovefilm recently because I remembered it being good, and now I'm not really sure why I liked it.

The most recent film I've enjoyed is Eastern Promise directed by David Cronenberg, about the Russian mafia in London. 8/10
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2619 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 11:58:00 »

Just watched turistas again.

I don't understand why it got such shitty reviews cos' I quite enjoyed, one of the few movies that is genuinely quite scary, to me anyway.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 12:13:27 »

You could also put Hunger in with that group of films which you should see once, but never again. I've never experienced such a silence in a cinema when the credits rolled, nobody moved or said a word for about three minutes.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 21:18:09 »

Moon - Interesting film, enjoyed that.
JPC82

« Reply #2622 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 21:20:31 »

Saw kidulthood and Taken last night. Thought Kidulthood was quite good, and would quite like to watch it again sober and alone.

Taken was absolutley awful though. Just awful. Possibly knocking Norbit off it's perch as the worst film i've ever seen

i quite enjoyed Taken
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 14:36:10 »

I watched 'UP' in the week, its so very sad, I can't believe its a kids film! Mind you, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard as I did at the scene when you first meet the dogs Alpha, Beta and Gamma, and they all stop mid-conversation and shout in unison, "squirrel!".

Also watched Misery night before last, very good film, winced at the hobbling though. Oh and I watched 'Tell No One' recently too, very good French thriller.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2624 on: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 15:11:15 »

well bonbom el perro was a good film with some fantastic shots of patagonia. But its shit in comparison to the greatness of la haine. Brilliant film that everyone should watch.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: