Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1250381 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4605 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 10:49:32 »

i thought the other guys was ferrell's best since elf.  on the subject of McConaughey i will always rate a time to kill

edit: anchorman was after elf, so read since anchorman
Barry Scott

« Reply #4606 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 18:28:47 »

Nowt wrong with Dan Brown books.

The Da Vinci code and Angels and Demons were brilliant in book form, but like you say, the film versions were just awful.

I'm nearly done with Deception Point, which isn't that great to be honest, i'm only finishing it now for the sake of it.

I've read all his books and wouldn't for a second deny that I enjoyed them and have recommended them. Forgetting the part involving the helicopter and the Tiber, A & D is the best imo.

The thing with his books is they're a bit far fetched and silly at times. They're a good read in the same way a Michael Bay film is a good watch. They won't win awards, or teach you much about literature, but they'll put a smile on your face and they're a memorable and enjoyable read I reckonz.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #4607 on: Thursday, September 22, 2011, 08:44:22 »

Watched Piranha last night - was obviously made for 3D showings, so a lot of the effects looked a bit shit in normal 2D.  But Kelly Brook getting naked and a bit of lezzy stuff with another naked bird made up for that big time. Assuming it was meant to be a comedy horror, it was pretty good. Excellent ending too.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #4608 on: Thursday, September 22, 2011, 08:54:06 »

Went to see Friends with Benefits last night. As expected, utter bilge, although Mile Kunis is ridiculously fit.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4609 on: Friday, September 23, 2011, 21:27:43 »

Just watched 'Dangerous Minds' after one of the teachers I work with used the opening credits in a class Cheesy Bloody good watch that.

Also watched the first half hour of Boy in the Striped Pyjamas in Citizenship, we're watching the whole thing gradually.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #4610 on: Friday, September 23, 2011, 22:30:19 »

Got the boy in the striped pyjamas on sky planner and watched it again last night. Really good film with a dramatic ending. Another good film Is Roman Polanski's, the Pianist. Thought provoking stuff about the German invasion of Poland and Jewish families fight for survival. Fairly old film now 2002 but really worth watching.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #4611 on: Friday, September 23, 2011, 23:45:55 »

Got the boy in the striped pyjamas on sky planner and watched it again last night. Really good film with a dramatic ending. Another good film Is Roman Polanski's, the Pianist. Thought provoking stuff about the German invasion of Poland and Jewish families fight for survival. Fairly old film now 2002 but really worth watching.

I really enjoyed that too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4612 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 00:56:22 »

Well behind the times as ever but I just watched Eagle vs Shark, a really lovely little film. If anyone elses likes it I can wholeheartedly recommend Me and You and Everyone We Know

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4613 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 09:12:03 »

Watched The Orphange last night - bloody good it was too. The subs were a bit dodgy but I followed it ok.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4614 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 09:46:00 »

I really want to go and see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Looks quality!
It is !
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #4615 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 10:04:59 »

Went to see Tinker Tailor hungover and we fell asleep after the credits, missing the first half an hour of it. Woke myself up with a really loud snore and the man in front was staring at me. Had missed key parts of the plot and didn't have a clue what was going on, so had to suffer the indignity of walking out after 45mins. The best part of that cinematic experience was seeing the trailer for a new film directed by Paddy Considine, Tyrannosaur:

Rewatched Into The Wild which is very good.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas was on tv not long ago, it was better than I thought it would be. Also like the Pianist and Eagle & Shark.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4616 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 11:24:59 »

Went to see Tinker Tailor hungover and we fell asleep after the credits, missing the first half an hour of it. Woke myself up with a really loud snore and the man in front was staring at me. Had missed key parts of the plot and didn't have a clue what was going on, so had to suffer the indignity of walking out after 45mins.
  Clap

I recommend you try again !!  Zzz
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4617 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 18:12:04 »

best summary of this film i've ever seen

[url width=663 height=6428]http://i.imgur.com/XoJml.jpg[/url]
[url width=799 height=6743]http://i.imgur.com/XU2Ff.jpg[/url]

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4618 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 18:18:18 »

Not a real film buff but the ending in the Boy In The Striped Pyjamas was a brilliantly simple film....shocking thought provoking and a film that got me angry.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4619 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 18:28:33 »

Me too. To say i enjoyed it would be the wrong term but was a good film to watch and i am glad i did.

On a seperate note i am reading Ann Franks diary.What a lazy bitch she was eh
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: