Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266975 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:06:48 »

In all fairness, there has been recent success of sides going down to National League and below and overtaking us on their way back up (Stockport, Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Lincoln and Luton to name a few)

Just as many that have not had such a good time
Southend, Scunthorpe, Torquay, Halifax, Darlington, Hereford, Boston, Chester, Yeovil & York.
So no guarantee that we would see the FL again in my lifetime.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:07:01 »

In all fairness, there has been recent success of sides going down to National League and below and overtaking us on their way back up (Stockport, Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Lincoln and Luton to name a few)
Stockport and Notts County?
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #5852 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:14:40 »

Am I not looking at twitter right or did Ryan Whelan delete this tweet about Angus?

Update. Yep, he deleted the "No comment" tweet from his contact at the club.

« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:27:55 by Kaufman » Logged
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #5853 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:14:58 »

The only clusterfuck here is you lot clutching at straws.

I wonder how many of you put this much interest and level of investigation into other companies like your water suppliers or the company that provides your electricity?

At the end of the day this is a business and it will be run as such. Shares being given as security for money that was not readily available is not something to be too concerned about. We all know how impossible it can be to get large sums of money out of a bank at a pinch, and that's made doubly harder when most of that money is tied up in assets in a completely different country in a completely different currency.

Could have been clearer with the messaging I agree but the ensuing meltdown is completely of your own making and entirely in your own heads. The new guy adver (who reads these forums btw) has clearly seen what you have all been saying and decided he can make an instant impact with a small minority of fans ( I think about 10-15 of you) by posting an article like that purely to generate visits.

Football clubs are trading around like vintage cars between people with more more money than sense and as long as I get to watch football and live in the hope that we will get promoted I couldn't give a flying sausage about what's going on behind the scenes.

I honestly can't believe how much you all enjoy this! Do you not have lives outside this forum?
« Last Edit: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:18:24 by Briggany » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #5854 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:17:41 »

We are in skipped record territory. I get that Morfuni was the only game in town due to a paperwork quirk. Fully appreciate that. It was what it was.

BUT THE TRUST DIDN'T HAVE TO GET INTO BED WITH HIM! That's the point. This wasn't a binary choice. Sorry for the block caps but bloody hell, this is tiring... They could and should have maintained distance and held him to account.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about this.

What in your mind would be holding him to account? Remember this is a supporters trust that doesn't have any powers over what the club does.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #5855 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:18:24 »

I wonder how many of you put this much interest and level of investigation into other companies like your water suppliers or the company that provides your electricity?

At the end of the day this is a business and it will be run as such. Shares being given as security for money that was not readily available is not something to be too concerned about. We all know how impossible it can be to get large sums of money out of a bank at a pinch, and that's made doubly harder when most of that money is tied up in assets in a completely different country in a completely different currency.

Could have been clearer with the messaging I agree but the ensuing meltdown is completely of your own making and entirely in your own heads. The guy at the new guy adver (who reads these forums btw) has clearly seen what you have all been saying and decided he can make an instant impact with a small minority of fans ( I think about 10-15 of you) by posting an article like that purely to generate visits.

Football clubs are trading around like vintage cars between people with more more money than sense and as long as I get to watch football and live in the hope that we will get promoted I couldn't give a flying sausage about what's going on behind the scenes.

I honestly can't believe how much you all enjoy this! Do you not have lives outside this forum?

Doh
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:21:32 »

Doh

And you can sod off with your "in the know" bullshit lording over everyone.

You are one of the key offenders in stoking this fire making claims and then never backing them up. Pretty much the epitome of a troll and people have fallen for it.

If you knew so much you would actually tell people what you know instead of being cryptic and just watching the forum burn down around you.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5857 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:23:30 »

There's straw man arguments and then there's this!

Wessex Water til' I die!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:25:46 »

There's straw man arguments and then there's this!

Wessex Water til' I die!

British Gas Barmy Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5859 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:26:37 »

British Gas Barmy Army!

You're so shit it's unbelievable!

Nationalised in the morning, you're getting nationalised in the morning!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:28:09 »

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about this.

What in your mind would be holding him to account? Remember this is a supporters trust that doesn't have any powers over what the club does.

Yes, it saddens me that people can't see that our Supporters' Trust didn't have to smooth the path for an ex drugs money launderer to become our Vice Chairman (albeit never ratified etc), for example.

And in terms of holding a club to account, rightly or wrongly, our very own managed to get on national media with their No Money No Power campaign and probably encouraged lots of people to withhold their dough.

There are lots of examples of Supporters' Trusts having an impact.

We can all agree that we aren't Swindon fans because we really care about results. That is a cherry on top. But for much the same reason I wouldn't fraternise a pub if I thought it was an IRA front, I'm saddened that our little club that we love dearly has been corrupted by people that most law abiding citizens would consider 'undesirable' and others who don't have its best interests at heart.

I'd be very content with us being a well run, happy family club where people answer the phone and your money is genuinely re-invested back into the running of it. Even L2 doesn't bother me. I want to feel proud of it and I don't and haven't since Jed rode into town on his pantomime horse.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:28:18 »

Not sure that football clubs can or should be run as businesses in the normal understanding of the word.

The market forces are different, yeah clubs have commercial arms that can generate income alongside periodic sale of assets, but most are loss making to say the least & would collapse if the backing was withdrawn.

Ultimately if M&S failed then I'd buy the grundies elsewhere without a second thought.
Not so with a football club.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5862 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:28:48 »

So you would rather we dropped out of the league..?

Doh

Are you going to ignore the question about what is stopping you saying what these skeletons are?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:29:48 »

So the last 25 years have been club lives beyond it's income, runs up debts to owner or HMRC etc, goes into admin or sold on cheap to a new owner as current owner runs out of money, goodwill or both.

New owner comes in to pay off old debts and eventually runs out of money, never had in the first place or goodwill to fund. Then repeat the cycle every few years.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5864 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 11:31:44 »

It’s hardly as if you are dissatisfied with your chosen football club you can just drop it for another one.

People have invested their money and emotions into this club for years. Before social media I’m sure previous owners were milking the club - especially when you still paid actual cash at the turnstiles and downgraded attendance figures.

Nobody, apart from an ardent fan, is going to buy a club for philanthropic reasons - they do it for the kudos and to make money.

Until one of us fuckwits wins the Euro Millions and gives it a go ourselves . . .
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: