Pages: 1 ... 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022777 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #13140 on: Friday, March 22, 2024, 18:21:23 »

Exactly that, fucked either way!

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13141 on: Friday, March 22, 2024, 22:41:48 »

😂
(to be fair, I used to like The Lotus Eaters,decent band

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13142 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 14:19:04 »

I’m rather looking forward to Labour getting in. No really I am, and to help them along I won’t be voting at the next GE for the first time in my life.

I’m looking forward to massive spending with money we have not got. Taxing the ‘rich’ ha, ha good luck with that. Any extra tax burden won’t come from the rich I can tell you that for nothing.

Massive pension increases, yay, I’ve only got four years to go. 🤣
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 17:18:24 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13143 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 15:37:37 »

we are being taxed more now than we have in decades and getting fuck all for it.

Hopefully labour getting in will force a reset in the Tory party away from being utter cunts
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #13144 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 15:45:53 »

Both major parties are dire and I won’t be voting for either of them- though Labour in my experience would be worse.

They have long since been the party of the working classes as they continually penalise and tax tax tax just to give it to immigrants and benefit claimants

Them getting in will be amusing to watch though if nothing else. If the Tories were proper conservative then they would get re-elected
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #13145 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 16:42:09 »

They have long since been the party of the working classes as they continually penalise and tax tax tax just to give it to immigrants and benefit claimants
Read the Sun do we?  Roll Eyes No

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #13146 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 17:00:48 »

No don’t read any newspaper tbh

Anyone who thinks Labour stand up for the working class and make work pay are in for a nasty shock
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #13147 on: Saturday, March 23, 2024, 17:21:47 »

we are being taxed more now than we have in decades and getting fuck all for it.

Hopefully labour getting in will force a reset in the Tory party away from being utter cunts

Yes and no. We’re being taxed more, of course. No argument from me. You are getting something for it. Just not what think it should be spent on or in the amounts you think. I love the utter cunts comment, fantastic end to a reasoned comment. However, give Labour 10 years and you may think a bit differently. By then I’ll care even less than I do now because if you’re not within twenty years of retirement you’ll be paying for it.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #13148 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 10:15:05 »

I’m rather looking forward to Labour getting in. No really I am, and to help them along I won’t be voting at the next GE for the first time in my life.

I’m looking forward to massive spending with money we have not got.

Investing in public services helps in the moment and for many years into the future. You say that Labour are going to spend, but what have the tories done? Raised the national debt (as a % of GDP) to the highest levels since the 2nd world war whilst raising the personal tax burden (except those with offshore accounts), again to the highest levels since the end of WW2. And do we have good levels of public service in return for this? Do we fuck. They've fucked them all. NHS, police, education... it's all a mess. So where's the money gone? They've stolen it. It's gone to their mates, their business investments, the companies they sit on the boards of, the firms they 'advise', the businesses owned by tories that suddently popped up out of nowhere that they gave massive PPE contracts to, their shell companies, their offshore accounts in the Caribbean.

The greatest trick they have pulled and continue to pull is convincing the average person that they give two shits about them. They hate you. They look down on you and sneer and laugh.

And anyone that says, "The Conservatives and Labour, they're all the same! Either way we're fucked!" has fallen into another trap. The parties have very different interests, values and ideas.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 11:05:43 by mystical_goat » Logged
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #13149 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 11:24:11 »

'
I’m rather looking forward to Labour getting in. No really I am, and to help them along 'I won’t be voting at the next GE' 

What a loss that will be😂🤣
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #13150 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 14:18:40 »

It never ceases to amaze me how people think Labour will be some sort of utopia- it won’t.

They understand business even less than the Tories do and do not have a clue when it comes to managing the finances

Before someone jumps down my throat and says the Tories have increased the national debt- true yes they have but how much of that was down to spending on Covid- are you really telling me Labour would’ve  been any different?

Both Sunak and Starmer are dire. Sunak is weak and Starmer just doesn’t have principles he changes his position like the direction of the wind. How many of his pledges has he broken and he isn’t even in power yet.

If there was a genuine centre right alternative available they would walk the next election
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 14:21:55 by Outletred » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13151 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 14:43:34 »

Apart from the fact that "Left" leaning parties win 50%+ of the votes in the UK.  The quirks of the FPTP approach mean the Right of Centre tends to win a majority.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #13152 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 15:03:31 »

The immediately adjacent to right of centre party are supposed to be the Conservatives are they not. Right?

Could be argued that Labour are competing for that ground as well.

It all boils down to the fact that there is no money to spend without a degree of borrowing.
Both main parties have to be seen as fiscally responsible to stand a chance.

Governing any country is more of a not for profit endeavour these days even after taking mates rates into account.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #13153 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 15:27:03 »

A viable form of PR in UK elections might not be a bad thing.

An improvement on our current form of Democracy?

Reform would probably win seats in that scenario but both Conservatives & Labour could evolve into a number of left, right & centre flavourings that might give the electorate pause at the ballot box.

Coalition is not necessarily anathema.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #13154 on: Sunday, March 24, 2024, 17:10:55 »

What a loss that will be😂🤣

Not for Labour, I’ve never voted for them😉
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: