Pages: 1 ... 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2021979 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12855 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 14:23:25 »

Plus he didn't give a fuck!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12856 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 15:38:11 »

Seems like they were having fun🤣

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12857 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 16:57:23 »

Which proves to me the "rules" were a complete compliance excercise. Don't exactly look scared for their lives do they?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12858 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 17:14:27 »

Makes me wonder why this has come out now. Distraction from something else?

It was all bollocks. Vaccination doesn’t prevent transmission. Why are excess deaths still so high?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12859 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 17:24:20 »

Someone has always got some political scandal on the back burner to use.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12860 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 17:26:19 »

Which proves to me the "rules" were a complete compliance excercise. Don't exactly look scared for their lives do they?

You can hear them squirming "Boris said it was ok"🤣

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #12861 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 19:40:45 »

As every day passes the conspiracy theories prove right.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12862 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:23:36 »

Climate change is another one. Nobody is denying it’s happening but it’s not down to you and me driving a car and eating beef. It’s a natural occurrence of the Earth’s subtle shift in orbit according to NASA. But that gets no airtime.

Just like Covid it’s all about putting fear into the population to gain control.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12863 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:34:05 »

I think you might just be straying into wishful thinking there Aud.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #12864 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 08:44:12 »

I think you might just be straying into wishful thinking there Aud.

He's straying into batshit crazy conspiracy theory bollocks to be honest. Everything he's posted about covid in the last couple of days has been nonsense and now this. As someone seconded into our local covid response team a few days a week, and someone who has seen a couple of colleagues die from it over the last couple of years I struggle not to just batter those that come out with this shit when they do it in my company.

..never go back.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12865 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:00:54 »

Fuck sake, I’m not saying nobody died of Covid, I’m saying the line pushed that vaccination prevents transmission is a total crock.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12866 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:03:26 »

Climate change is another one. Nobody is denying it’s happening but it’s not down to you and me driving a car and eating beef. It’s a natural occurrence of the Earth’s subtle shift in orbit according to NASA. But that gets no airtime.

Just like Covid it’s all about putting fear into the population to gain control.

To counter that (and I don't know enough about science to comment authoritatively either way) I have got a close mate who works in climate change resilience for a major urban authority up here who works with scientists who do know what they are talking about, and yes we can do something about it but we are choosing not to and he is absolutely shitting it about what's coming over the hill (or should I say coming over the beach) in the comparatively short term unless we do something about it, now possibly won't affect me, but will undoubtedly affect my daughters generation!

Plus the things people are being asked to consider have the potential to make the environment we all live in a nicer place to live with less shit in the air, less shit in the water and less congestion on the roads, so even if its a hoax (which it fucking isn't) why not try and leave the planet we need to survive in a better state than when we first encountered it?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12867 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:12:34 »

Fuck sake, I’m not saying nobody died of Covid, I’m saying the line pushed that vaccination prevents transmission is a total crock.

What I don't get is what behaviour you would change as a result - even taking that to be true (I'm sure somebody will want to argue with it, but I can't be arsed) the vaccine demonstrably makes infections less severe and people - especially older folk - significantly less likely to die or have serious, life altering complications.

So you'd want everyone (or as many as possible) to be vaccinated anyway, no?

It just feels like you've dived into conspiracy theory internet world without really thinking critically about what you're reading, and emerged confidently stating at best disputed points as if they were gospel fact.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12868 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:14:04 »

I see this quoted a lot, so I must be in the minority but I’m sure they (the medical experts not the fucking useless government) said at the time of the rollout that the vaccine slightly reduced the transmission but the real benefit was that it reduced the symptoms & outcomes for the majority when you caught it
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12869 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 09:19:20 »

I see this quoted a lot, so I must be in the minority but I’m sure they (the medical experts not the fucking useless government) said at the time of the rollout that the vaccine slightly reduced the transmission but the real benefit was that it reduced the symptoms & outcomes for the majority when you caught it

That's it, it reduced the chances of it killing you, it didn't stop you getting it nor passing it on.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:08:00 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: