Pages: 1 ... 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2023036 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12495 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 07:30:07 »

Ring ‘em up and apologise for the nation if you’re embarrassed. I expect they laugh harder and more regularly at the Italians, besides, they’ve not much to shout about themselves TBF.

Looking at European economies the UK has the second largest, with Germany at number one. France third and Italy fourth, with Spain in fifth. So the UK isn't as bad as some like to make out.
Strange how some countries can run things such as trains so cheaply, as Mex pointed out Spanish train fees are very reasonable. In comparison I went to Rome 3 years ago and a 10 seater taxi cost 80 Euros to only go about 7 miles.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12496 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 07:32:42 »

Yeah the train fares thing is a total mystery.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12497 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 07:53:11 »

Who will be making the decisions for the November mini budget 🤔

Isn't that the chancellor's remit? He is still there as far as I'm aware. But does it need to be 'rubber-stamped' by the PM? Interesting times!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12498 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:09:56 »

Isn't that the chancellor's remit? He is still there as far as I'm aware. But does it need to be 'rubber-stamped' by the PM? Interesting times!

Whoever does it the interesting bit is going to happen when they have to get it through parliament, albeit the Hunt version has considerably greater chance than the Kwarteng variant.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12499 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:16:00 »

Whoever does it the interesting bit is going to happen when they have to get it through parliament, albeit the Hunt version has considerably greater chance than the Kwarteng variant.

I think given the absolute mess of the economy if the budget has any chance of making things better for the population it simply has to go through. The news is so depressing these days with the constant reports of people really struggling to make ends meet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12500 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:28:13 »

I think given the absolute mess of the economy if the budget has any chance of making things better for the population it simply has to go through. The news is so depressing these days with the constant reports of people really struggling to make ends meet.

That's rather dependent on having a governing party that has the slightest interest in making things better for the population, and as it stands I fear we don't have that.

It is frankly pretty grim out there at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12501 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 08:42:50 »

Spain's state pension is miles better than ours as a % of average wage.

But if the triple lock isn't U-Turned with high inflation we can catch Mexico given time.

young ones, it's never too early to start saving. One day you blink and your nearly 50 and you start looking at things like this
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12502 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:01:15 »

Thing is, if Johnson gets in who is going to serve in his government, less than 6 months ago 62 Ministers, PPS's etc resigned from his government (many of whom specifically cited a lack of honesty and integrity on the part of Johnson), letters were flying in to the 1922 Committee saying they had no confidence in him etc?

I know they will just pretend it never happened, but the hypocrisy will stink!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12503 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:03:34 »

Labour attack ads will just be clips of all the things the Tories said about him three months ago when they were resigning.

He won't come back though, he's never getting 100 MPs to back him. There are 50-60 who really loudly back him, but the numbers aren't there. I think he knows that and is just trying to keep his name relevant without really wanting the job back. His ideal scenario is probably Sunak winning, losing the next election and then getting to come back as the saviour without having to handle a fucked economy.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12504 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:03:47 »

They’ll be some absolute brownnosers who will do anything to gain a ministerial position. My local MP had his hooter up Grant Shapps jacksy on twitter the other day basically begging for a job under him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12505 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:08:14 »

you'll be hard pushed to find a bigger pair of party line butt sniffers than Tomlinson and Buckland.

They are presumably waiting to see who looks like winning before supporting them
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12506 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:09:43 »

you'll be hard pushed to find a pair of party line butt shaggers than Tomlinson and Buckland.

They are presumably waiting to see who looks like winning before supporting them

Buckland flipped from Sunak to Truss last time when he saw which way the wind was going, didn't he? I think there's actually a fair bit of ideological difference between them (Buckland being more One Nation-y, Tomlinson more hardcore Conservative) but they both are firmly career before principles!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12507 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:17:17 »

Thing is, if Johnson gets in who is going to serve in his government, less than 6 months ago 62 Ministers, PPS's etc resigned from his government (many of whom specifically cited a lack of honesty and integrity on the part of Johnson), letters were flying in to the 1922 Committee saying they had no confidence in him etc?

I know they will just pretend it never happened, but the hypocrisy will stink!

I was about to write something similar. It wasn't that long ago that the majority of MPs stated they had no confidence in Boris. Are they now going to say, well the alternative proved to be a disaster, so I think we'll go back to what we have as he's the best of a bad bunch?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12508 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:28:15 »

He won't come back though, he's never getting 100 MPs to back him. There are 50-60 who really loudly back him, but the numbers aren't there.

I really wouldn’t be so sure of that if I was you, they only care about their own careers, any sniff of a junior appointment and an MP will back him. If he gets though to the membership ballot then it’s all over bar the blustering

According to sky news the current endorsements stand at
Sunak 45
Boris 31
Mordaunt 16
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12509 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 09:29:28 »

Spanish equivalent of BBC news 24 is openly laughing about it. It's fucking embarrassing

Americans having a ball as well.

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1583389378042552320
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: