Pages: 1 ... 579 580 581 [582] 583 584 585 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022628 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8715 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 14:24:33 »

Not photoshopped? Different shade to her skin on each foot.
If genuine it's hardly surprising she maybe suffering mentally, considering the abuse she's suffered.
I do think she should step back from frontline politics for her own sake.

If you look at  pictures of her from only 2-3 years ago she has aged considerably and is not looking at all well. Likewise if you look at her political history he has done some bloody impressive stuff that gets completely overlooked by the right.

Good to see that the Mail feel it is necessary to resort to attacking her again today, its a sign of their squeaky bum!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8716 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 14:25:14 »

I see Lee Dixon is getting a kicking for daring to vote Green.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8717 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:02:37 »

If you look at  pictures of her from only 2-3 years ago she has aged considerably and is not looking at all well. Likewise if you look at her political history he has done some bloody impressive stuff that gets completely overlooked by the right.

Good to see that the Mail feel it is necessary to resort to attacking her again today, its a sign of their squeaky bum!

Pretty sure they would have ran the story if it was any candidate and shadow/cabinet minister unable to put on a pair of shoes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8718 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:03:43 »

Pretty sure they would have ran the story if it was any candidate and shadow/cabinet minister unable to put on a pair of shoes.
Not if it was a Tory they wouldn't. Any Labour/Lib Dem candidate, agreed
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8719 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:04:43 »

I know it’s not popular but at some point they are going to have to make people show ID as it’s a bit ridiculous currently. Every time I vote and just get asked for my name and address it reminds me how open to abuse the system is. If people go first thing in the morning someone can pretty much vote as any person they like.  Anyone that doesn’t think there is some election fraud here is very naive, if some group decided to do coordinated fraudulent voting they could probably swing some seats which is just wrong.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8720 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:08:24 »

Not if it was a Tory they wouldn't. Any Labour/Lib Dem candidate, agreed

To be fair the Mail published this....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7292639/Boris-Johnson-seen-barely-able-walk-partying-Russian-billionaires-villa.html

Strangely none of the media seems to have remembered its happening since the election campaign started?
Flashheart

« Reply #8721 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:19:59 »

Some people are claiming it's faked. There's other photos going around of her wearing the 'right' shoes.

Obviously can't be sure of which story is true at this point but it's pretty shitty (and standard) from the daily mail if it does turn out to be fake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8722 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:23:51 »

I know it’s not popular but at some point they are going to have to make people show ID as it’s a bit ridiculous currently. Every time I vote and just get asked for my name and address it reminds me how open to abuse the system is. If people go first thing in the morning someone can pretty much vote as any person they like.  Anyone that doesn’t think there is some election fraud here is very naive, if some group decided to do coordinated fraudulent voting they could probably swing some seats which is just wrong.
There is negligible evidence that electoral fraud based on identity (as opposed to spending violations, a la Vote Leave campaign) is of any significance in this country. Set against that, there are approx 3.5 million people who don't have photo ID and would struggle to get some because they don't drive, can't afford holidays etc. They are overwhelmingly from disadvantaged backgrounds. Which is the Tories are as keen on photo ID for voters as the Repulicans are in the US, they are looking to disenfranchise a section of the electorate they know is unlikely to support them. It has nothing to do with fraud and everything to do with gerrymandering
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8723 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:28:06 »

Looks like that Abbott pic is photoshopped. Some people have too much time on their hands
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8724 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:28:39 »

There is negligible evidence that electoral fraud based on identity (as opposed to spending violations, a la Vote Leave campaign) is of any significance in this country. Set against that, there are approx 3.5 million people who don't have photo ID and would struggle to get some because they don't drive, can't afford holidays etc. They are overwhelmingly from disadvantaged backgrounds. Which is the Tories are as keen on photo ID for voters as the Repulicans are in the US, they are looking to disenfranchise a section of the electorate they know is unlikely to support them. It has nothing to do with fraud and everything to do with gerrymandering
I’m not advocating photo ID, even a bank card or utilities bill would be a start. You have to prove your ID to pick up a parcel at the post office for example do this is no different. In today’s world with technology, the dark internet, foreign powers meddling in politics some form of proving ID is going to have to be implemented at some point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8725 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:33:48 »

I’m not advocating photo ID, even a bank card or utilities bill would be a start.
Not much better than providing name and address then?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8726 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:35:15 »

Some people are claiming it's faked. There's other photos going around of her wearing the 'right' shoes.

Obviously can't be sure of which story is true at this point but it's pretty shitty (and standard) from the daily mail if it does turn out to be fake.

If they are stooping this pathetically low the Tories must be getting jumpy?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8727 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:36:36 »

I’m not advocating photo ID, even a bank card or utilities bill would be a start. You have to prove your ID to pick up a parcel at the post office for example do this is no different. In today’s world with technology, the dark internet, foreign powers meddling in politics some form of proving ID is going to have to be implemented at some point.

I would be as worried about the Tory activists in IDS's constituency telling people outside the polling station that they cannot vote without any ID.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8728 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:40:31 »

Not much better than providing name and address then?
Still makes it harder, I just find it bizarre that for anything else you need to prove ID yet to vote for who runs the country you don’t.  It’ll be implemented eventually as any fraud is too much even if it isn’t widespread.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8729 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 15:42:28 »

I would be as worried about the Tory activists in IDS's constituency telling people outside the polling station that they cannot vote without any ID.
All as bad as each other, Labour activists are handing out flyers at the entrances to some polling stations as well.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 581 [582] 583 584 585 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: