Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022422 times)

Ignore
« Reply #8190 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:13:58 »

We are TOLD it's a problem, but with no real evidence asides from a relative handful of individuals making claims.

An investigation was made that showed that there is no more anti-semitism in the labour party than there is in the general population. But, still, the unsubstantiated claims somehow seem to take precedence.

Corbyn is then attacked for allegedly not dealing with a 'problem' that has not even been demonstrated to exist, despite him openly taking actions to tackle anti-semitism.

Not so long ago I was in the 'He's not an anti-semite but he's not helped himself' camp. I now believe the latter part to be bollocks.

In the meantime, here we are talking about problems in the Labour party and not in the Conservative party. The media have done a reet proper job in steering the discussion exactly where they want it to go.

Completely agree with this..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8191 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:20:11 »

Politics is all to do with opinion and leaning (unfortunately). Pity they didn't concentrate more on the good of the country rather than the playground squabbling. Seems to have rubbed off on here.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8192 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:20:18 »

We are TOLD it's a problem, but with no real evidence asides from a relative handful of individuals making claims.

An investigation was made that showed that there is no more anti-semitism in the labour party than there is in the general population. But, still, the unsubstantiated claims somehow seem to take precedence.

Corbyn is then attacked for allegedly not dealing with a 'problem' that has not even been demonstrated to exist, despite him openly taking actions to tackle anti-semitism.

Not so long ago I was in the 'He's not an anti-semite but he's not helped himself' camp. I now believe the latter part to be bollocks.

In the meantime, here we are talking about problems in the Labour party and not in the Conservative party. The media have done a reet proper job in steering the discussion exactly where they want it to go.

Excellent post.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8193 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:27:18 »

I think relative handful is pushing it a little three senior members and two MP's have been directly censured (Naz Shah, Ken Livingstone and Chris Williamson (and less said about the handling of him by the party leadership the better)) whilst there have been over 800 cases reported for investigation, there has been enough to persuade the Equality and Human Rights Commission to start an investigation which I cannot image they do just for the hell of it, although their silence on the Tories and Islamophobia is rather baffling.

Ultimately if even just a handful of Jewish people are feeling anxious about the actions of the Party it should not just be swept under the carpet. As noted above just because the Tories have major problems does not make it any better for Labour.
Flashheart

« Reply #8194 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:35:45 »

I think relative handful is pushing it a little three senior members and two MP's have been directly censured (Naz Shah, Ken Livingstone and Chris Williamson (and less said about the handling of him by the party leadership the better))

I don't agree.

Those 5 will make up just over 2% of the seats that labour hold. It's also a very small sample size to work with.

whilst there have been over 800 cases reported for investigation,

Of a membership of 400,000 people. Again, about 2%. And how many of those complaints are even genuine?

Ultimately if even just a handful of Jewish people are feeling anxious about the actions of the Party it should not just be swept under the carpet.

Swept under the carpet? Genuine instances of antisemitism have been dealt with. People have been thrown out of the party. Corbyn makes it very open that he is doing such. How is it being swept under the carpet?

In addition, labour are literally launching a policy today that will help to deal with exactly this kind of thing. Not only in the party but also in the general popualtion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8195 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:49:14 »

Muslim council now grieving it back at Johnson
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8196 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:51:12 »

Meanwhile Dominic Raab's flunkies prevented the family of Harry Dunn (the lad killed by the wife of a US spy who's case the Foreign Office Raab heads completely mishandled) from attending the hustings in his constituency for fear they would criticise him. Classy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50553055
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8197 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 12:57:18 »

Muslim council now grieving it back at Johnson

Obviously nobody has put it onto their actual news websites, just discussed on twitter instead...
Flashheart

« Reply #8198 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:13:52 »

Obviously nobody has put it onto their actual news websites, just discussed on twitter instead...

2 mentions of it on the Beeb's politics section, as opposed to the (now more than) 19 on anti-semitism.

I had to go back a couple of pages to find them because they have already been pushed down by articles about - guess what.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8199 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:14:04 »

In addition, labour are literally launching a policy today that will help to deal with exactly this kind of thing. Not only in the party but also in the general popualtion.

A policy which seems to suggest that the independent body that is presently investigating them for anti-Semitism is not truly independent enough... You really couldn't make it up.

I don't actually have a dog in the fight as a vote for Labour here is a vote for Johnson, but I still just don't buy the argument that the number of Jewish organisations that have come out and raised and concerns and the fact that the EHRC have deemed it necessary to investigate can be laid down at 'just a few bad eggs', some manner of anti-corbyn conspiracy or down to the media.

But then again I am white non-religious so I have thankfully never been a victim of any such prejudice so probably not really qualified to comment.

Flashheart

« Reply #8200 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:15:59 »

can be laid down at 'just a few bad eggs',

2%
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8201 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:18:16 »

I was talking about this with the wife earlier watching breakfast news. Did BJ not state in the Tory leader debate that he was going to put something in place to flush out Islamophobia in the Tory Party but implementing something or other. Did that ever happen?

It got lost in the whole mess when he was appointed, and the Saj who had made a (laudable for a change) massive fuss about it in the leadership campaign went suddenly quiet on the matter when he was offered a plum cabinet post!

Alternatively, being mischievous and as conspiracy is all the rage, Johnson is still waiting for Shami Chakrabarti to find a slot in her diary to find time to do the Inquiry?

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8202 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 13:57:11 »

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8203 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 14:19:32 »

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8204 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 14:21:13 »

So despite the paranoid way its being reported by many he isn't Johnson's 'friend' and just gave the usual plaudits about someone being a friend and champion of the Jewish community?
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: