Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2021921 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7635 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:46:52 »

Its amazing how quickly the 'Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser' bunch shut up when you present them with news articles about Thatcher's government negotating with the IRA on the down-low, whilst they were saying publicly they would never negotiate with terrorists...

As noted above the Tory Manifesto is being co-authored by Munira Mirza, who started out in the Revolutionary Communist Party who were very pro IRA, Claire Fox (now a Farage Ltd MEP along with 3 others) being the person most prominently associated with that. The group are still all linked via writing for the Spiked website.
REDBUCK

« Reply #7636 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 16:06:19 »

The Lib Dems were part of the coalition that implemented austerity.
Their role shouldn't be forgotten. The voting record in the commons of their now leader should also be noted.

Which makes their lurch to a one policy election all very odd
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7637 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 17:01:44 »

Serious question, seeing as Farage is taking an opportunity to put himself in the limelight again...

If NF is so confident of achieving much of the Tory vote from seats across the United Kingdom, why then are Tory MPs defecting to any party (to my knowledge) other than the Brexit Party?

Maybe I'm missing something but surely if you're so confident of taking seats, why haven't hard line Conservative Brexiteers defected to the BP already?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7638 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 17:05:57 »

Serious question, seeing as Farage is taking an opportunity to put himself in the limelight again...

If NF is so confident of achieving much of the Tory vote from seats across the United Kingdom, why then are Tory MPs defecting to any party (to my knowledge) other than the Brexit Party?

Maybe I'm missing something but surely if you're so confident of taking seats, why haven't hard line Conservative Brexiteers defected to the BP already?
Because as Ian Duncan Smith said earlier this week "We are the Brexit Party now". They have effectively completed their hijack of the Tories from the Conservative and Unionist Party into a hard right English Nationalist Party
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7639 on: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 12:21:50 »

Because as Ian Duncan Smith said earlier this week "We are the Brexit Party now". They have effectively completed their hijack of the Tories from the Conservative and Unionist Party into a hard right English Nationalist Party

Well yes, in all but name. Except technically they are still two (and I use it loosely) different parties.

Farage is purely just doing this to keep himself in the limelight. How he spins it is his prerogative. The longer "Brexit" goes on - the longer he picks up a nice salary from the EU.

It would be laughable if it weren't so ridiculous. He wants Brexit to remain a farce so all focus can be on him. With quotes like "we should be out already...", "Hard Brexit is the only way.", "We should form a coalition with Tories" and similar words that have and likely will continue to come out of his over privileged, rancid gob.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7640 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 11:47:51 »

Well yes, in all but name. Except technically they are still two (and I use it loosely) different parties.

Farage is purely just doing this to keep himself in the limelight. How he spins it is his prerogative. The longer "Brexit" goes on - the longer he picks up a nice salary from the EU.

It would be laughable if it weren't so ridiculous. He wants Brexit to remain a farce so all focus can be on him. With quotes like "we should be out already...", "Hard Brexit is the only way.", "We should form a coalition with Tories" and similar words that have and likely will continue to come out of his over privileged, rancid gob.

So Fartage, isn't going to stand as a candidate in December.... apparently the Tories have offered him a peerage to buy him off.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7641 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 12:54:45 »

So Fartage, isn't going to stand as a candidate in December.... apparently the Tories have offered him a peerage to buy him off.

Well if that's his trade off, it's an easy buy out for the Tories. Although him becoming a peer we would all know about it. The BBC would masturbate for months, no years off it. QT would get in a lather putting up tittles like "Lord Farage of Orpingtonshire".

It's fucking laughable that a 'leader' of a political party won't be standing. How can anyone take it seriously if the guy at the helm won't stand? It's pure spin and those in public who are gullible will fall for it again and again. Clever (to a degree) from Farage. It is about time he fucked off into the political shadows though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7642 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 13:07:26 »

Like Trump, Farage is a campaigner rather than a politician.  Although in Trump's case, he managed somehow to get himself elected and has probably been regretting it ever since.  Makes sense to me.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #7643 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 13:11:42 »

Smiley

https://twitter.com/politicsjoe_uk/status/1190959945199620096?s=21

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7644 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 13:12:26 »

Like Trump, Farage is a campaigner rather than a politician.  Although in Trump's case, he managed somehow to get himself elected and has probably been regretting it ever since.  Makes sense to me.

Oh I do get what he's about. It's more so that a chunk of the public continually fall for this bullshit. It's like someone who repeatedly goes back to their dog shit partner, who hasn't the slightest interest in them or their well being.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7645 on: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 14:58:52 »

I wonder, is it a precondition to being a leading Brexiteer to be a massive fucking bottler as well as a liar, or just a coincidence that they all are?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7646 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 11:00:36 »

Johnson still refusing to sign off release of Select Committee report on Russian interference in UK politics as questions emerge over his chief adviser's years spent working in Russia. What have they got to hide?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50275383
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7647 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 11:34:36 »

Which is an admission of a criminal offence?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7648 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 11:44:46 »

Which is an admission of a criminal offence?

I doubt it....  any old dross can be dumped in the Lords. Look at your lot over a hundred peers, and a dozen or so MP's.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7649 on: Monday, November 4, 2019, 13:43:08 »

Johnson still refusing to sign off release of Select Committee report on Russian interference in UK politics as questions emerge over his chief adviser's years spent working in Russia. What have they got to hide?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50275383
Now there's a surprise, No 10 have decided not to permit publication of the report into Russian interference. Speculation on twitter that it contains evidence of collusion between Johnson and/or Cummings with Russian interests during the Leave campaign  and since and that's why they're trying to cover it up.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: