Pages: 1 ... 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022865 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #7620 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:11:14 »

How has Swindon declined under Tory rule? The town centre is a bit ropey but nothing else has got worse, most areas have stayed pretty much the same. Be interested to know how it would be any different under any other party. It wouldn't.

Open your eyes.  Those of us who live centrally now have to pay extra council tax to fund the Tory-invented new Parish Council.  We were promised this additional tax would fund grass-and-hedge-cutting, graffiti-removal, fly-tipping removal, litter-picking etc.

Absolutely no evidence of that at all - weeds growing a foot high in pavement cracks, graffiti tags everywhere, fly-tipping in the same spots week-in, week-out but nothing done to catch or deter the offenders.  I've lived in the same house for 16 years and its the relatively low-level stuff like this that taken collectively makes a place feel worse. 

It's definitely declined yet I'm paying significantly more council tax than ever before.

Ignore
« Reply #7621 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:26:03 »

How has Swindon declined under Tory rule? The town centre is a bit ropey but nothing else has got worse, most areas have stayed pretty much the same. Be interested to know how it would be any different under any other party. It wouldn't.

Cuts to police numbers, closing gp practices, school staff cuts, social care cuts, children's centres gone, etc etc.

It would be different as we wouldn't have had austerity.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #7622 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:30:55 »

Even Jezzers own brother thinks he’s a bellend...

You didn't watch your own link did you?!

I'd not heard of his brother before but it's clear that he is supportive.

"My brother is the best person to negotiate a Brexit deal"
"My brother has a very, very good understanding of European politics"
"The powers that be a trying to stop him winning an election by surrounding it other things or having a Brexit election"
REDBUCK

« Reply #7623 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:41:18 »

Cuts to police numbers, closing gp practices, school staff cuts, social care cuts, children's centres gone, etc etc.

It would be different as we wouldn't have had austerity.

Do you really believe that we would have had no austerity at all after the financial collapse in 2008/2010 if anyone othrr than the Tory's had got in in the three election since

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7624 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:53:05 »

Do you really believe that we would have had no austerity at all after the financial collapse in 2008/2010 if anyone othrr than the Tory's had got in in the three election since

Despite what many revisionists like to suggest, there would have been some austerity whoever was in power, one only has to look at the 2015 manifesto's and all advocate that cutting is needed.

What has set the Tory cuts aside is that a) they seem to have been ideologically rather than evidence driven (see what the UN guy said) and b) the deficit has actually gone through the roof despite the cuts, further emphasising that they have not been economically driven?

As for the question as to whether things are declining rough sleeping has gone through the roof!

Ignore
« Reply #7625 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 12:53:47 »

It would have been far less severe.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7626 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:12:59 »

We would always have had austerity measures.

Under Labour/LD they would likely have been less severe (which I think may have proved to be an error)

Under Labour/LD they would likely have ended earlier (which I'm confident would have been exponentially better)
Flashheart

« Reply #7627 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:15:59 »

There's austerity.

And then there's Tory austerity (while giving tax cuts to their rich mates).

Ignore
« Reply #7628 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:23:35 »

We would always have had austerity measures.

Under Labour/LD they would likely have been less severe (which I think may have proved to be an error)

Under Labour/LD they would likely have ended earlier (which I'm confident would have been exponentially better)

The Lib Dems were part of the coalition that implemented austerity.
Their role shouldn't be forgotten. The voting record in the commons of their now leader should also be noted.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7629 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:24:09 »

Is Hobodan that young lad they planted on Question Time last night? Heavy use of the term Marxist. Uncanny.

This guy, he's a working class lad don't you know.... 

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7630 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:25:47 »

Interesting in the FT today

An analysis by the Financial Times of the opinion polls suggests Mr Johnson’s party is facing an electoral landscape hardly changed since the 2017 election was called. Labour was polling on 25 per cent on Tuesday, exactly the same level as when Mrs May called her snap vote. Worryingly for Mr Johnson, however, the Conservatives are significantly further behind than at the start of the last campaign. Whereas the Tories were polling 44 per cent on the day the previous election was called, they are currently projected to garner 36 per cent share of the vote.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7631 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:33:39 »

This guy, he's a working class lad don't you know.... 

That's the beaver! Straight out of the Paul Nuthall copybook. Looks a bit "Tomy Robinson" lite.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7632 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:36:44 »

As for the question as to whether things are declining rough sleeping has gone through the roof!
And so have the numbers of rough sleepers dying. There's been a 51% increase in homeless deaths since 2013 nationally and Swindon is currently running at a 50% higher death rate for the homeless than the national average. That should shame us all, there should be no need for anyone to be homeless in the UK in this day and age, much less dying on our streets
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7633 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:37:57 »

Its amazing how quickly the 'Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser' bunch shut up when you present them with news articles about Thatcher's government negotating with the IRA on the down-low, whilst they were saying publicly they would never negotiate with terrorists...

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7634 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 13:38:23 »

I think I said it last time out and possibly when talk of another election reared it's head again. We're heading the same way in terms of election result; NOC/Hung Parliament

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: