Pages: 1 ... 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2021910 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7545 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:30:59 »

Until somebody does provide evidence - I will just disregard it as yet another example of the press doing what they can to smear Corbyn. Successfully so.

It's not just the press though is it? There's plenty of prominent, long serving Jewish Labour supporters, MPs and campaigning organisations who've all expressed concerns ranging from disquiet to resigning through to the Jewish Labour Movement refusing to campaign for Labour in the election. Labour can continue to try to ignore the issue and shout about "nothing to see here" but it's not going away and it is hurting them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7546 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:32:07 »

I even think that's bullshit:

Antisemitism_in_the_UK_Labour_Party

I see lots of claims that there Labour has more of a problem than any other party - but no evidence.

Until somebody does provide evidence - I will just disregard it as yet another example of the press doing what they can to smear Corbyn. Successfully so. He gets criticised for not tackling a problem that appears to be fabricated and, when he does take action (which he does), it gets ignored.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7547 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:32:42 »

How you all surviving out there, I recall that it we didn't leave the EU today we were assured that there would be riots and Britain would explode?

Keep safe people!

My biggest concern is that Katie Hopkins is set to follow through on a promise to pose topless if we didn’t leave by today
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7548 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:34:03 »

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-antisemitism-political-parties

Polls from 2015: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/921pn4p2fh/CampaignAgainstAntisemitismResults_MergedFile_W.pdf
Polls from 2017: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/bs0i5dmt7s/CampaignAgainstAntisemitismResults_170803_JewishOpinions.pdf

Both Polls conducted by Yougov. Conclusion; anti-semitism has reduced under Labour, yet people (especially British Jews) 'feel' like it has increased.

You may draw your own conclusions from the data.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7549 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:36:52 »

My biggest concern is that Katie Hopkins is set to follow through on a promise to pose topless if we didn’t leave by today

I was shocked to discover that she is the same age as me, hate really does age you prematurely doesn't it!
Flashheart

« Reply #7550 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:37:18 »

It's not just the press though is it? There's plenty of prominent, long serving Jewish Labour supporters, MPs and campaigning organisations who've all expressed concerns ranging from disquiet to resigning through to the Jewish Labour Movement refusing to campaign for Labour in the election. Labour can continue to try to ignore the issue and shout about "nothing to see here" but it's not going away and it is hurting them.

None of whom have presented a shred of evidence themselves.

I think some have just been whipped up into a frenzy by what they read in the papers. Others have ulterior motives.

All it takes is for me to change my mind is for somebody to produce some actual evidence. If there is some, why has nobody presented it yet?

I'm sure there are some anti-semites in the labour party. It is inevtiable, after all they have a membership of 400k. But why has nobody presented evidence of it being a) inherent and b) not being dealt with? All we have is claims.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7551 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:37:43 »

That would indeed be a Halloween fright

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #7552 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:48:59 »

The closest I have seen of evidence is Corbyn making a speech which referred to a certain section of Jews as zionists.

But there is a section of Jews that fall under that category, and he was clearly speaking about those specific people. Instead, it is made out that he used the term in a derogatory manner and he was applying the term to all Jews.

It's bullshit - he literally used the term as it was meant to be used. It is other people that interpreted it to mean something else.

The press had a good time with that one. And I think that some of those in his own party that were using it as a stick to hit him with knew themselves that it was bullshit, only it's in their own best interests to jump on the band-wagon.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #7553 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:52:20 »

Corbys on fire today, he’s going after the tax dodgers and dodgy landlords and going to pull down a corrupt system, sounds great, who’s in charge? Oh him and McDonnell? Hmm
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #7554 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:56:15 »

Not surprisingly Labour's Jewish affiliate are not backing the election campaign, rightly so as far as I'm concerned...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/general-elec...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7555 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:59:38 »

The closest I have seen of evidence is Corbyn making a speech which referred to a certain section of Jews as zionists.

But there is a section of Jews that fall under that category, and he was clearly speaking about those specific people. Instead, it is made out that he used the term in a derogatory manner and he was applying the term to all Jews.

It's bullshit - he literally used the term as it was meant to be used. It is other people that interpreted it to mean something else.

The press had a good time with that one. And I think that some of those in his own party that were using it as a stick to hit him with knew themselves that it was bullshit, only it's in their own best interests to jump on the band-wagon.
I agree totally, I think most of the anti semitism that they are accused of is almost entirely based upon Corbyn condemning the Isreali attacks on Palestine.

In their minds if you do not agree with the attacks then by association that makes you anti semitic. No it doesn't, it makes you a humanitarian.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7556 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 12:00:18 »

None of whom have presented a shred of evidence themselves.

I think some have just been whipped up into a frenzy by what they read in the papers. Others have ulterior motives.

All it takes is for me to change my mind is for somebody to produce some actual evidence. If there is some, why has nobody presented it yet?

I'm sure there are some anti-semites in the labour party. It is inevtiable, after all they have a membership of 400k. But why has nobody presented evidence of it being a) inherent and b) not being dealt with? All we have is claims.

So basically it's fake news.....
Flashheart

« Reply #7557 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 12:02:08 »

So basically it's fake news.....

As far as I can tell... yes. Yes it is.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7558 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 12:06:01 »

I agree totally, I think most of the anti semitism that they are accused of is almost entirely based upon Corbyn condemning the Isreali attacks on Palestine.

In their minds if you do not agree with the attacks then by association that makes you anti semitic. No it doesn't, it makes you a humanitarian.

I think that there is an element there of you also selecting the facts to suit your narrative.  The criticism that I note (reflecting my own narrative to be fair) is not that Corbyn and others condemn Jewish atrocities but that they fail to condemn Hamas etc. atrocities with even remotely the same zeal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7559 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 12:07:05 »

It's not, it's largely focused around Corbyn supporters failing to recognise the distinction between legitimate criiticism of the Israeli govt (which is fucking appalling) and blurring into more general "Jewish conspiracy" territory. The left generally has long had a problem with this but failed to recognise it because "we're anti-racist so we can't possibly be anti-semitic". The criticism of Corbyn is that he fails to deal with it because it's coming from his allies and supporters (and that possibly he doesn't recognise where the boundary lies either- NB not my view personally).
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: