Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022111 times)

Ignore
« Reply #7530 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 09:17:43 »

I know a literal astrophysicist that does this, somebody that I know to be a strong debater on certain other topics. He's even endorsed Daily Mail articles despite disregarding the DM as untrustworthy when cited in other, non-political discussions.

When it suits then I suppose.

It's the same with the anti semitic smears. Corbyn has fought their corner his entire political career. Now he's called anti Jewish and bigoted towards them. Utter lies.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #7531 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 09:21:26 »

Nice balanced forum as ever I see......

Now then brothers, one out all out!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7532 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:16:13 »

Nice balanced forum as ever I see......

Now then brothers, one out all out!!
Maybe you could contribute to the thread then and provide that balance?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7533 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:18:10 »

When it suits then I suppose.

It's the same with the anti semitic smears. Corbyn has fought their corner his entire political career. Now he's called anti Jewish and bigoted towards them. Utter lies.

Its been over egged, however he does seem to have a bloody great blind spot regarding the issue in the party and also an unfortunately habit of finding himself endorsing or at least not condoning some dodgy stuff, too many things have been put down to him being unfortunate or being accidentally in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Both parties have these issues with parts of their wider membership, Islam for the blue lot and Judaism for the red team, however it does sum up the media when one compares Corbyn with some of the racist and homophobic stuff Johnson has come out with which is barely mentioned in the media.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7534 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:43:20 »

Superb. The Tories have apparently decided on #BritainDeservesBetter as their election hashtag. You've been in power for the past 9 years, you fucking idiots.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7535 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:45:34 »

I think they missed "opposition" off the end  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7536 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:47:23 »

I think they missed "opposition" off the end  Smiley
Well they've been missing "government" since the start so maybe. They're right though, Britain does indeed deserve better than that bunch of lying self-serving charlatans.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7537 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:50:54 »

All parties can fall into that category. It's why I hate politics
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:53:13 by 4D » Logged
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #7538 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:58:14 »

he does seem to have a bloody great blind spot regarding the issue in the party

How?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7539 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 10:59:03 »

All parties can fall into that category. It's why I hate politics
To some extent. But Johnson is out in a category all of his own, perhaps shared with Trump.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7540 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:07:10 »

How?
Until Labour and it's supporters are prepared to admit that it has a problem with anti-Semitism instead of continually sticking their heads in the sand and denying there's an issue, you're going to continue to be dogged by this issue. The Jewish Labour Movement, Louise Ellman, Luciana Berger etc etc etc can't all be dismissed as being right wing trolls. As a party you have a problem, you need to confront it and be seen to be doing so. Denial isn't helping you.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7541 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:25:31 »

Agreed, the Corbynista’s on here back your point up completely.

The issue isn’t completely a media made up one, there is a real issue that has failed to be dealt with time and time again

Ignore
« Reply #7542 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:26:28 »

Until Labour and it's supporters are prepared to admit that it has a problem with anti-Semitism instead of continually sticking their heads in the sand and denying there's an issue, you're going to continue to be dogged by this issue. The Jewish Labour Movement, Louise Ellman, Luciana Berger etc etc etc can't all be dismissed as being right wing trolls. As a party you have a problem, you need to confront it and be seen to be doing so. Denial isn't helping you.

Don't you think it's been blown out of all proportion? Any anti semitism is very few people and no more than its ever been. This is all stemmed from Israeli supporters due the criticism of their regime, which was then twisted into anti semitism. Why on earth would Labour be a party of anti semitism? It just doesn't add up.
Flashheart

« Reply #7543 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:27:51 »

I even think that's bullshit:

Antisemitism_in_the_UK_Labour_Party

The Home Affairs Select Committee held an inquiry into antisemitism in the United Kingdom in the same year and found "no reliable, empirical evidence to support the notion that there is a higher prevalence of antisemitic attitudes within the Labour Party than any other political party

I see lots of claims that there Labour has more of a problem than any other party - but no evidence.

Until somebody does provide evidence - I will just disregard it as yet another example of the press doing what they can to smear Corbyn. Successfully so. He gets criticised for not tackling a problem that appears to be fabricated and, when he does take action (which he does), it gets ignored.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7544 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 11:30:26 »

How you all surviving out there, I recall that it we didn't leave the EU today we were assured that there would be riots and Britain would explode?

Keep safe people!
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: