Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022113 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7515 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 13:44:59 »

I have a deep sense of foreboding about this election.  After a decade of Tory rule, and a Tory manifesto that will pledge to force through an agenda (Brexit) that it knows to be economically catastrophic - there's an open goal, right there.

But the opposition are in such disarray, that the open goal will be missed.  Corbyn's weakness on Brexit will be Labour's undoing.  And I'm fairly sure the Tories will mop up as a result.  FPTP will see them through.
Flashheart

« Reply #7516 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 16:30:59 »

Tory MPs mocking Corbyn for the colour of his (bright green) tie - which he was wearing to show solidarity for the Grenfell victims.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7517 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 17:11:26 »

Tory MPs mocking Corbyn for the colour of his (bright green) tie - which he was wearing to show solidarity for the Grenfell victims.

Its unknown for me to say anything positive about Theresa May, but to her rare credit she was fuming with her colleagues about it!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7518 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 18:20:48 »

Dick Braine quits as UKIP leader.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/30/richard-braine-quits-ukip-leader-after-less-than-three-months
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7519 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 18:41:38 »

To be replaced by Willy Cummings.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7520 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 20:31:30 »

In a rare case of social media platforms understanding their place in modern society, and particularly how they can be abused, Twitter are banning all paid political adverts from 22nd November. Comes at a time when zuckerberg is being grilled in Washington On that very issue at the moment (and not looking very convincing in answering from what I’ve seen)

I know its only a small segment of the big political outreach pie, and I’m sure the people paid big bucks to figure out ways around this will soon do so, but the timing is a bit interesting given it comes into effect slap bang in the middle of our election campaigning season

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7521 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 20:33:55 »

And to add to that, just read that 2017 campaigning spent £3.7m on Facebook ads - £50k on twitter. So probably won’t have much of an effect, but a good step nonetheless

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7522 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 07:48:37 »

Happy Ditch Day everyone! Assume the nation will now enter a period of mourning for our late PM when his body is recovered from the relevant ditch in accordance with his solemn pledge #ditchMeansDitch
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7523 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 07:50:30 »

you can tell when Boris is lying. his lips move
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7524 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 08:20:02 »

Happy Ditch Day everyone! Assume the nation will now enter a period of mourning for our late PM when his body is recovered from the relevant ditch in accordance with his solemn pledge #ditchMeansDitch
In the interests of political balance, this Halloween:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIJJs6SX0AgczQ3.png
Flashheart

« Reply #7525 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 08:37:24 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Gatland

Oops - "a post she resigned from after being exposed as a former member of the Irish Republican Army (IRA).[1]

I suppose those calling Corbyn a traitor will be wanting to know why there is an ACTUAL former IRA member working as a councillor for the Tory party?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7526 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 08:45:52 »

The political journey from being a member of the IRA to a Conservative councillor is... intriguing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7527 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 09:07:07 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Gatland

Oops - "a post she resigned from after being exposed as a former member of the Irish Republican Army (IRA).[1]

I suppose those calling Corbyn a traitor will be wanting to know what there is an ACTUAL former IRA member working as a councillor for the Tory party?

Not to mention Claire Fox, one time leading light of the Revolutionary Communist Party who applauded the IRA bombing of Warrington, now represents the area as a Brexit Party MEP for the Northwest

Ignore
« Reply #7528 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 09:08:48 »

Corbyn gets called a terrorist sympathiser and IRA supporter by brainless idiots. He was openly talking to Sinn Fein members as he had nothing to hide and was trying to get solutions for peace. At the same time Maggie Thatcher was telling the e public she doesn't talk to terrorist's while secretly meeting with the IRA.
Flashheart

« Reply #7529 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 09:14:15 »

Corbyn gets called a terrorist sympathiser and IRA supporter by brainless idiots.

I know a literal astrophysicist that does this, somebody that I know to be a strong debater on certain other topics. He's even endorsed Daily Mail articles despite disregarding the DM as untrustworthy when cited in other, non-political discussions.

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: