Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022154 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7470 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 13:59:31 »

Have you maybe made quite a jump from thinking "I don't like him/I don't think he can win an election" to saying "they should get rid of him/Corbyn is a liability who will prevent Labour from being elected"?
I don't think so. I know a good few people who share my misgivings. If it was just me, fair enough, but I don't think I'm alone in finding Corbyn a liability. The fact that he polls as the most unpopular leader in the history of the Labour party must give you some cause for concern. (And yes I know polls can be wrong, but I don't think they're that far out in this instance). He had his moment in 2017 and he wasted it, largely by being weak and vacillating over Brexit and failing to act decisively on anti-semitism. Now he's just dragging the party down with him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7471 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:03:44 »

But they do. About 99% of what they say is fucking bollocks.

His biggest fault as far as I can tell is being indecisive on Brexit. Other than that it's cunts believing what other cunts have written in newspapers.

How bloody dare he......
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7472 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:15:40 »

I don't think so. I know a good few people who share my misgivings. If it was just me, fair enough, but I don't think I'm alone in finding Corbyn a liability. The fact that he polls as the most unpopular leader in the history of the Labour party must give you some cause for concern. (And yes I know polls can be wrong, but I don't think they're that far out in this instance). He had his moment in 2017 and he wasted it, largely by being weak and vacillating over Brexit and failing to act decisively on anti-semitism. Now he's just dragging the party down with him.

For the record, I'm one potential Labour voter who would only support Corbyn if tactics absolutely required it. Not that my view counts.

And to throw a name into the ring, I could easily get behind David Lammy.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7473 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:17:54 »

How bloody dare he......
That's a disgraceful lie. 4 days to Brexit my arse, it's fucking months off yet Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7474 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:32:12 »

How bloody dare he......

Quite, that appears to be a single use plastic cup...

Any politico knows that's enough to rule you outbof office...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2019/oct/01/no-disposable-cups-aide-snatches-coffee-from-boris-johnsons-hand-video
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7475 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 14:36:34 »

For the record, I'm one potential Labour voter who would only support Corbyn if tactics absolutely required it. Not that my view counts.

And to throw a name into the ring, I could easily get behind David Lammy.

The fact that for many vociferous cultists on Twitter Rebecca Long-Bailey seems to be the anointed one says a lot about the dearth of talent in the ideologically pure enough upper echelons of the red party.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7476 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 16:02:50 »

Labour are currently projected to lose seats from the last GE... against this government! If I didn't know better I'd think it was deliberate.

Btw, he's not perfect, but Keir Starmer is Labour's best bet (imho).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7477 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 19:28:20 »

Labour are currently projected to lose seats from the last GE... against this government! If I didn't know better I'd think it was deliberate.

Btw, he's not perfect, but Keir Starmer is Labour's best bet (imho).

When you consider that we're almost a decade in to Tory rule, and that the Tories are pursuing a goal that they know to be economically ruinous and that will probably lead to the break up of the country - it's just astonishing.  Corbyn's place in history as the most inept opposition leader will be assured.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7478 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 20:00:36 »

Keith Vaz suspended after his offering to buy cocaine for 2 rentboys scandal.

Should be fucking sacked imo
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7479 on: Monday, October 28, 2019, 20:03:03 »

Keith Vaz suspended after his offering to buy cocaine for 2 rentboys scandal.

Should be fucking sacked imo
I don't think they can. Even when MPs go to jail, they can't be sacked as such, but can face a recall petition. The idea being that only their constituents who voted them in have the power to sack them as an MP. I'm sure someone will correct me if I have this wrong Smiley
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7480 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:28:39 »

I don't think so. I know a good few people who share my misgivings. If it was just me, fair enough, but I don't think I'm alone in finding Corbyn a liability.

You talk about "a good few people".  They are everywhere.

I have a family of 4.  Up to and including the 2015 election we were: 1 always votes Tory, 2 'always' vote Labour, I am the swing voter (Labour 6 times, Tory 3 times) based purely on whether Labour had a credible offering.

In 2017 we voted 2 x LD and 2 x Tory.  In Dec we will probably be 3 x LD and 1 x Tory.

No other Labour leader in history would have stopped 3 of us voting Labour.  Faced with Boris I would have voted for Foot or Kinnoch (my 3 Tory votes to date).  

Labour should be looking at a landslide.  They are hoping for a coalition at best.  It's a joke.

How people can sit there blaming the press for this is beyond me.

Anyone from Keir Starmer onwards towards the centre-left would do just fine.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7481 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:34:18 »

Labour should be looking at a landslide. 

They are, unfortunately its coming towards them at a great rate and going to engulf them!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7482 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:38:54 »

They are, unfortunately its coming towards them at a great rate and going to engulf them!

The problem is that if it happens then it will engulf all of us too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7483 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:44:52 »

You talk about "a good few people".  They are everywhere.

I have a family of 4.  Up to and including the 2015 election we were: 1 always votes Tory, 2 'always' vote Labour, I am the swing voter (Labour 6 times, Tory 3 times) based purely on whether Labour had a credible offering.

In 2017 we voted 2 x LD and 2 x Tory.  In Dec we will probably be 3 x LD and 1 x Tory.

No other Labour leader in history would have stopped 3 of us voting Labour.  Faced with Boris I would have voted for Foot or Kinnoch (my 3 Tory votes to date). 

Labour should be looking at a landslide.  They are hoping for a coalition at best.  It's a joke.

How people can sit there blaming the press for this is beyond me.

Anyone from Keir Starmer onwards towards the centre-left would do just fine.

Thank you Pax, this typifies exactly what I was talking about. As you say, any half way credible opposition would be looking at a landslide that would see the Tories discredited and out of office for a decade or more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7484 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 09:59:21 »

The problem is that if it happens then it will engulf all of us too.

It's what you get if it's what you vote for... whoever you try and blame, the country has in recent years moved further to the right in terms of attitudes, you can see it in polls like those who want Brexit and are quite happy to see the economic hit and the break up of union.

They want, a more American style system, presidential, low tax, fuck the underclass as long as I'm doing alright, and lock them up for a long time if they offend.

The traditional North European social democracy is seen as failing.... it's expensive.

Johnson unlike Corbyn, is only in it for himself, he knows the votes lie well to the right and so is trying to position himself there.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: