Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022059 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5685 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:30:14 »

Go to something like https://compressjpeg.com/ and it will compress your files/jpeg/gif/pdf etc for you. Especially if you don't know how to do it yourself or can't be arsed. It will make your pics come under 1000kb/1mb.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5686 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:49:21 »

I received my polling card today for Swindon Borough elections on your 2nd May.
Do you have a different calendar to the rest of us then? "One of your earth months" Alien
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5687 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:57:04 »

You have a long memory, Reg.  I have supported the Lib Dems in the past and I'm still sympathetic to a lot of what they stand for, but they didn't get my vote in 2017.

The indicative votes process seems to have been very flawed.  As Ken Clarke pointed out, many supporters of one option voted against their 2nd best option in fear that their main preference would lose ground.  So, for example, many supporters of a confirmatory referendum voted against the Common Market 2.0 option - even though many will have been broadly supportive of it.  I don't doubt that what you say about the Lib Dems is true and, that being the case, that they screwed up.

Never underestimate the ability of the Corbynsita to remember the Lib Dems when it is handy to ignore the anointed one actively delivering the Brexit of JRM, Johnson and Gove for so long.

FWIW the majority abstained on the Customs Union one and it was split on the CM2 one, but hey ho.

The Lib Dems, like many got tied up in the way you describe above and its time for the MP's supporting softer options to get their houses and order and stop voting against what they don't like and strat considering what would actually be least damaging to the country as a whole

As we are in a questioning mood, I would be interested in hearing Regs thoughts of the 24 Labour MP's who voted against the 3 line whip on the confirmatory vote, which if they had followed would have been more than enough to get that over the line?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5688 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 12:07:00 »

It should also be noted given the closeness of the votes on Common Market 2 and Customs Union that the Lib Dems, who are supported by several leading voices on here voted against.

Some of the Lib Dems. Norman Lamb, who is leading the very small field for the title of my favourite MP, voted in favour. As did Farron.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5689 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 12:07:41 »

Never underestimate the ability of the Corbynsita to remember the Lib Dems when it is handy to ignore the anointed one actively delivering the Brexit of JRM, Johnson and Gove for so long.

FWIW the majority abstained on the Customs Union one and it was split on the CM2 one, but hey ho.

The Lib Dems, like many got tied up in the way you describe above and its time for the MP's supporting softer options to get their houses and order and stop voting against what they don't like and strat considering what would actually be least damaging to the country as a whole

As we are in a questioning mood, I would be interested in hearing Regs thoughts of the 24 Labour MP's who voted against the 3 line whip on the confirmatory vote, which if they had followed would have been more than enough to get that over the line?

I would guess, and I don't know that they are from heavy referendum leave constituencies and feel obliged to follow the advice of their electorate.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5690 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 12:23:38 »

Some of the Lib Dems. Norman Lamb, who is leading the very small field for the title of my favourite MP, voted in favour. As did Farron.

Surprised to hear Farron is still a Lib Dem, let alone an MP given his views on homosexuality.....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5691 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 12:30:40 »

Richard Price
Leigh McMillan
Kristopher Allan
John Broomfield

They just cannot help themselves can they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-47693525
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5692 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 13:58:09 »

They just cannot help themselves can they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-47693525
Beeb have put up a longer piece on the "Nazi terrorist paedo", frightening:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-44798649
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5693 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 14:07:20 »

The far right and paedophilia. Name a more iconic duo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5694 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 14:10:16 »

Fritzel and his daughters?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5695 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 14:25:21 »

Fritzel and his daughters?

Fritzel Senior (Elisabeth's grandfather) - literally a nazi.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5696 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 14:27:03 »

aaah, I see. QED
Combe Up

« Reply #5697 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 14:58:07 »

Go to something like https://compressjpeg.com/ and it will compress your files/jpeg/gif/pdf etc for you. Especially if you don't know how to do it yourself or can't be arsed. It will make your pics come under 1000kb/1mb.
Thank you but I still get a "413 entity too large" message. I'll show them to you in The Merlin
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5698 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 15:02:27 »

Go to https://imgur.com/upload, upload it there and copy the link.

Things get better but they never get good
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5699 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 15:25:56 »

Helpful graphic showing where the blockages on the indicative votes have been coming from.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: