Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022888 times)
Combe Up

« Reply #5670 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 07:43:07 »

I went to the European Parliament in Brussels yesterday. I made my protest outside the European Commission and INSIDE the "hemicycle" debating chamber of the parliament. I made my point that they should NOT have extended beyond 29th March 2019. No deal - let's get on with it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5671 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 07:48:26 »

Oh well that will sort it out then. INSIDE the hemicycle? Blimey, Barnier won't be able to cave in fast enough
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5672 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 07:59:50 »

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5673 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 08:03:45 »

I guess we should be grateful he didn't get his arse out in the Commons. Lots of arseholes on show there last night, very few of them in the public gallery
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5674 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 08:25:22 »

I went to the European Parliament in Brussels yesterday. I made my protest outside the European Commission and INSIDE the "hemicycle" debating chamber of the parliament. I made my point that they should NOT have extended beyond 29th March 2019. No deal - let's get on with it.

Did you go with your mate SRK?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5675 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 08:33:47 »

Did you go with your mate SRK?

I imagine he was too busy watching Alf Garnett re-runs
Combe Up

« Reply #5676 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 09:02:10 »

I have pics to prove my protests. Better non-violent direct action than typing about how financially worse off you might be rather than thinking of the stategic, political principles at stake.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5677 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 09:05:28 »

I have pics to prove my protests. Better non-violent direct action than typing about how financially worse off you might be rather than thinking of the stategic, political principles at stake.

Post them.  Double points if you're wearing a Town shirt.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5678 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 09:32:51 »

Post them.
God, not if he's got his arse out. Fair play though, CU, might disagree with you on the overall issues, but at least you've got off your arse to back up what you believe in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5679 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 09:36:13 »

In the hope that a time machine would have been presented and they could have taken some action on your point?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5680 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 10:07:45 »

Common Market 2.0 - Lab in favour, Con not
Confirmatory Referendum - Lab in favour, Con not
Customs Union - Lab in favour, Con not
Parliamentary Supremacy - Lab in favour, Con not

It should also be noted given the closeness of the votes on Common Market 2 and Customs Union that the Lib Dems, who are supported by several leading voices on here voted against.

I'd be interested to hear from Horlock and Ardiles the thinking behind this... I know these were indicative votes, and therefore meaningless to an extent.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5681 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 10:19:26 »

And how did Chukka's lot decide to vote?  Against the custom union of course.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5682 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 10:24:45 »

It should also be noted given the closeness of the votes on Common Market 2 and Customs Union that the Lib Dems, who are supported by several leading voices on here voted against.

I'd be interested to hear from Horlock and Ardiles the thinking behind this... I know these were indicative votes, and therefore meaningless to an extent.

You have a long memory, Reg.  I have supported the Lib Dems in the past and I'm still sympathetic to a lot of what they stand for, but they didn't get my vote in 2017.

The indicative votes process seems to have been very flawed.  As Ken Clarke pointed out, many supporters of one option voted against their 2nd best option in fear that their main preference would lose ground.  So, for example, many supporters of a confirmatory referendum voted against the Common Market 2.0 option - even though many will have been broadly supportive of it.  I don't doubt that what you say about the Lib Dems is true and, that being the case, that they screwed up.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5683 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 10:53:50 »

But but but, I protest, I protest...I thought you said "EVERY second the clock ticks on..." etc. Well we haven't left on the 29th March. We very likely will leave on April 12th/May 22nd (in some form or another) but all your shit stirring, WUM bullshit you kept on about. Go and sit down and have a very long think about things. You very naughty boy!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Combe Up

« Reply #5684 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 11:22:03 »

My pics will not upload as they are too large. What do I need to do? I have followed the instructions on here.

I received my polling card today for Swindon Borough elections on your 2nd May. It mentions nothing about taking ID. Has the pilot not being continued?
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: