Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022293 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #5625 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 20:57:46 »

Erm, if you mean the Brexit demos fronted by Farage and Tommy the Nazi, there was about 3-4,000 according to the Standard:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/police-braced-for-numerous-probrexit-protests-in-london-including-ukip-and-tommy-robinson-protest-in-a4104116.html
The Mail and BBC don't give figures but talk about "thousands" (i.e. less than 20,000 or the Mail would have said tens of thousands):
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6863863/Dozens-Brexit-voters-celebrate-tonight-UK-not-quitting-EU.html

I know facts and numbers and stuff aren't your strong point, but this is ludicrous even for you?

Yeah but the week before there were only a few thousand commie eu lovers but that added up to a million.
Good for the goose and all that.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5626 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 21:04:17 »

Fair enough.  But we all know there were 1m+ anti-Brexit protestors there as well.

Don't start on the number twisting thing.  Trump tried it and made a dick of himself.  No one falls for it.
Yeah they fucking do. the Inde and other media outlets makes shite up about millions of commies protesting when there isn't and then the bbc run with it.
Trumps got nothing to do with those that lost thinking they won.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #5627 on: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 22:28:09 »

Euro scare stories?  

The odious, smirking MEP pension scrounger from Sevenoaks Public School (with an attendance record worse than some of our worst democratically ennobled Lords) insulted the Euro Parliament on the marking of the 10th anniversary of the Euro.   Classlessly laughing that the currency would be dead before another 10 years was out.  

More Brexitist Project Fear.

Even Diane Abbott could  count the 11 years that followed.

That’s despicable. The Euro has caused serious detriment to the southern countries-such as Spain, Italy, and Greece. Their economies are on their knees with youth unemployment standing at nearly 50%- all because they don’t have their own currency which they could devalue to kick start their economies.

Maggie said in the late 80s what damage a single currency could do to Southern Europe and that it was a federal Europe by the back door. Not for the first time she’s been proved right
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5628 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 06:56:41 »

And you clearly think that those trying to get us out of the EU are doing it for benign, pure motives.  For the record Im not totally convinced of the European project. 

But I will say it again and again.  17m voted to get out - there were illegalities in that.  16m voted to stay in.

14m didnt know.  I do not consider that a mandate to spend 3 years shouting about the will of the people as if the only people who matter are those 17m.

Spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5629 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 07:39:42 »

That’s despicable. The Euro has caused serious detriment to the southern countries-such as Spain, Italy, and Greece. Their economies are on their knees with youth unemployment standing at nearly 50%- all because they don’t have their own currency which they could devalue to kick start their economies.

Maggie said in the late 80s what damage a single currency could do to Southern Europe and that it was a federal Europe by the back door. Not for the first time she’s been proved right
What you said about predictions of Armageddon if the UK did not join the Euro is simply untrue.  I'm not sure how truthfully recalling Farage's prediction of the destruction of the Euro within 10 years, now unfulfilled, can be despicable?

I don't recall Mystic Maggie's predictions for "Southern Europe".  However, I'm not sure why a Brexitist should be so concerned about youth unemployment rates in three particular southern European countries anymore than in the rust bucket of the USA?  I would have thought the North East, the West Midlands and now Swindon would be more relevant.

There will be many better informed people than me to argue about the Euro as a whole.  It's main purpose, as I recall,  was to facilitate an increase in trade between Eurozone countries (without losing trade elsewhere) and I understand that objective to have been achieved.

Happy to follow any posts about the merits and dangers of the Euro. The Brexit point is that the UK has chosen to remain outside of it and has been content with that choice.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5630 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 12:02:34 »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the elite stopping a nation being free,  George Soros hands Gina Miller campaign £400,000 in desperate bid to STOP Brexit. Neither of them born in the UK.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5631 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 12:23:12 »

I think that's £800k so far plus a promise of more to stop brexit. You've also got the cosy dinners for some conservatives. Spare change, however, from the £1 billion he made on the UK and erm a few years back.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5632 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 13:37:15 »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the elite stopping a nation being free,  George Soros hands Gina Miller campaign £400,000 in desperate bid to STOP Brexit. Neither of them born in the UK.
GM was born in British Guiana (now Guyana) 45 years ago when she was 10 years old.  Why you think we should be interested that she was born outside the UK is interesting.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5633 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:03:10 »

I have never really understood Nationalism.  The argument against the euro for example, that poorer countries suffer.  Well, why shouldn't the North East of England be allowed a different currency than the pound, given Londons impact of its value?

Why should Scotland have to abide by the rules of a country who took control through force?

I have no affiliation to events before I was born.  Not saying there are events not worthy of remembering, but they are of a different time.  Britain is young, the Govt we want back is very new in it's current form and currency itself is new the way we know it today.  They will all change within several generations, it's what happens.

I think I am the peasants in Holy Grail
Sir red ken

« Reply #5634 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:03:36 »

GM was born in British Guiana (now Guyana) 45 years ago when she was 10 years old.  Why you think we should be interested that she was born outside the UK is interesting.
She studied law at the Polytechnic of East London (now University of East London) but left without completing her finals because her parents wanted her in Guyana.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5635 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:06:19 »

What she was 10 years old when she was born?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5636 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:08:42 »

I think the point is she was born in a colony and has spent most of her life in the UK itself, so what does the bit of land she was popped out matter?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5637 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:13:09 »

I think that's £800k so far plus a promise of more to stop brexit. You've also got the cosy dinners for some conservatives. Spare change, however, from the £1 billion he made on the UK and erm a few years back.
All true.

We've had plenty of funds coming in to the Leave/Remain campaigns.

Soros' 800 thousand donation to Miller is of course legit and transparent.

Personally I am more concerned by the Arron Banks fronted 8 million donated to Farage.  We know that it couldn't substantially havecome from the sale of Banks' insurance company as he first claimed.  I would love to be a fly on the wall at the National Crime Agency.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5638 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:16:15 »

What she was 10 years old when she was born?

Looks like I'd fail the English Language test Smiley

ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #5639 on: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 14:52:38 »

It's worth remembering what Banks and Leave.eu actually spent that illegally-gained money on - the Cambridge Analytica connection, and how they managed to scrape the data of 50 million Facebook users, using competitions and memes, so they could target the ill-informed and disinterested. I think I may have fallen for it myself...
I just came across this Twitter thread which explains it pretty well. Let's hope it all comes out when there's a public inquiry into the Referendum campaign.

https://twitter.com/Nealb2010/status/1059068463933743104
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 15:08:57 by ReadingRed » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: