Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022761 times)
Combe Up

« Reply #4530 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 07:44:43 »

You believe in your own interpretation of democracy, and nothing more.  We've been round this point so many times now that it's getting boring...but SM & CU membership were never on the ballot.  This is a fact.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and meaningless.

The views of over a 1.2 million people majority - irrelevant and meaningless Huh?!!!

I am still counting those people. One per second remember. Tick tock.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #4531 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:31:36 »

I believe in being able to change a result of a shit decision. imagine applying a 'can't change your mind' rule to every day life. good grief.

It would cut the divorce rate down for starters
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4532 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:35:16 »

OK.  I'm going to have to spell this out for you.

The 17.4m Leave voters did not all vote for the same version of Leave.  Some (like you) voted to also leave the SM & CU; and others did not.

The UK leaves the EU.  That is established.  But there is no majority to leave the SM & CU, and there never has been.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4533 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:39:56 »

You believe in your own interpretation of democracy, and nothing more.  We've been round this point so many times now that it's getting boring...but SM & CU membership were never on the ballot.  This is a fact.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and meaningless.

You believe in your own interpretation of democracy, and nothing more. As do you sir....

The rest of your post is irrelevant and meaningless. As is yours in effect.

There are those amongst you with your left wing remainer stance who quote The Guardian, Independent and other left leaning papers as if it is the gospel. Yet when others who are of the opposite views quote right leaning papers they are shouted down or derided. You cannot have it both ways. If you wish others to take your opinions seriously you have to give the same back.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4534 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:41:01 »

This thread is actually a prime example of the problems we have. People talking to each other like absolute cunts if they have a differing opinion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4535 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:47:49 »

There are those amongst you with your left wing remainer stance who quote The Guardian, Independent and other left leaning papers as if it is the gospel. Yet when others who are of the opposite views quote right leaning papers they are shouted down or derided. You cannot have it both ways. If you wish others to take your opinions seriously you have to give the same back.

That's what happens when both sides have such strong views and no strong majority. Not any wng myself though, don't read newspapers at all either. And I sure as hell can't have got remain influenced by the BBC! Must be individual thought.

This thread is actually a prime example of the problems we have. People talking to each other like absolute cunts if they have a differing opinion.

Right, May talks about pulling the country together - too late.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4536 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 08:55:03 »

That’s a load of codswallop. Leave voters knew full well that leaving meant leaving the single market and customs union- even Cameron said it.

She’s another MP trying desperately to over ride a Democratic vote for her own ends

Revisionist nonsense.

Quote from: Michael Gove
There is a free trade zone stretching from Iceland to Turkey that all European nations have access to, regardless of whether they are in or out of the euro or EU. After we vote to leave we will remain in this zone.

The suggestion that Bosnia, Serbia, Albania and the Ukraine would stay part of this free trade area - and Britain would be on the outside with just Belarus - is as credible as Jean-Claude Juncker joining UKIP.

Agreeing to maintain this continental free trade zone is the simple course and emphatically in everyone’s interests.

Quote from: Daniel Hannan
To repeat, absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market. 

Quote from: Oliver Norgrove
We argue for things which are utterly achievable in the EEA and make no mention at all of leaving the single market

Quote from: Owen Paterson, MP
Only a madman would actually leave the Market

Quote from: Nigel Farage
Wouldn't it be terrible if we were really like Norway and Switzerland? Really? They're rich. They're happy. They're self-governing

Quote from: Arron Banks
Increasingly, the Norway option looks the best for the UK
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4537 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 09:03:41 »

Sorry you feel that way, genuinely.  But I have tried in recent posts on this thread to stick to the facts...those being that CU & SM membership are not inextricably linked to EU membership (ask Turkey or Norway).  I am simply challenging the stance put forward by some that the vote in 2016 to leave the EU was also a vote to leave the SM & CU.  It was not, either legally - or in any other sense.

Time to step back from the fray, I agree.  This is going nowhere.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4538 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 09:34:17 »

Spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4539 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 10:05:36 »

Sorry you feel that way, genuinely.  But I have tried in recent posts on this thread to stick to the facts...those being that CU & SM membership are not inextricably linked to EU membership (ask Turkey or Norway).  I am simply challenging the stance put forward by some that the vote in 2016 to leave the EU was also a vote to leave the SM & CU.  It was not, either legally - or in any other sense.

Time to step back from the fray, I agree.  This is going nowhere.

Stick with it... the more you talk about something, try and explain, the more chance there is of overcoming entrenched positions, sometimes it can be a slow process.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4540 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 10:45:12 »

An overwhelming(!) majority are now against democracy!

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-data-poll-53-of-british-public-want-second-eu-referendum-11584278
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4541 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 10:51:54 »

But its the will of the people.

Disappointingly weak majority that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4542 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 11:00:11 »

It's stronger than it looks at first sight.  The breakdown is 53% for a 2nd referendum; 36% against; and 11% don't know/undecided.

Not sure where I stand on that question, to be honest.  Probably in favour on balance, but with reservations.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4543 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 11:00:21 »

FWIW many are not in favour of a 'new' referendum, they merely want a repeat referendum to be held that is not mired in lies, criminal acts, foreign interference and bollocks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4544 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 11:38:02 »

Ah, I see
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: