Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2021994 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4095 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 13:53:50 »

The deal will be rejected by Parliament. May will have to resign as it will be a massive vote of no confidence.

Brexit date will be extended. There will be a GE with nobody really wanting to win and become responsible for the mess.

A second referendum will occur and the decision overturned. So whatever happens after that is the people’s fault and none of the shit will stick to any slimy politician.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4096 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 13:59:36 »

Hopefully
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4097 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 15:35:06 »

The deal will be rejected by Parliament. May will have to resign as it will be a massive vote of no confidence.

Brexit date will be extended. There will be a GE with nobody really wanting to win and become responsible for the mess.

A second referendum will occur and the decision overturned. So whatever happens after that is the people’s fault and none of the shit will stick to any slimy politician.

Very difficult to second-guess what will happen over the coming fortnight.... beyond if May is voted down, then the can will be kicked down the road.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4098 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 16:14:39 »

Why would the Brexit date be extended?  we've served notice, all that will happen is we exit with no trading deal in place with the EU and a big bill.
REDBUCK

« Reply #4099 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 17:03:17 »

A no deal has never been investigated let alone considered. If we were to crash out now with 4 months to go it would be fucking shameful and a disaster. It should have been our default position and planned 3 years ago.
It's going to be difficult to call what happens next. The may deal is a pile of shit that could be read a number of ways but none in a positive, hard thought victory kind of way. May has done a shit job for both extremes of the debate and there's not enough in the middle to support it.
Given the whole fucking mess the Tories have made if this they should be unelectable if it wasn't for jezza and his gang. If labour were clever they'd ditch jezza, appoint Benn and go all in on a remain ticket.

Would you mind expanding on why it's a pile of shit for the uneducated - cheers
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4100 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 17:30:55 »

My best guess is that we'll end up with a Norway style deal (ie soft Brexit) - which is where I've always felt we should have ended up, logically, with a 52% vote in favour of leaving.  I doubt very much that parliament will permit a no deal exit.  There are too many MPs who would be dead set against that...and I'm sure they would find a way, if necessary, to avoid the scenario.

As to who will PM in 4 months from now - or even which party will be in control - I have no idea.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4101 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 18:25:26 »

Isn`t this proposal exactly what is needed - nobody is happy with it - as the vote was so close it soon became quite apparent that neither Remain or Leave would be happy unless they got things entirely their own way - an impossible task all things considered. So now we have this situation where nobody is happy which oddly seems the fairest way of proceeding...the BBC media is really quite keen on stirring the shit but I think everybody is so bored by the word Brexit that public opinion would probably be in favour of the MP`s voting this agreement in - which on the outside doesn`t really look like an agreement at all...

Bathtime
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4102 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 09:53:33 »

Would you mind expanding on why it's a pile of shit for the uneducated - cheers
I think the article quoted by Horlock sums it up quite well. A remainer quoting an article by a remainer but I agree with most of it.
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/11/23/may-s-brexit-deal-is-a-humiliation-for-britain
I could be wrong but the deal could very well lead to us needing EU agreement to leave which has to be unpallatable to leavers. We also have the fact that we haven't got a fucking clue about any trade deal and the wording seems to smack of the best endeavours scenario that Spurs gave us when they signed one of our youngsters years ago.
I still believe that the EU have dictated their terms and we've meekly agreed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4103 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 09:58:45 »

I think the article quoted by Horlock sums it up quite well. A remainer quoting an article by a remainer but I agree with most of it.
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/11/23/may-s-brexit-deal-is-a-humiliation-for-britain
I could be wrong but the deal could very well lead to us needing EU agreement to leave which has to be unpallatable to leavers. We also have the fact that we haven't got a fucking clue about any trade deal and the wording seems to smack of the best endeavours scenario that Spurs gave us when they signed one of our youngsters years ago.
I still believe that the EU have dictated their terms and we've meekly agreed.

Ooh... remind us of the Spurs thing, was it when they signed Leigh Mills?  We ended up with Jamie Slabber or something.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4104 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:06:29 »

Isn`t this proposal exactly what is needed - nobody is happy with it - as the vote was so close it soon became quite apparent that neither Remain or Leave would be happy unless they got things entirely their own way - an impossible task all things considered. So now we have this situation where nobody is happy which oddly seems the fairest way of proceeding...the BBC media is really quite keen on stirring the shit but I think everybody is so bored by the word Brexit that public opinion would probably be in favour of the MP`s voting this agreement in - which on the outside doesn`t really look like an agreement at all...

Hammond, who to me does at least seem grown up, is saying that the analysis is that the economy takes a hit under any form of Brexit.... hence the reasons for this deal as a least bad option for the economy.  Obviously a tactical ploy aimed at Tory MP's, the electorate will not thank you for making them poorer.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4105 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 10:09:21 »

Ooh... remind us of the Spurs thing, was it when they signed Leigh Mills?  We ended up with Jamie Slabber or something.
Yes, you are correct. They got our brightest young thing permanently and we got a useless fucker on loan. On the positive side, it didn't quite work for Spurs either.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4106 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 11:48:28 »

I think that is probably true.  I tend not to "talk" about Brexit as it either upsets people or, worse, bores them.  When ensconced in a remainer only environment, we tend to have a bit of a moan and do some eye rolling.

To the very decent folk who are bored, my hunch is that you will not be heard.  You are probably less likely to vote.

The reality is that the Farages, the Rees Moggs, the Bridgens, the Cashs and so on will be continuing to fight against any close alignment with our neighbours in the EU, as their like have done for the last 20 years.  They would never be satisfied with the Withdrawal Agreement as some form of compromise.  Never, never, never!

With apologies to the moderates and the bored, however much I prefer you even to myself, I personally will never equably countenance a future for the UK shaped by the likes of the above.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4107 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 12:08:22 »

the electorate will not thank you for making them poorer.

It's the will of the people. Its not like Project Fear forgot to mention it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4108 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:33:24 »

Hidden away by the Brexit shambles later today the Offensive Weapons Bill is up again. The government has dropped plans originally in the bill to ban .50 calibre military grade guns in England after pressure from hard-Brexit Tories - mainly in the ERG - and the DUP.

Why?
scillyred

« Reply #4109 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:46:22 »

I think that is probably true.  I tend not to "talk" about Brexit as it either upsets people or, worse, bores them.  When ensconced in a remainer only environment, we tend to have a bit of a moan and do some eye rolling.

To the very decent folk who are bored, my hunch is that you will not be heard.  You are probably less likely to vote.

The reality is that the Farages, the Rees Moggs, the Bridgens, the Cashs and so on will be continuing to fight against any close alignment with our neighbours in the EU, as their like have done for the last 20 years.  They would never be satisfied with the Withdrawal Agreement as some form of compromise.  Never, never, never!

With apologies to the moderates and the bored, however much I prefer you even to myself, I personally will never equably countenance a future for the UK shaped by the likes of the above.  

I am intelligent, professional and vote.
I am so bored with Brexit & Trump that whenever they are mentioned on TV/Radio I immediately turn over - ignorance is bliss !
The tories were never going to agree amongst themselves, labour are only interested in manufacturing an election and the lib dems have missed the boat. Life will go on - probably as a Remainer it may be sour grapes Cool

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: