Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022669 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 15:02:23 »

This is precisely why we need to do away with First Past the Post (FPTP).  Bring in proportional voting, allow Labour to split in to two (or three) - in to smaller, coherent political units that actually believe in what they stand for - and then elect a parliament that will properly represent the balance of opinion in the country.  It is only FPTP that forces Labour, and the Tories to a lesser extent, to group together in uneasy alliances that pull in several directions.

FPTP disproportionately rewards big parties.  It skews the political debate and disenfranchises millions of voters.

Agree with every word.

I'd love to live in a democracy. It must be quite nice.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:17:14 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2011 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 12:01:00 »

It seems the favourite to be the new-new leader of UKIP has been hospitalised with a serious brain injury after being punched by one of his fellow UKIP MEPs. What an unholy mess.

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 12:08:52 »

May, calling labour the nasty party made me chuckle. As did all the other bullshit she spewed yesterday.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2013 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 12:20:53 »

It seems the favourite to be the new-new leader of UKIP has been hospitalised with a serious brain injury after being punched by one of his fellow UKIP MEPs. What an unholy mess.

UKIP is clearly closing ranks.  The name of the assailant - who Woolfe allegedly 'offered outside' after a disagreement at a party meeting - is still not in the public domain.  They will have to go public soon.  Sounds horrible.  Hope he pulls through.

British Politics is in a complete mess.  More than ever, we need an effective opposition to scrutinise/hold the government to account.  Labour and UKIP are tearing themselves apart; the Lib Dems are nowhere; and the SNP, the only Westminster party that seems to have any semblance of unity and purpose, hates Westminster and has no representation south of the border.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2014 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 12:24:39 »

I mean I'm genuinely impressed by how low the Lib Dem support % is holding considering they relatively speaking have their shit together and Labour and UKIP are figuratively/literally (respectively) punching themselves in the face. People really didn't like Clegg/tuition fees, huh?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 13:30:34 »

UKIP is clearly closing ranks.  The name of the assailant - who Woolfe allegedly 'offered outside' after a disagreement at a party meeting - is still not in the public domain.  They will have to go public soon.  Sounds horrible.  Hope he pulls through.

Mike Hookem is the one alleged to have thrown the punch. The long standing historical hostility and divisiveness in the upper echelons of UKIP means they are not capable of closing ranks. This kind of stuff has gone for years, it's only a surprise it's taken so long for it go public.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2016 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 13:38:47 »

This is just an offshoot of the Hamilton v Farage split really isn't it? Bunch of fucking clowns
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:19:37 »

I mean I'm genuinely impressed by how low the Lib Dem support % is holding considering they relatively speaking have their shit together and Labour and UKIP are figuratively/literally (respectively) punching themselves in the face. People really didn't like Clegg/tuition fees, huh?

It surely has a lot to do with the fact they propped up a Tory government that, I imagine, most Lib Dem voters didn't want in power.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 15:27:04 »

Mike Hookem is the one alleged to have thrown the punch. The long standing historical hostility and divisiveness in the upper echelons of UKIP means they are not capable of closing ranks. This kind of stuff has gone for years, it's only a surprise it's taken so long for it go public.

Is his nickname Right Hookem?

Presumably a play for the Brown Shirt vote.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #2019 on: Thursday, October 6, 2016, 17:33:53 »

Presumably a play for the Brown Shirt vote.

Like John Prescott...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 06:21:37 »

May, calling labour the nasty party made me chuckle. As did all the other bullshit she spewed yesterday.

Bullshit certainly but she's the only political leader to acknowledge the shit that some of the working class has had to put up with in the last 20 years.
If only a Labour leader could of done the same.
I'm now in a quandary. Who to vote for next.
Labour to hung up on fighting each other and no longer focused on the working class as I see them.
Liberals poor mans tory
Tory class enemy.
Ukip nothing without Farage.
Maybe back to the greens as a protest vote.
Or do something that I haven't done since the early 70s and don't bother voting.
Truly, even in the days of thatcher, have I never felt so disenfranchised.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 06:43:05 »

I am definitely in the wait and see camp regarding the Lib Dems, I did think Farron was not doing great, but they are getting the membership up (not particularly relevant in winning elections as Labour may realise some day) but also quietly gaining Local seats all over the place with some decent swings from Tory (20%+ swing in Stow) and Labour (Mosborough where they were previously fourth, with a +30% swing taking c.9% off all of the Tories, Labour and UKIP). Also from his re-emergence I suspect polling is suggesting Clegg is not as toxic as he was?

Proof will be in be in a by-election I suppose, witney offers some opportunity but I suspect the scale of the Tory majority will be too big for a challenge although the Lib Dems odds have dropped a lot in the last few weeks. Jo Cox's old seat is not being contested (apart from a plethora of dodgy sounding right wing parties against labour) again I suspect sentimental will skew that result which may lead it not being a true guide to Corbyn support in the real world.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2022 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 07:30:03 »

Interesting appointments from Corbyn so far. Abbott and Chakrabati - both loathesome individuals who should switch a few more people off.
May doing her best to capture the middle ground as Labour lurch to the extreme left. 
UKIP have done their job. Is there any need to vote for them now?
Saw Question Time last night and the leader of Plaid Cymru appeared to have a lobotomy. The panel included one of these totally unfunny comedians - Parsons??
Politics is at an all time low
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 07:38:38 »

Extreme left hahahhahaha
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2024 on: Friday, October 7, 2016, 07:56:34 »

I see the government has overturned the democratic decision to ban fracking in lancashire.So much for May "listening to the people"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: