Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2022806 times)

Ignore
« Reply #1680 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 17:13:31 »

I've decided I'm voting to leave. Taken me a while to come to this decision but my mind is made up now.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1681 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 17:16:25 »

What prompted it?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #1682 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 17:26:09 »

Had a chat with a fella on the leave stall in town yesterday which cemented my decision.

I don't think we are getting much out of the current arrangement so want to see what happens if we leave really.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1683 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 22:52:14 »

It's a shame there isn't an ignore option in this pathetic debate.  If I could be bothered, I'd probably still vote to stay (for many reasons that aren't being debated, and for which I know I am in a minority anyway), but as I'm leaving the country anyway, probably best to let others decide.  Given the general feeling in the country, we should vote to leave (nobody is really pro Europe in the way it needs them to be), see how it goes for a bit and then join the queue again in the future if it all turns to shit.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 23:22:19 »

I reckon the last 2 posts sum it up for most, me included. No idea what will happen, but I'll be a leave and nothing will change it now. I've not spoken to anyone on stalls in the high street, but the only one's we've had where I live are leave campaigners, not a stay in sight, think the bookies have this wrong even more as days pass, time to get down there, and get some 6-1 action or whatever it is tomorrow.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:07:47 »

I'd probably vote leave if it wasn't for the fact that I'm terrified what this government would do without the constraints Europe imposes on them

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1686 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:31:49 »

I don't quite understand the conclusions that some people are reaching. To me there isn't enough evidence that we will be better off out of Europe. Change for the sake of change doesn't seem a good idea to me. Surely, a close vote, staying in, with the threat of another referendum in say 5 years gives us the opportunity to go back and negotiate a better deal. Maybe then we can get some proper facts and figures and plans of what we'd do outside of Europe so that we could do a proper comparison and make an informed choice......But what do I know!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1687 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:37:20 »

Had a chat with a fella on the leave stall in town yesterday which cemented my decision.

I don't think we are getting much out of the current arrangement so want to see what happens if we leave really.

I'm not the EU's biggest fan but we do get a lot from them. We'll certainly get a lot less if we leave... I've yet to see anyone from Leave say anything even remotely tangible to counter that.

I think it's best summed up by Farage's reaction to the pound weakening. "So what?". Seriously!?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:38:19 »

If the vote is anywhere in 52:48 to 48:52 territory, the aftermath will be very ugly.  In those circumstances, I simply cannot see the losing side standing down immediately.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1689 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:45:33 »

If the vote is anywhere in 52:48 to 48:52 territory, the aftermath will be very ugly.  In those circumstances, I simply cannot see the losing side standing down immediately.

Even if we leave it's gonna be a horrifically long, painful, drawn out process in which the Tory leadership will be up for grabs and the rest of us suffer with the in-fighting and the recession. It's just not worth it.

Some people would see Cameron getting booted as a good thing.... Until the realisation hits that he's not the worst of the tory party.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1690 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:46:05 »

Pollsters have Brexit winning, whilst the Bookies have Remain (quite comfortably too I would say).

However, the odds on Brexit have shortened noticably in the last 24 hours (roughly 2.5 down from 3.5).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1691 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:59:49 »

I can't honestly say I have many strong positive feelings towards the EU, but the political fallout of Brexit would almost certainly be Boris Johnson as PM with Gove, IDS and possibly Farage in high ranking positions, which is as strong an argument for remain as any I've seen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:11:24 »

Even if we leave it's gonna be a horrifically long, painful, drawn out process in which the Tory leadership will be up for grabs and the rest of us suffer with the in-fighting and the recession. It's just not worth it.

Some people would see Cameron getting booted as a good thing.... Until the realisation hits that he's not the worst of the tory party.

If we trigger an aspiration to leave there is immediately a two year long consultation period within the EU, so that's two years of uncertainty, under investment and likely recession - even before any ideas of negotiating trade agreements with an EU who see us as a bad leaver and will want to make an example to stop anyone else getting the same idea?

Barry Scott

« Reply #1693 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:16:18 »

This is the way I've been leaning. I don't think I'll actually vote as I'm ignorant and apothetic but I don't see anything particularly good currently happening for the average man-on-the-street, so I think big business, the political class, and their mates, could do with a bit of a shake-up to their system.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1694 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:20:08 »

And regarding recession, have we not been in a recession and under austerity measures since the bankers slapped 12 inches up us without protection or lube?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: